• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

dont you think that feature would be kinda unfair to the person they are fighting?
    that's kinda like double teaming..

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    if its pokegroup vs pokegroup, then i don't think it would be unfair ... i dislike the second feature though, because then the battle could go on forever and the original participants would be long gone. additionally, its a disadvantage for whoever startd the battle because their pokemon are already tired

Atomic Reactor

yeah, well, i doubt this feature would be put in anyway.
    it would create to many problems. :P

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • wow i havent looked at this thread in a while, good to see captain arcane has been posting ^_^ gives me lots of hope for this game,hey captain i just wanted to tell you that i think everything about this game is AMAZING especially your maps but i really love all the pokeballs and special features its really impressive good luck to you and your amazing team one question though will this game allow the use of a gamepad??? and if not what would be the control scheme on the keyboard?

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • (@)____(@) *astonished and confused face*

Its so funny, not to mention how fragile this thread is. It seems as though as soon a leaf drops, and black the line of ants, all the ants in the ant hill get lost and confised.

Everyone please, calm down, just walk around the "leaf."

Topics that gain momentum in a bad way, please, just ignore them, or inform a moderator. I feel like the mother who had one too many children. I alwasy have to come in and separate your all. I don't want to have to assign corners, but if I must I must.

Though, I can't help but laugh at all these rediculosu situations, but they are getting rather bothersome, and I would bet a lot of money that moderators are getting annoyed at people spamming, and flaming in here. So please, everyone calm down, and at least try to stay on topic. This is the thread for discussing Pokémon the Lost World for those of you who did not notice.

Anyway, on to bigger and better things

I will not be online much this week, and most of next week. In matter of fact, I will probably be on only once or twice, if at all next week. So, unless another cheerleader fight breaks out in here, expect it to get very quite. Also, progress will be very slow next week, mainly becuase I will be out of town, making it almost very impossible to do any work. But, which leaves ample amount of time for me to create new map concepts!!! *insert squealing crowd*

On the other hand, progress is going great, it really is. And I have very good news for you all. I expect to have the update in 3 weeks. Let me say that again so there is no misconceptions, and spammy messages pertaining update information

Update in 3 weeks (hopefully)

I'm not sure how most people will react to this next update. I really don't know. Everytime I update, an atom bomb goes off in the pokecommunity, and this thread doesn't see a wink of sleep for weeks on end. And just judging by the sheer amount of things that will be revealed, I can not contemplate the effect it will have. So.....just be ready, that all I have to say. Oh, and please be responsible, it seems as though everyone gets the notion that whenever there is an update, its okay to post messages like "ZOMG, how AWESOME. ZOMG ZOMG." Yeah, none of that. Rules are rules, and there are no exceptions, and they are there for a reason.

I will try and answer all the new questions by tomorrow. It's almost 10:30 p.m., and I've had so much school work as of late, that I haven't had much time for anything.

In conclusion.

Everyone please. Stay on topic, do not argue with other members, try to be curtious to one another. Keep your hands, and keyboards to yourselves at all times. I don't want to log on tomorrow to find WWWW III in here. (thats a joke if you don't didn't catch it, the WWWW III meaning "World Wide Web War Three")

And remember, Update in three weeks. (hopefully)

See you guys tomorrow,
    Captain Arcane

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    Name (username): Shmue
    Position Title: Mapper
    *Email address:
    Instant Messenger: (note, all members are suggested to have MSN, which is what I, and the other team members use, and please write each of your contacts next to each corresponding instant messenger you have)
    Aim: contact here
    MSN: If you want ill tell you via PM
    Yahoo: contact here

Experience in this field: Mess about editing atleast 30-45mins per day.

Examples of your work: Sorry I lost my current project, POKEMON ROCKET

*Details about yourself: Currently doing GCSE's at school, live in England.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well, not that. But, I don't know, ..., not go off and every little thing. (Including me of course, I realize I've done it to ...)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    the problem is not people being in this thread. its people being stupid and disrespectful.

and qw, it is NOT our place to try and guess what the next update is. thats one of the, guess what, stupid things that goes on in this thread that spawns all the pointless arguements.

Years
  • I really do hope I'm not starting a new fight here, but of late I've gotten very confused about what you can and can not post in this thread. If I remember correctly these things are not done (plus the most obvious ones):
    - Guessing what the next update will be.
    - Talk about features that (eventually) might be put into the game. (I think most of the posts that have this 'feel' to them are really just ideas. They may be good, they may be bad, but how do you want people to talk about ideas then?)
    - Ask a question (because 9 out of 10 times all you get to hear is "This was answered in another post." or "We don't want to reveal anything about that yet.")

I know that we are not supposed to spam and as you might have noticed I try to refrain from it. But I can't help but notice how difficult it is to post something that is not going to get angry replies or even start a war. Again: this is not to start I fight, I would just like to know how I can post safely in this thread.

Just to make sure: should someone respond to this post and I want to say something about that in return I'll probably be sending a PM. To keep at least my contribution to this thread as spam-free as possible ;)

Years
  • kyuuketsuki_nan (wow that's a mouth full)

No one said that you can't ask questions on this thread.
    It just so happens that 9 out of 10 times it's a questions that's already been answered!
    That's why we respond to them like that.
    And yes, you are allowed to voice your opinions and whatever you think might help CA...

Years
  • Ok, I might have gone a bit far with the question one... But personally I find it very hard to differentiate between a suggestion and a prediction. I mean, should I have an idea for, say, a letter writing feature. Imagine I would say something like this:
    "I just got this idea that might be useful; letters. That way you can talk to people who aren't online at the moment and they'll just read their letters when they get online. I do think that it's better to have something like postage stamps or some other way of paying for your letters to make sure the feature is not abused. Maybe it would also be awesome to have mailboxes to put them in and then you would have to go to a postoffice to collect your letters."
    I hope everyone can agree that this is an idea (and not a very good one perhaps xD), but as you can see: if you would want to elaborate on your idea you'll have to hypothesise, which can sound like more than just a suggestion. Not to mention that when someone else brainstorms further on your idea it might sound as if it's already half inplemented.
    The main problem is: when is something an "idea" or a "suggestion" and when does it become a "prediction"? It might be because English is not my first language that I could be missing subtle nuances, but in that case it might be wise to specify some things, because I'm sure there are more people visiting this thread that don't have English as their first language. (^^)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well is that your idea?
    Because if so, i really like it.
    It makes sense to have to pay for them so it's not over abused.
    Hopefully CA takes a look at that.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    mr vampire -
    that is a suggestion. However, a prediction usually is worded like this :
    I think that (insert name) will do (insert thing) and it will be totally awesome
    and then an entire argument is had over the specifics of it. the majority of 'suggestions' in the past 40 pages have been done in that format, or something similar. Those are not suggestions, they are predictions/trying to force the creator to doing something that he wasn't planning in the first palce

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back