• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Uh... KlassicXL, do you realize that Mooshykris is part of the staff right?
    You seem to be addressing him like he has no idea what's going on...

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    The battle system which is what we're discussing atm has so far only been planned between me and the captain as far as I know, hence other team members won't really be up on it.

Atomic Reactor

He's talked to me about it a little. He filled me in on the battle bar thing he made also.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I don't admit to knowing everything about how the systems work or anything.

I am simply the head of the music department.

However, I still may voice my opinion on the subject in any case.

~Mooshykris

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Of course you can voice your opinions, the final concept for the battle system will probably be discussed with the whole team with everyone's opinion taken into account, we're just in early stages atm.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    To be honest, I don't care if he is on the team or not or whom ever I speak to. Like him and Rhuan said we can voice our opinions, but if our opinions are being criticized from a person working on the project when it is officially said somewhere else that our opinions could be taken into consideration because it is based off the source of which we are getting our ideas from then why should I not speak back? He should be more open minded really, but he's one of those people who like to think on a realistic scale I suppose which is a good thing. Never the less I'd still like to have my opinions on improving a game in the air if I'm going to and wanting to be playing it in the future.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Guys, enough arguing, we aren't getting anywhere -.-'

People are allowed to suggest opinions and ideas for the game, but there comes a point of ridiculousness, and that line was not crossed.

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    ...Wow. I have to say that I'm very impressed as to where this game is going. This is promising to be the best Pokemon game I've ever heard of. Keep up the good work!
    One thing I hated about the Pokemon games is that when I saw the anime, there was provision for training pokemon outside of batter (aka right before a tournament, you saw all the trainers doing last minute training, etc), but its never been incorperated into the game. One source game you might want to look at for ideas on how this could work is Monster Rancher. Although that was pretty much how you trained your monsters there, it's an idea that could be incorperated.
    Also, I am very happy that it's basically a seperate game, not a rom. I say this because of the file size limitations on roms and .ds files. This is the main reason why I didn't really get into hacking, on account that I couldn't get all the regions in one game. Seriously, good work. I'll send in an application to help out if I can.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Not. Relevant. To. The. Game. Drop. It.

And you just said that to...a Staff Member :P

But anyways...let's move on to a more interesting subject.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone actually ever plans on asking anything about the music :P

~Mooshykris

Atomic Reactor

ok.

what do you guys think of the switch to kyledoves styled tiles?

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    Is it gonna be the same music from the past games and you just replaying them in a different style or how exactly is it gonna go? Also, is it gonna have the music playing all the time? Because you should know and I know that they played it every chance they got except for "dramatic" events, but it got kind of annoying and since this is going to be multiplayer then it could be distracting. Just wanted to know what your plans were if you wished to release any of them.

Years
    Klassic, you should check out the POA site to get a feel for the music and how much better it is =).
    Even though its the same music, it has a totally better sound.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Yeh. i just listened to some POA music from gsc and it is awsome, it is much better quality than the music in the games and it still sounds familiar to the pokemon games. cool :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Well POA's site is currently undergoing a sever move, so it's not possible to view right now :P

Is it gonna be the same music from the past games and you just replaying them in a different style or how exactly is it gonna go? Also, is it gonna have the music playing all the time? Because you should know and I know that they played it every chance they got except for "dramatic" events, but it got kind of annoying and since this is going to be multiplayer then it could be distracting. Just wanted to know what your plans were if you wished to release any of them.

I don't program the engine, but I would hope the music is always playing.

I don't spend anywhere between 2 and 14 hours on each song for a silent game.

And of course it will be from the past games, most to all places will use the same music tracks they've always used :P.

~Mooshykris

Atomic Reactor

im sure CA will include an option to turn the music on or off.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    Cool, was just wondering. No offense, if you did take any on it as you are a creating the music, I just felt it got too repetitive sometimes.

Out of curiosity, what is the POA site? I don't recall seeing it on the first page, but I could have missed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back