• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Hey again can I have an answer please ? I've read through almost all of the posts (and there are a lot...) and I'm constantly tantalized by the amoount of times that people are talking about how great "Olivine city" looks for example, but how come there are no screens ? Or if there are, where are they please ? Also are read Captain Arcane posted a world map a while ago, and no sign of that either... Where have all these screens got to ???
    Thanx in advance for a reply(s) :)
    And once again, great project, I hope it gets finished.

This was before the Captain revamped the graphics. I believe that the maps you are talking about are now undergoing the revamp process.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Okay thanks much for clarifying things, I was confused :s
    Maps look really fantastic by the way ;)

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • I'm constantly tantalized by the amoount of times that people are talking about how great "Olivine city" looks for example, but how come there are no screens ? Or if there are, where are they please ?

you can find a bit of the olvine city map in CA's pokemon the lost world album

Keenus

The Almighty Unown
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    new poster on this thread, but just to say i am excited by this game and eagerly await its release. KUTGW

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • hey, just wandering if hm's such as rockclimb and dive will be used in the kanto reigon (as an exampe) as they were not in the games?? its not really a good question but nobodies posted in a while :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    hey, just wandering if hm's such as rockclimb and dive will be used in the kanto reigon (as an exampe) as they were not in the games?? its not really a good question but nobodies posted in a while :)
    We may choose to include them, we're not really basing our maps off the official maps found in the official games. Take Pallet Town for instance, its HUGE compared to the official Pallet town.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    We may choose to include them, we're not really basing our maps off the official maps found in the official games. Take Pallet Town for instance, its HUGE compared to the official Pallet town.
    As far as I know, our maps are basically based on the anime. With the Captain's imagination to fill in the gaps.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • If you are willing to wait it will be included in the download. Just a suggestion no rudeness intended

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Don't make use of sphere.sourceforge.net the versions there are all way out of date. That site is a relic. spheredev.org is the place to go for all things sphere.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    So Ive been watching this thread for a few days now, reading through the comments looking for all the details of it and well it looks immense and I'm thankful to the development staff for enduring this task.

I just wanted to give my two cents on this magnificent game that is before us.

Firstly Captain Arcane you remind me of myself for one reason, you like to think big (to have something that includes everything, however the difference between us is, you can achieve your goal while I lack the ambition and moreso knowledge to fulfill what i set out to do (I have all the ideas, but cannont turn ideas into reality), So i congratulate you, (And seeing that your only 17) dude you will go along way.

The 4 images that are on the first page are unreal, I love the huge maps, the shout nothing nothing but success at not just me but all those who are like to think outside the box.

Question : On one of the pages of this thread there is an image of Viridian City however the link seems to be broken, If anyone has the image or any others that has been released by Captain Arcane could you please re-upload them as i have yet to see it and would love to.

Anyway im not gonna bug you about release dates / any other of that mumbo jumbo as i can see you get pestered enough. However I am gonna post a few of my many ideas of little things that could add those little touches to them big citys

Shops in General:

In bigger citys there could be several shops in place to make the city more realistic rather than the ol one shop does all. Yes in smaller villages there could be the simple Pokémart. There could even be more than one business in town and a side quest could be help one become the dominate one, (one could be owned by a greedy man and the other (A kind man) the outcome would effect the players game somehow

Medical Locations:

Different Medical items could be bought from your local Pokémart, or a Pharmacy thats potions are that tiny bit more expensive but seem to have a better effect

Pokémon Centres:

Pokemon Centres could be like your picture you posted however maybe i big citys there could be a slighty bigger Centre. In desolate places where there are no Pokemon Centres there could maybe be a medical Guru, A Man/Women that heals travelers.

Bike Shops:

When you get your bike, There could be maybe some sort of customization (not over the top) Just simple things like

Paint respray (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Pink/White/Black)
    Speed upgrade (10%/20%/30%) speed upgrades for the bike, each becoming available during the games progression

Miscellaneous Upgrades:

Bag Upgrades - Player starts out with simple schoolbag later can get A rucksack to carry more

Map Upgrades - Starts out with map later can invest in GPS

Other - Player Starts with Pager, can later invest in Mobile Phone

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have many more ideas but would rather not post them publicly in case you have already thought of them and would not like them spoiled and such

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
  • !!!!! This game is... there's no word for it!!
    Love the huge maps. I can't believe that i am seeing this game for the first time. It is by far the most impressive game on pokecommunity.
    I know that releasing a beta would spoil the fun, but could you at least make an alpha for 1 gym's length.

Good luck Captain Arcane!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    !!!!! This game is... there's no word for it!!
    Love the huge maps. I can't believe that i am seeing this game for the first time. It is by far the most impressive game on pokecommunity.
    I know that releasing a beta would spoil the fun, but could you at least make an alpha for 1 gym's length.

Good luck Captain Arcane!

The only release will be the final version, period :P

~Mooshykris

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back