• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokéradar and Chaining

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never seen evidence that catching the pokemon in the chains increases the likelihood of the chain continuing.

On another note, I did manage to get a Shiny Wurmple, but couldn't get 2 as I made a silly mistake of running into a patch which broke the chain. One thing I'm gonna do now is play the hell out of Platinum, and double chain using 2 DS's. Getting really frustrated because of the chain breaking at awkward times.

Years
  • I've never seen evidence that catching the pokemon in the chains increases the likelihood of the chain continuing.

On another note, I did manage to get a Shiny Wurmple, but couldn't get 2 as I made a silly mistake of running into a patch which broke the chain. One thing I'm gonna do now is play the hell out of Platinum, and double chain using 2 DS's. Getting really frustrated because of the chain breaking at awkward times.

I read it somewhere, reliable source I'd say.
    Also I can confirm from my experience.

How are you planning to chain with 2 DS's?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Penta <3

Well I haven't tried chaining in 4th Gen for a while because I reset my Platinum, like I told you ages ago. I can't really be asked to play through all of it again, but I sure will get that Radar again! First thing I'm going to go for is Beldum. Probably the hardest to chain; but oh well. I want to go for something difficult and get it >:3 A few years ago, I did successfully chain a Nidoran on one of the first routes. Really wanted a Sentret, but sadly never got across to actually chaining it. Hopefully someday I can get my strawberry sweet Furret <3

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Oh I can chain with 2 DS's, I can multitask very well. Probably my first double chain will be with Larvitar on Diamond and Houndour on Platinum. I still haven't gotten any others yet after shiny wurmple.

Back