• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokérus? Without the normal syntax?

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    This was really unexpected but somehow I got the Pokérus. Now I know what you must be thinking. "Yah, yah, lucky guy, ok, who cares, you probably got it from a pokémon you caught". Well, most of the times that may be case. But the interesting thing about this is that I did not catch this from catching any pokémon. I caught it at the Battle Frontier.

Ok, now I know what you're thinking at this point. "I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest of this because he's probably just making this stuff up for something like post count or attention or w/e". Well, after I've been at the Battle Frontier for 2 days straight, not flying to any other town for anything, not battling Smeargles, catching Sudowoodo, or any of that stuff. After I finished a 21 win streak at the battle tower, I shut of my game for the day. The next day, I turned my game back on, and checked my pokémon. Something was different.

My Dragonite, Tyranitar and Metagross were all infected with Pokérus. Now what puzzles me is, if I haven't left the Battle Frontier for the last 2 days, didn't already have a pokémon with Pokérus before this, didn't catch any pokémon, and only battled at the frontier for the past 2 days, how did this happen?

Could this be a glitch in my game? Or am I just that lucky?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    have you been anywhere else besides the battle tower? Maybe Battle Pyramid?

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    that may be a glitch o_O
    Because my noobie cousin played my ruby and was just walking in the building... and then I found a pokerus!

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It isn't a lucky glitch. The chances of an individual official Nintendo cart having a glitch is practically none.

You battled wild pokemon in the Battle Pyramid, hence that is where you got Pokerus.

Great job! ^_^

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
    Hmm..that IS kinda lucky I guess. I think Pokerus was partially designed to help out struggling trainers, here's why I think that:
    Ok, at the point where you had to defeat Cyrus at the Spear Pillar to get to Dialga/Palkia, I was having ALOT of trouble. Cyrus had beaten me atleast twelve times & I was losing hope. Then at try number twelve, I found that all my pokemon had caught Pokerus totally out of the blue! I trained more & it helped alot, I finnaly beat Cyrus on A lucky shot & caught Dialga.
    I've also caught Pokerus on Pkmn Ruby after endless attempts at the E4.
    -------
    I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Pokerus can be obtianed by fighting wild Pokemon. I think Pokerus was designed to simpy help out.
    But hey, i'm no expert, that's how it's been working for me all this time ^^.

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    I still think this was a lucky glitch >.>, and I already know about serebii.net's pokérus factor.

And wouldn't you have to catch a pokémon with pokérus and then put it in your party, fight a couple battles, then you're infected?

Before I shut off my GBA I check my pokémon and they did not have the pokérus. The next day I turn my GBA on to play again, I check my pokémon, and somehow they have the pokérus? What gives?

(I always check my pokémon to see if my brother steals my party pokémon because he likes doing that to me. :@)

Back