• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I like those icycles! Those little icy parts on the corner of the buildings are nice as well. Are you going to be adding more snow on the PC and Mart?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Fangking Omega said:
    And yeah, I intended to rectify the problem with the mart/center :p

Well Daegon, with that said, I would assume the means he is going to.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • maplegrovesnow3id.png

trainstation4pq.png

Just a little update.

EDIT: OMM 42nd post!!!!! :shocked:

Last edited:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Cool pics!
    I really like the snowy Pok?mon center and the mart! Awesome!

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Fang, I couldn't find your answer in any of your replies, but is someone redoing the sprites od the Officer, Kimono Girl, Firebreather, and Snowboader sprites for you?

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
  • I like that you refurbished the Magnet Train Station, but how about refurbishing some of the original tiles from there? Oh, and I would think that if you made the view of it so big, there would be more details, such as a door to a control centre.

Oh, and magnet trains (also known as maglev trains, from magnet and levitate) don't use such tracks. I recommend you do a image search on Google for maglev trains... or just refurbish the GSC tracks. They are fine.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Thanks KARR! I misconstantuated it somewhat, so that was most helpful. Currently in the process of making the track look half decent -_-

Minor update stuff

http://img205.exs.cx/img205/1628/newrain8hq.png
    Current rain effect, a flat overcast colour rather than the cloudy effect. The clouds lead to some major problems with visibility at night and in dark places.

Elderwood City
    Designed by Matt, "cleaned" by myself.

Southern Island
    Note the S.S. Aqua

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    It would be nice to see some NPCs in the first map. Before, I make my opinon on the second map, may I ask if the S.S Aqua is one of those cruise ships or a ship that's owned by someone and you have to gain permission to ride. Also, if that map is where you actually board the ship in the first place, or it's just one of those remote places the ship actually takes you.

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
  • I have for comments, XD.

New rain effect: try making the droplets a bit shorter and darker to suit the rest. Otherwise, nice!
    Elderwood: Too much empty space in the East of it... try putting in something extra in. I'll give you a idea from my game... a playground! Just some of that sand and something around it, that would be great!
    Southern Island: Looks great. I would recommend work on that SS Aqua... it doesn't look so good. Try recolouring the 'logo' thing and putting in more detail...

Okay!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Daegon - You don't see NPCs yet. They're events, and if they were on there you'd just see little white boxes. Aich.... look very closely at the end of the bridge on the lake X.x
    S.S. Aqua's a cruise ship thingy. You get tickets and it takes you to nice places, one of them being Southern Island.
    Southern Island is a remote place.

KARR - Can't change the rain droplets, just the tonal effect on the screen :(
    The S.S. Aqua has the same colouring technique as the S.S. Anne and is basically the same as it was in GSC.... I don't know what more can be done. Any takers for making it look better? :D
    Playground... hmmmm..... I like it :o May I use it then?

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
  • You can use the playground idea.

Oh, and to complete what you were saying above:

---
    FAST SHIP SS AQUA
    Power source: six Devon 6S hydrogen combustion units.
    Water jets: six Astra DF FX.
    Navigation system: Silph GPS AdvanceShip 2.
    Radar: RTe-58J.
    Sonar: Lambda 3D LOPE.
    Length: 200 meters.
    Width: 60 meters.
    Heigth: 60 meters.
    ---

The SS Aqua is a medium distance ship, while the SS Anne is a long distance one. Seagallops are short range ships. In GSC, they used the SS Aqua for regular trips that culd be replaced by a train trip...

That SS Aqua in SS Anne standards... hmmm... doesn't llok like it to me. :/ Sorry. :)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Aich.... you know too much X.x
    More than I to say the least :)

Anyway, there's that pathetic little thing in FRLG that takes you everywhere... come on :o

olbranchtown1oa.png

Olbranch Town, a point of particular interest. The lab of Professor Willow and her house are here, and also the player's house (well, the rival had to come from somewhere O.O). going north puts you on the Myrica Pass to Rhusbay Town, south leads to Elderwood City. An important part of the story will take place here. Very important.

All the city names and some other locations too... just seeing how they sound y'see. It's a lot harder than you'd think to come up with half decent names....

Olbranch Town
    Elderwood City
    Limeburg Forest
    Pinefall City
    Alderford Town
    Mezereon City
    Tanberry City
    Pecanside City
    Taramind Island
    Overlake City
    Longrose Town
    Paloverde City
    Maplegrove City
    Rhusbay Town
    Greatvine Mountain
    Larix Cave
    Mt. Miasma
    Myrica Pass
    Ice Island
    Lightning Island
    Fire Island
    Tyridan Island
    Attack Academy (courtesy of King Shuckle)
    Tri Tunnel (courtesy of King Shuckle)
    Fortune Island

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
  • The pathetic little thingie is the Seagallop Hi-Speed, and I like the combination of the buildings you made for the lab. Have you thought of making new designs for the lone stones? I think that would be great!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • How do you know all this stuff? X.x

Anyway, if you want new rock designs... yeah, I think I'll do some eventually.

Back