• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Advanced

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Pok?mon Advanced

Welcome to the official "Pok?mon Advanced" game thread.

Featured in this thread is:
:pokeball: The Story behind the game.
:pokeball: The games Special Features.
:pokeball: Some Screenshots from the game.
:pokeball: Updated game Progress.
:pokeball: General talk about the game and rm2k/3
------
:::::: Story :::...
The game Pokemon Advanced Will consist of 4 different Islands. One will be covered
with water [Aquapollis], One will be a Desert [Desapollis], One will be like a Jungle [Saffari Isle]
and One will be a normal Island [Normal Isle?]. The 4 Islands will then combine to create
the region of Tabu [Temperory Name]. You start off in a small village on the outskirts of Normal Isle.
A local Pokemon Breeder breeder gives you your first Pokemon Eevee as a birthday present.
You and you new companion set out on a great Adventure to beat each of the Pre-League Gyms.
Each Island has a Pre-League Gym, that you will have to beat in order to enter the Pokemon League.
To obtain new pokemon you will need to untertake special sidequests, where you may have to retrieve
a lost pokemon for someone, or do battle with the evil Team Rocket, and restore peace to a village.
------
:::::: Islands :::...

table.png

------
::: Special Features :::...
:pokeball: A New region to be explored :pokeball:
:pokeball: All New Pre-League Gyms to face :pokeball:
:pokeball: New Light and Dark Stones to evolve your eevee :pokeball:
:pokeball: Saffari Zone is back :pokeball:
------
:::::: Screenshots :::...

For more screens visit the Pokemon Advanced Website
------
:::::: Game Progress :::...
progresscard.png

------​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2005
I like the second one more :) Cause it has more detail and it brings the pok?mon feel. The first one is too empty.

Years
I like them both, but you should try to steer away from those charasets. The original charasets look much better, also you probably won't be able to fit through doors if you are using the F/R L/G chipsets. Just letting you know

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The first one's graphics are more modern, but I personally prefer the r/s graphics.

And yeah, I'm changing to the official charsets for my game 'cause of the door issue :dead:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Looks great! I like the layout of the town.
To look at the whole town without the grid, click on the dotted square button.
That isn't its primary function, but it does just that.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
@ Krazy Meerkat - I would like to use the origional ones, but the ones that I made do not work properly so do you know where I could download some?

Thanks for the praise guys, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
Lt. Surge said:
Also I would like to use the origional ones, but the ones that I made do not work properly so do you know where I could download some?
Looks very nice so far, and what do you mean you would like some original ones of? charsets?
You should read the RM2k resource thread i posted up a Gary sprite and there should be some other official ones in there..

one question though, where did you get your fire red chipsets? :dead:

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
@ Avatar - well some i made my self, and the rest were from pokemon lunar [darkmage's game]

Last edited:
Years
Lt. Surge said:
well some i made my self, and the rest were from pokemon lunar [darkmage's game]

Ah i see, well i was just wondering since its hard to get FR/LG chipsets

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Ok, I just want to let you all know that I am now uploading screenshots of my game to my website which is www.freewebs.com/pkadvanced.

please feel free to visit the site, and post what you think of the game here.

thanks

EDIT: Problem uploading images

Last edited:

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Yeah, I tried to yesterday, but for sum reason it didn't work, so I will try again later

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Update

Ok, yesterday I had a little problem with uploading the screen shots, but now that is fixed. So far I have added 4 new screen shots of the game, so if you want to see them, then go to my website at "click here"

Any way, I got a little bored with the project, so I took a little break, and hopfully I will start working on it again this weekend.

Also I hope to get some character sets and chipsets up on the site next week, along with some new screens of the game.

p.s If any of you have a "working" fr/lg ash char set then could you plz tell me where to get it as mine does not work!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
You can recolor rm2k3kids. That should work.

Great screens! And thanks for using my system set! Just one thing, you spelled "You're" wrong. "Ash, your here" should be "Ash, you're here."
lol :D watch those hominyms!

Years
looks good... i wanna test it out whens its ready
EDIT:
here is the brendan and ash

Last edited:

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Well actually I will start working on it this weekend, and I am hoping to get the battle system sorted first, so that could take a while. I am also going to be working on the menu system, so I am not expecting to release a demo anytime soon as in about 2 weeks time I have my R.E and English G.C.S.Es, and my mom is forcing me to revise starting next week!

So, I think I will just do some easy 1 or 2 hour sessions of the game, because I don't want to rush it, and mess it up.

Oh and Imakuni the char sets you posted are not loading for me, but thanks anyway for posting them.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Update

Ok, today I have done some some more work on the game, here is how the game is progressing:

Intro - 95%
Maps - 5%
CMS - 0%
CBS - 20%
Storyline 3%

So far in my game I have finished the Oak intro [I may add some things later in the game's progress], and I am upto where you get your first pokemon [evee] and then battle gary who uses a growlithe. I will continue doing work on the game later and tomorrow, and hopefully I will be up to the first gym, and will have made some progress with the battle system. I am not really to bothered with the menu system, so I will do that later on.

Maybe if I have enough time tomorrow, I will update the website with more screenies and put some downloads on there.

anyway thats all for now, and feel free to post and let me know what you think of the game so far.

Back