• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon: Kanto Challenge

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
Years
  • Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, but I figured this would go here since the whole comic is sprite based. Anywho, this is so far my first Pok?mon comic. I've done other sprite comics before, but this would be the first Pok?mon based series I've worked on. I have a script all written out for the Kanto region and intend to take this on to the Johto, Hoenn and Orre regions as well. But right now, Kanto comes first.

Kanto Challenge #001
    Kanto Challenge #002
    Kanto Challenge #003

Abit of some background info, for those interested. This series takes place during the time Red is the Champion and is residing in Johto and Green has become the Gym Leader of Viridian City. My character, Raven, has put off for being a trainer for a few years to study and get to know the tricks of the trade better by watching battles on TV, looking up information and so forth. He decided to become a trainer at the age of 13 after feeling he was ready to go on his own.

Raven does not have the same goals as most trainers would, wanting to be the world's #1 Pok?mon Master. Instead, Raven chooses to be the best he can and wishes to travel the world to capture Pok?mon and to learn more about them and befriend them. Not to mention, he chooses to be somewhat of a trainer/breeder.

Because this takes place during the Johto era, I've decided to bring in Johto region Pok?mon every once in awhile (but not too often) and am going to introduce Gold, Silver and Crystal eventually. As well as Red. But for now, enjoy where this is going and tell me what you all think of it. I intend to update the comic weekly so that I have enough time to do it, rather than try to update daily.

And in case anyone's confused about a few things:
    1) The pannels are read from left to right, top to bottom.
    2) I might accept some people for cameo appearances, but usually only if their character is a person or an ACTUAL Pok?mon. I won't accept any sprites that lack effort, especially obvious recolors. And sorry, but I'm not putting in any made up Pok?mon. >_>;

Enjoy and tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
  • Nice! 10/10! When is 4 out?
    And could I be a Cyndquil named Cynda, catched by Raven at lvl 5? :) (Oh, maybe there is'nt any lvls in the comic... XD )

Jhotos_Power

Chaos itself
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    im sry raven but this has to be hard on u about what im about to say.......there great!

Back