• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pok?mon Mithril!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraYamato

Sumyungai
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I personally think they are all ugly and not well done, expecially the first which is colored very poorly. But anyway, I've got some overworld sprites for xeno when he gets online for the trainers, prof, and rival.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    budgie_boy did you make those sprites yourself? i could've sworn i've seen that second one somewhere before... if its not your work you should give credit where credit is deserved...

anyways this hack looks really good, really good indeed... the way it's gone so far it looks like its gonna be ridiculously good :D

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    they appear to be recolors. Try and do some actual tweaking of pixels atleast. Maby do a merge of people or something more than just a recolor.

Sprites should look more original, if possible. Try to avoid using an identical pose as an existing sprite. If you want to recolor, try and re-pose too. Just tips from a fellow sprite who recently learned how to do a good job (well... look at my avvie and decide for yourself, saying im good sounds kindsa cheesy... tho you do have to agree, i am better than before)

One thing you have going for you is when you said you wont give up. That itself is more important than any amout of skill, even the best of the best get frustrated (maby?) and if they gave up, where would there skill take them

<end motovational crap>
    <start annoying firemaster crap>
    rock on ladiez!!!!
    -firemaster the insane

Xeno Scizor

Omegaration.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    KY, just ost them here, so everyone can expirience them ^^

Yep, FM is right :P

----

Great news guys, i gor rid of the evil 1F on the labels! ^^, and the connection probleme is solved as well. I'll show you guys a big Route A pic soon ;)

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    KY...please pick ur gym leader!!!!!!! We don't have forever ya know?

<zombieish>
    Want...to...see...srceenshots............
    </zombieish>

I have a feeling that my posts are ignored by most people...

EDIT:
    Xeno: None of the people I PM'ed other than Dark_E have replied. Should I PM them a time limit of another 7 days? Because most people (no offence anyone) seem to register, then once they've been confirmed, they go away and it's really hard to contact them.

Last edited:

Xeno Scizor

Omegaration.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    If they don't apply in 7 weeks as of tomorrow, their spots are open.. i think that's fair.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    I'll Do better....

The first was actually done by me, but I used a part the cape from another sprite and that's all.
    The others are actually just a few tweaks of some of the old sprites.
    I can't find my newest ones but will look again today, They're a bit better than these. :nervous:
    I done these ones ages ago how could I change the first one to make it better?

Last edited:

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    change his pose for a start, then change the clothes' pattern a bit

Xeno: not rushing u or anything, but how much have u done in Mithril?...like...up to where and how much %?

Budgie_boy

Years
    Is this better

Sorry han but I like the pattern too much. But I did change the pose and make it a bit less brilliant (Meaning Bright).

Is this any better?

EDIT: He also has baggy trousers now. But I cant get straps and stuff in.

Xeno Scizor

Omegaration.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    Han-Wen, i ment 7 days...

Mithril is still 1.3%, i'm not rushing, Route A pics are Coming this weekend.

Budgie_boy, better but still not good, the colorign and shading need work, and edit the face too.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I'm done with all most every but... i don't know how to make an overworld sprite plz help me or pm me

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    IN BIG RED TEXT SO THEY WILL READ IT.
    IF YOU HAVEN'T RE-REGISTERED, PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE:

SATURDAY 18 DECEMBER 2004

OTHERWISE YOR SPACE WILL BE OPEN AGAIN

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 5, 2005
    Ok, I can't make overworld sprites, don't ask... Im just no good. So can someone do one for me? I've attached the battle sprite. I also need the list of pokemon, I already post the sayings, but i'll edit this post in a few minutes with it again. Oh yeah, and the leaders name is Bryan Brat or just Bryan, whatever you prefer.

Edit: OK, here ya go-

Before battle: Hah! You beat me? Im god, their is no way you could expect to beat me! I feel sorry for your pokemon.

Win: What did I tell you kid? GOD! Now get out'a my site.

Lose: Heh, ummm.... I just let you win, I felt bad for your pokemon. What?! No I didn't we..... I JUST SPILT WATER ON MYSELF!!! Now leave me alone, if you go I'll give you this TM.

After: I said leave...

Xeno Scizor

Omegaration.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    Bryan Brat, Please post full everything including type and Pok?mon i let you choose from. And your sprite needs a bit work, it looks shrunk and a bit blended into echother. =/

Budgie_boy

Years
    Could I?

Once I have a much better sprite could I take a free space if no-one registers?

Just working on the sprite (YET again) shading, editing the face, trying to make you all like it, etc.

This is what I've changed so far:
    1. Made light come from the left hand side of the screen by shading more of the right.
    2. Made the shading more realistic by using as many different shades as possible.
    3. Changed the face to make him more angry looking.
    4. Shaded the face a little more to show more emphasis on light from the left hand side.

EDIT: here's the changed me...

Last edited:

Xeno Scizor

Omegaration.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    Dark_E, choose 5 of any Grass Pok?mon, fully evolved, no Starters and no Legendaries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back