• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    The hard part is the battle system, but I have it all planned as I said and holidays are near, so if I don't go away for the 2 holiday weeks then I can stay at home and make it. The part with stealing pokemon, etc is not that hard at all :\

--EDIT1--

I had another idea that will be quite simple to make after the battlesystem is ready.
    There will be a bunch of cities where there'S a place reserved to build a Gym, when you finish your game and become a pokemon master and your bored you have two options, either go to the Elite 4 for free, sit there and wait for random trainers to battle you (remember your a master :P) or you can go to one of these towns and buy a Gym, then you can go inside the gym, choose your pokemon type (you know, fire, water, etc or maybe even "only shiny" or "only dark" or even random types (you just use your normal team)) and then random trainers will come in, they normally will have one or two pokemon that are effecient against your type and their pokemon levels will be around the average of all of yours so that they can have a chance against you :P

Now, I know you're thinking "this guy has a lot of ideas but it is gonna be hard as hell to make that" you're wrong, the battle system is the main part, then creating random battles, etc is pretty easy :P

just so that you know CBS and CMS are the hardest things u ever get to make for a pokemon game, then you have mapping and events/triggers, etc that are not hard but take time ;)

so just give your opinion on both ideas (the one of being good/bad and the one of having your own gym/working at elite 4.

considering you can be those things I could later add more jobs like working part time at a pokemon center :D, be a cop :S, a thief, work at the daycare center, pokemon training (people lend you their pokemons so you can train them and then they pay you for it), etc

if you would like to see a job give ideas cause jobs and the decisions you take are gonna play a big role on this game. :)

Years
    hey man i like the buy a gym idea. but just sitting there in a gym waiting for chalanges sounds crap. make it more interesting then waiting for ppl. but it sounds awesome. keep it up!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    lil update o_O

I added the 20 frame option thingy that is available on emerald, so now if you go to options you can select the kind of frame you want for the menus, etc

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    even though the stupid computer won't let me see the maps (bashes computer) from what i heared form other people this MUST rock!!!!

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    What i keep running into, is that 90% of the tuts i find are just about using it on a webpage...

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    well, the ones I read talk about using it on a page, but I can clearly see what only works on a webpage and what works everywhere else. Anyways, due to copyright laws I won't put the link here but if anyone interested in tutorials (big ones, one of the ruby ones gets to around 2710 pages o_o) just add me to msn: [email protected]

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    ****, if anyone knows where I can allocate about 250MB of tutorials and stuff, with no bandwidth limit and for free then tell me XD

now, back on topic. All 20 frames configured and a bunch of new font colors and fonts added, here go the 20 frame pics and an example with colors :P

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

gibslpsg

Master Mapper
    Years
    Hey ur game looks absolutley great. Cant wait for a demo.

Also I've been trying to learn sphere but I cant seem to find any pokemon tilesets. Have any idea where I can get some?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Just convert the RM2k ones...you need to get the latest sphere dlls and binaries somewhere at: sphere.sf.net/flik

Back