• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pok?mon: Professor Oak's Back Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
  • Pokémon: Professor Oak's Back Up

Pokemon: Professor Oak's Back-Up

Hack of: FireRed 1.0 (U)
    Rom Base: MrDollSteak's Attack and Decap Base

Story

"Pokémon: Oak's Back-up"

Since the dawn of Pokémon games, our journies have begun with the wise words of a Pokémon Professor. And, in each Pokémon laboratory, there are a team of scientists, hard at work, assisting these Professors in their research; the Aides!

In 'Pokémon: Oak's Back-Up', play as Aidan, a promising young scientist with a passion for Pokémon. with no Pokémon of his own, Aidan follows the path of Pokémon research, rather than Training.
    One day, while hard at work in Professor Oak's Lab in Pallet Town, the Prof. himself approaches Aidan with a request. Another of Oak's Aides, Adrienne, has been away on a job, and it is taking her longer than expected to return. No need to worry; Adrienne's relaxed attitude is constantly getting her in trouble at the Lab. Nevertheless, Oak would like for Aidan to travel to the Sevii Islands to fetch Adrienne and return home, to get back to work.

Choose from one of three special Starter Pokémon from the Sinnoh region, and embark on a brand new adventure through the Sevii Islands!

For those of you who are interested in a timeline, Pokémon: Oak's Back-Up takes place two (2) years after GSC/HGSS, thus five (5) years after RBY/FRLG, when the Sevii Islands were first introduced.

Features

New Story
    4th Gen Pokemon
    Physical/Special Split
    Fairy-Type
    New Moves
    New Abilities
    Decapitalisation
    New Tiles
    Plenty of Easter Eggs!

Screenshots

Dj4Hkzo.png
    wJZqklk.png
    weJLsEI.png
    screenshots_zpswoclmut2.png

Videos

Spoiler:

The Team

giradialkia
    Sniper
    Slowpoke13
    Navenatox
    BlackStorm20x

Downloads

Version 1
    Mirror

Notes

Points of note:

- This hack differs from other Pokémon games you've played. You do not collect badges, you do not strive to fill the Pokédex, you do not challenge the Pokémon League. You are playing the specific role of Aidan, a young scientist working under Professor Oak. Play the game to find out more!

- Aidan and Adrienne use Brendan and May's sprites. Yes, we know. Ideally, they'd have their own designs, but time was a factor (not to mention spriting abilities). Some day, we will update with new sprites, but for now, try to look past the character sprites.
    (The owner of the Two Island Game Corner notes that Adrienne wears a white coat – she will, at some point!)

- When you capture a Pokémon, and already have a party of 6, there is no message for sending that Pokémon to the box. This is more noticeable when you nickname that Pokémon – a blank text-box appears. Not game breaking, just a little jarring. We imagine it's something to do with JPAN's base, and are looking into it.
    - On the topic of capturing Pokémon, make sure to explore a route thoroughly. It might be a while before you get to revisit.

:]

Years
  • I've been a part of the pokecommunity for quite a while now, and I've always noticed your presence in the forums. I'm pretty excited to see you in the hacking scene now! I like your mix of the FR/LG tiles with the nice touch ups and additions like the better grass, flowers, and the tropical trees. Those few things make such a difference. The story seems really unique, and not having the badge system opens up even more possibilities!

Keep up the good work!

-BLACKOUT

Years
  • I have completed this game. Nice story but very small, the game ended when it started to become interesting. :/

Years
  • This is a really fun idea. I like these kinds of hacks that take an alternative approach.

I agree with Blackout, the new tiles really do make the difference. I'm glad that this game keeps the FRLG style.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • I've been a part of the pokecommunity for quite a while now, and I've always noticed your presence in the forums. I'm pretty excited to see you in the hacking scene now! I like your mix of the FR/LG tiles with the nice touch ups and additions like the better grass, flowers, and the tropical trees. Those few things make such a difference. The story seems really unique, and not having the badge system opens up even more possibilities!

Keep up the good work!

-BLACKOUT

Thank you! :D

I have completed this game. Nice story but very small, the game ended when it started to become interesting. :/

Sorry! >_> Don't worry though, more will be added soon! :)

This is a really fun idea. I like these kinds of hacks that take an alternative approach.

I agree with Blackout, the new tiles really do make the difference. I'm glad that this game keeps the FRLG style.

Thank you! :)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Please don't revive old threads, check the rules on revival dates if you're unsure!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back