• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pok?mon Professors of Pokemon Community -

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • I'd like to be the Prof of battle techniques, if that's okay.

It is determined that there are what could be considered ultimate techniques for certain types. These techniques, when used properly,. almost always ko's the opponent. These moves are Earthquake:ground. Fire Blast: Fire. Solar Beam: grass. Thunder: electric. And a debate amongst Ice beam and Blizzard for Ice. Research will determine which is stronger. I'm also trying to determine with sky attack has enough strength to be determined as the ultimate move for flying types.

Pok?monTrainerKinkoBlast

Pok?mon Tracker Developer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 1, 2005
    Iveechan said:
    It was discovered the other day that no matter what, when you pick up a Pichu egg at the daycare center, it is at the second stage to developement (that is, when it begins movement inside). This may be just me, I'd like to know if this phenomenon happens to other breeders. This may have to do with Pichu's hyperative nature, or maybe the parents give the vulnerable egg an extra "charge" for protection.

Also, forgot to note, when you breed Pokemon of different species, it takes longer for them to produce an egg than if they were the same. Maybe this has to do with the pair trying to figure out how to mate (like an Arbok with a Torchic o__O)
    The "Pichu Purplexer" hapens for me too! i think it is from the electric charges that always result when Pikachu gather. Speaking of which, does the same thing happen with other electric pokemon? what about two difrent types of electrics? ill have to look into that.
    *I looked into it, starting with Leader Wattson of the Mauville, Hoenn pok?mon gym, a leading expert on electric pok?mon. He gave me some information about New Mauville, the underground city project that was cancled due to lack of funds. The generator had been on the fritz, so he had a young trainer go down and shut it down. Later he recoverd the computer logs of the generator, and he gave me a copy for analyses and a key to NM, due too the high concentration of electric pok?mon. a quick poke around downstairs, a quick lookover of the logs, and some anayleses useing 2 pikachu from the safari zone, a pichu i hatched, and some "samples" of the pok?mon from New M., (and my trusty pal, Jirachi, as assistence incase they got out of hand and a steel pok?mon to use as a part of anylyss(with his consent!)) i have cuncluded yes to both questions. The fluctuations arise from the small discharges El-PKMN make all throgh the day interacting. I also discoverd that the magnetic field of magnimite has some effect on the shape of the fluctuations. i wonder if this could be put to use?--Log entry 693*
    (I'm the Pok?mon Professor of Whatever :laugh: ok, i'm more like an assistent)
    **EDIT** I fixed a spelling error that buged me and addid some stuff(additions marked with stars)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i will do
    light type eevee
    pre of snorlax and onix
    pre of chansey

let a female rival battle a girl trainer too

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • PokemonAvenger said:
    I'll be Prof. of Battle Techniques. If position is taken tell me.
    Sorry, P. A.,
    Taken already.

Research provided by a concerned community member has rescently provided more possible "Killer" moves for the flying types, which will require further consideration. Also, it has proven that grass types such as Seedot can learn powerful water moves lke Hydro Pump. This has been proven, thanks to a trainer in the Phenac City Colloseum. research is being done to determine whether or not this can be accomplished in the Hoenn Region.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Iveechan,
    I'm sorry to ask you, but, did you just made some of the information up?
    There are quite a lot difference with the cheats and secret of my alliance.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • jynx said:
    Iveechan,
    I'm sorry to ask you, but, did you just made some of the information up?
    There are quite a lot difference with the cheats and secret of my alliance.

I had to make up some of the theories, yes. The only time we see Pokemon breed in the game is in the daycare center, which is a special facility. I imagine Pokemon breeding to be much more different in the wild. I don't quite understand your last sentence though o.o.

Concerning breeding in the Advance age, there doesn't seem to be any connection between the natured of the parents and the offspring. The offspring's nature seems to be totally random.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • (since most of the positions have been taken)
    Um, haha, oh great pokegods of knowledge...(LOL, lets not get into that debate!)
    Could I (making up a new title) be the professor of Plant type pokemon? As in, Plant types in the anime, all games, their stats and all that. :D

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • I will be Professer of Gadgets and Gizmos, how they do the technological machines in the Pokemon anime and possibly games.

Pokeball Theory:

Pok?mon are 96% pure energy. The energy is capable of converting the 4% of matter into another type of energy. However, by default this won't happen naturally.

Apricorns. Those nut-like things people made Pok?balls out of in ancient times. The inside of an Apricorn's shell contains "black holes" for energy - they suck it in and won't let it go. I've decided to call those "black holes" energy drainers just for convenience. Different types of Apricorns contain different kinds of energy drainers which suck in different types of energy - usually some form which is dominant in some Pok?mon and not others (such as Water Pok?mon, fast Pok?mon, heavy Pok?mon, etc.). All Pok?mon contain all types of energy, though, and so do humans. This means that short-term effects of being too near Apricorns include headaches and tiredness, and the long-term effects permanently affect the subject's health.

However, since Pok?mon are 96% energy, touching an Apricorn will result in being sucked in for a Pok?mon. Only a very strong Pok?mon can break the shell of an Apricorn once inside it, unless the shell is cracked open from the outside. The Apricorn's shell is very strong so cracking it open at all will require a lot of strength, though.

Ball makers like for example Kurt have special tools for that. They open the Apricorns, hollow them out (the energy drainers are in the inside of the shell and still covered with a glossy substance which prevents a Pok?mon from being divided between the energy drainers and never getting out) and then close them with hinges that will, as regular Pok?balls, open upon harsh impact with the ground (hence the need to throw the balls instead of just dropping them) or touching something that has enough energy in it to possibly be a Pok?mon (which caused Ash to catch a rice ball once; I mean, something they only eat twice a month or something has got to contain a lot of energy). The holes in the Apricorn's shell are also filled in, making the Apricorn balls harmless to trainers carrying them. This, of course, greatly increases a Pok?mon's chance to escape from the ball.

In a normal Pok?ball, different types of energy drainers have been put behind a few mirrors. The mirrors work like the glossy inside of an Apricorn's shell, reflecting the Pok?mon so that it doesn't get divided between the energy drainers. They have different types so that the ball will have an equal chance of catching all Pok?mon.

Lastly, a Pok?mon inside a Pok?ball is put into a virtual reality rather like The Matrix, except that it's just one room. The fancier the ball is, the better the room looks, with Luxury ball looking the best.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Can I be the Professor of Pokedex Knowledge? I know a huge amount, having been playing the games since Blue and Red came out :-)

Iveechan said:
    -The origin of the male-only Pokemon, the Hitmon, is still a mystery. They are the only male-only Pokemon who lack female counterparts.

Actually, not quite true. Eevee is also a male-only species without a female counterpart.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    hmm...

I wanna be a proffeser of somthing, but im pants at it alll lol, can you make one for old pokemon, im good at imfomation about the first genreation, not so good with the new genrations lol, But i Know alot of battling imfomation for the oldpokemon, and am good with knowing wich is good against who etc!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Alright, here's a more updated and consolidated System of doing the Professors. Each profession will need at least four professors, and they will be color coded to avoid confusion. You can only be professor of one thing, however if there is a 'free' job, you may switch professions. Remember, try to gather as much information as possible and don't steal anyone's work! If someone asks what color professor you are, give them your color, and not your field.

Professors of Anime
    4 Positions

Professors of Manga
    5 Positions* (* Since Manga is an easier, yet faster concept, more people will be welcomed)

Professors of Video Games(or anything in this nature)
    Unlimited Positions

Professors of Other Subjects
    5 Positions

Professors of Pokemon World Daily Life
    7 Positions

Please, the first part of this post until you get it, just to clear confusion.

Back