• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pok?mon Solar White - All New Hack!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Solar white

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pok?mon Ruby

.:: Introduction ::.
    This is a new hack (my first hack) and it's a work in progress (obviously) but it features some pretty cools stuff. I need a spriter to help out though please? (You have to tell me what the sprite replaces and PLEASE keep it with the same pallette. No recolours please just FakeMon). Well, lets rock and roll! Ladies and gentlemen... I present you... Pokemon Solar White!

.:: Story ::.
    You play as either a boy or a girl in a world dominated by an evil team - Team Ice. Team Ice are trying to freeze the oceans and cover the land in ice. They like Pokemon like Glalie and are going to take over the world if you don't stop them. You have just turned 12 and have been given a Pokemon Trainer licence. The local professor is out studying when he/she is attacked by a wild Pokemon. In their bag are 3 Poke Balls. Each contains a dragon baby (Larvitar, Dratini and Bagon). You pick up a ball and get ready for your first battle. After recuing the professor, he/she (not decided yet) lets you keep the dragon. They trust you and only you to raise the dragon as they are incredibly powerful and you are very good with Pokemon. Setting out from Southern Town, you embark on your journey to save the world, and stop Team Ice.

.:: Features ::.
    All new region - Niko
    New Maps
    (Possibly) New Pokemon
    New trainers
    Different gym leaders and/or battles
    Harder gameplay
    and much, much more

.:: Team ::.
    All-around hacker: Me
    Scripter: Needed
    Spriters: Nomaiya, pokehunter56
    Beta Testers: c123

.:: Screenshots ::.

Pok?mon Solar White - All New Hack!

Last edited:

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    Sounds good! I'll help with the spriting, if you want. I'll try and find an example of my work. *Goes to examine files*
    .:EDIT:.
    Found one! I've done better, but they are all saved to my old computer.View attachment 28413
    Does anyone know a better way to save them? It looks awful now..

Last edited:

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Nomaiya said:
    Sounds good! I'll help with the spriting, if you want. I'll try and find an example of my work. *Goes to examine files*
    .:EDIT:.
    Found one! I've done better, but they are all saved to my old computer.View attachment 28413
    Does anyone know a better way to save them? It looks awful now..

When saving them, save them as .png.

That way, it's smaller in size, and it contians all the pixels unchanged :P

pokehunter56

custom spriter
    Years
    if you want i can help on the spriting to. heres a sample of a pokemon sprite i did.
    , and heres a trainer sprite too
    . hope you like them enough tp let me help.

oh Nomaiya are you saveing them as png's?

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    sligkid said:
    .:: Screenshots ::.

Um yeah... you know the funny thing about this screen is that it is the exact replica of my map in Forest Nature. And you can't say you made it since I redid the whole Ruby Map for this route completly with my creativity so um... yeah. I suggest you change the map.
    Want prove?
    I just took a shot of the map:

The only difference is the treese but besides that the concept is the same which kinda makes me hard to belive someone would copy an existing map from another hack...
    Anyways if you played my FN beta you can see the same map.
    So yeah... >.<

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    update

hmm i havent played ur fn beta yet but hey interesting ill change the map soon my friend told me he made it (arh i h8 it when ppl ly)... Nomaiya and c123 ur on the team! ill update the first post and if u can do fusions or fakemon either'll do (like ur sprite is awesum) yes im going to try and go for gold and nominate for 2006 hack of the year :) in newbie hacker category coz this is my frist hack u see... ill upload a new screenie of the new route 101 here it is and also heres my new oldale btw in elitemap most of the time when i save it then play my game it turns into a mix of weird tiles - can anyone tell me why this happens? anyway sweeties *cough - jeremy - cough* ok XD lol anyways *pokes attachments*

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    pokehunter56 ur on the team too and kobre i looked up fn and wow its got some amazing maps in it do u wannta join the team as a mapper? btw i am accepting positions as gym leaders! please include: overworld sprite,name, sprite, pokemon and levels. does anyone know the ruby offset for the gym badges? btw PLEASE make sure that your sprite matches the pallettes for the gym leader you are replacing.

GYM 1: -
    GYM 2: Me
    GYM 3: -
    GYM 4: -
    GYM 5: -
    GYM 6: -
    GYM 7: -
    GYM 8: -

ELITE 1: -
    ELITE 2: -
    ELITE 3: -
    CHAMPION: -

Last edited:

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Yeah it is the same thing with the exception he added grassy area in the second screen you showed.

And i'd be thankfull if you used your own creativity next time.

pokehunter56

custom spriter
    Years
    ok lots of stuff flying around. **** theres alot of accusations. just kidding. sslig kid said he was going to change the maps,Kobre he said sorry, his friend said he made them. but obviously he lyd. so please drop it. no harm done...

oh and slig, i'll pm my Aim screenname.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    thnks pokehunter (btw NEVER use a tool called 'pet' it is a battle editing tool when u say for istance u want brawlys sprite to be wattson and his pkmns atatcks to be hyper been and ember u get sumthing like brawly sprite is battle girl and tatacks are like tackle and acid or sometihng like that get wat i mean) btw anyone like the beta

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    Cool! I'm on the team! Yeah, I was saving them as .PNG, as I could'nt find another way to save it. I made a forum so we could discuss the hack there. I'll put a link in my sig.

Smouvy

Da Games Hacker
    Years
    sligkid said:
    thnks pokehunter (btw NEVER use a tool called 'pet' it is a battle editing tool when u say for istance u want brawlys sprite to be wattson and his pkmns atatcks to be hyper been and ember u get sumthing like brawly sprite is battle girl and tatacks are like tackle and acid or sometihng like that get wat i mean) btw anyone like the beta
    Then, what tool you use for that?

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    update

T.T i said what tool it was (its pet) anyways... tyrantiar is working on some killer sprites wanna see one? here it is (see attachemnts) tis an evo of lapras (note the backpic is of the shiny) an when i manage to put it in the game tis gunna be killah heres attachment (tis calles seahyd)

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    Hey can I help you guys with spriting I really need something to do :D I can do trainers, fusions, recolours, and Brand new pokemon ill post some of my work. (If you want to use any if you hire me :D just ask)

Back