• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pok?mon Zirconia

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    I made some trainer sprites. One of them is a recolour of Gary, so he looks more like the one on the TV instead, What do you think?
    View attachment 28606 Argh! They have gone all fuzzy! They look better when you click on the link though...

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Nomaiya said:
    I made some trainer sprites. One of them is a recolour of Gary, so he looks more like the one on the TV instead, What do you think?
    View attachment 28606 Argh! They have gone all fuzzy! They look better when you click on the link though...

I think they're good. I may have a use for them later...

Do you know how to edit sprites using TPL? Because I can't seem to find any info on where to find Birch's sprite and edit it on TPL.

Oh yeah, I made the sprite of the Hero's brother. And he will be replacing the ruby hero's dad. However, we STILL need help for inserting, and overworld sprite-making.

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    TPL? What the hell is that? MS Paint rules! LOL. No, sorry. But I might be able to find Birch's sprite...

.:EDIT:. Got them.View attachment 28609

You might have to paste them onto paint so that you can see them clearly.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Nomaiya said:
    TPL? What the hell is that? MS Paint rules! LOL. No, sorry. But I might be able to find Birch's sprite...

.:EDIT:. Got them.View attachment 28609

You might have to paste them onto paint so that you can see them clearly.

I meant TLP, Tile Layer Pro. You can't edit Birch's sprite with MS Paint because it's uncompressed.

EDIT:
    Made two more volutions for Eevee. The leaf one, Syntheon will be evolved using a Leaf Stone. The rock one, Graneon is Eevee's definate evolution at level 36. So if you look at it this way, all of Eevee's evos are nearly all the PKMN types. So this woud also mean great variety, so I could put Eevee as a starter. So far the starters are Marrill, Vulpix & Cacnea.

Last edited:

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
    This looks very good, I wish I could help because I love making overworlds...but my computer is a bit weird now and it won't let me get on Paint Shop Pro. I'll post sprites of the hero's brother when I can.
    EDIT: I can edit the story for you, just PM me with details of what to make each character say but, again my computer is acting up so I can't do it right now.

Last edited:

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Tanka EX said:
    This looks very good, I wish I could help because I love making overworlds...but my computer is a bit weird now and it won't let me get on Paint Shop Pro. I'll post sprites of the hero's brother when I can.
    EDIT: I can edit the story for you, just PM me with details of what to make each character say but, again my computer is acting up so I can't do it right now.

Awewsome, could you find a way to get the overworlds sprite in? Cos I could send you the .ips file and you could insert them. The story, would you be able to alter it's course, instead of just changing around the text?

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
    You mean event editing? Nope I can just change every bit of text, by the way I found Poketext so now I can start the text editing whenever you want.
    I can insert the overworlds if they're the same pallete as the originals and i can sprite other things like the bags, the truck, pokemon and in general everything but tilesets. *triamphant pose* The only thing i ask in return is a cameo as a person on one of the sevii islands. It would be cool to have an island full of everyone who helped out... gotta use that when I make a hack.

Last edited:

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Tanka EX said:
    You mean event editing? Nope I can just change every bit of text, by the way I found Poketext so now I can start the text editing whenever you want.
    I can insert the overworlds if they're the same pallete as the originals and i can sprite other things like the bags, the truck, pokemon and in general everything but tilesets. *triamphant pose* The only thing i ask in return is a cameo as a person on one of the sevii islands. It would be cool to have an island full of everyone who helped out... gotta use that when I make a hack.

>_< There is no Sevii Island. This is a hack of Ruby =P. But I'll take that as a compliment :D

You can have a cameo, you could replace Steven in the plot.

Would you be able to redesign the truck the player comes in at the start? It'd have to be like, a car. If you could do that and insert it, I'd be able to change the area he's in at the beginning to a car area.

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    Wow. A car! That would look brilliant! But wouldnt oyu have to change the start screen too, when the hero is in the back of the truck? That would take a lot of work. I like the idea of the island. Maybe you could use that island the one with loads of trainers on it and a little house. Does anyone know what Island I mean?

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Nomaiya said:
    Wow. A car! That would look brilliant! But wouldnt oyu have to change the start screen too, when the hero is in the back of the truck? That would take a lot of work. I like the idea of the island. Maybe you could use that island the one with loads of trainers on it and a little house. Does anyone know what Island I mean?

Which Sevii Island is it?

Plus yeah, I'm trying to redesign the map for the back of the truck by finding the tiles. Thing is, I can't find them :(

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    It isnt a Sevii Island. Its an odd little island in the middle of the ocean full of rich trainers. I've been trying to find it on Emerald, but I' ve forgotten where it is. Its small, with a deserted house and loads of trainers. I think it's near that really annoying cave... The one where you have to walk through all those identical rooms, to end up in then place you started in.. man I've had a memory loss!
    -Nomaiya-

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Nomaiya said:
    It isnt a Sevii Island. Its an odd little island in the middle of the ocean full of rich trainers. I've been trying to find it on Emerald, but I' ve forgotten where it is. Its small, with a deserted house and loads of trainers. I think it's near that really annoying cave... The one where you have to walk through all those identical rooms, to end up in then place you started in.. man I've had a memory loss!
    -Nomaiya-

Well, if I see it when i'm editing the maps, I'll keep it. Plus I also found a map in Ruby called Southern Island, and when you go in, there's a gem like sotne in the middle and you're meant to encounter your rival there. Coulda been a beta :S

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
    Wolfius said:
    >_< There is no Sevii Island. This is a hack of Ruby =P. But I'll take that as a compliment :D

You can have a cameo, you could replace Steven in the plot.

Would you be able to redesign the truck the player comes in at the start? It'd have to be like, a car. If you could do that and insert it, I'd be able to change the area he's in at the beginning to a car area.
    Oh, I must have got it confused with another hack i'm helping on, Doh! Course its ruby! If I made it a car you'd have to jump out the boot.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Tanka EX said:
    Oh, I must have got it confused with another hack i'm helping on, Doh! Course its ruby! If I made it a car you'd have to jump out the boot.

Haha! That's the main idea. Unless, if the car was facing forwards, not sideways, then he'd be coming out of the sides.

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
    If it was reversed he'd crash through the windscreen! Anyway, what colour should it be? The truck has a very wide pallete considering it only consists of red and white, you can make a lot of things out of it. I wish I could edit tilesets because I have a funny idea for the inside of the boot, but i think that the car facing forward would look better.
    Wow, I found an unused overworld sprite! It's at sprite pointer 083676E8, it's 3 times the size of a normal guy and looks like it's been inverted, it's kinda like a sumo wearing a black spandex shirt...

Last edited:

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    What can I do to help? This is gonna be the best hack ever! Good luck with thecar, Tanka EX.
    -Nomaiya-

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Tanka EX said:
    If it was reversed he'd crash through the windscreen! Anyway, what colour should it be? The truck has a very wide pallete considering it only consists of red and white, you can make a lot of things out of it. I wish I could edit tilesets because I have a funny idea for the inside of the boot, but i think that the car facing forward would look better.
    Wow, I found an unused overworld sprite! It's at sprite pointer 083676E8, it's 3 times the size of a normal guy and looks like it's been inverted, it's kinda like a sumo wearing a black spandex shirt...

I see the sprite. Hah, that's wierd. Actually, spandex...that's the guy from the Johot land who teaches that school in Violet City, right?!

And due, whatever colour you want n_n

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
    I decided to make it a sporty white car and i'm making it so he/she comes out the boot, kay? I reckon it'd make for some crazy diologue. I'll post when it's done!!!

Player: *cough* There's so much dust in there..
    Mom: Sorry dear, did the carpet fall on you again? I really need to buy a people carrier.

Also what are you talking about with the guy in violet city?!? Do you know where the inside of the truck is on elitemap so I can make it look like a car boot?

Last edited:

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    Tanka EX said:
    I decided to make it a sporty white car and i'm making it so he/she comes out the boot, kay? I reckon it'd make for some crazy diologue. I'll post when it's done!!!

Player: *cough* There's so much dust in there..
    Mom: Sorry dear, did the carpet fall on you again? I really need to buy a people carrier.

Also what are you talking about with the guy in violet city?!? Do you know where the inside of the truck is on elitemap so I can make it look like a car boot?

It should be on Bank 2 or something. But if you use Advance Map, it shows the header and it's more easier to find.

Back