• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Poke Radar

Nas12345

Bored...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Alright so I'm currently facing a problem about the PokeRadar.I do not have many problems chaining
    the same pokemon but its really ticking me off with how the pokeradar music suddenly stopping and
    returning to the original BGM.Anyone here facing the same problem?I'm really frustrated right now as
    I chained about 30+ the other time when the music suddenly went off D:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Unfortunately, chains can be interrupted for seemingly no reason...or maybe you walked into a barely shaking patch of grass that you didn't notice? Honestly a lot can go wrong, you're not the only one.

Just keep at it!

Frokage

The legendary curse
    Years
    You're not the only one having trouble with the Poké radar. My chains happen to stop for no reason and all.. I guess the sudden change of music indicates that your chain broke, but I have no idea how it may have happened. :/

Nas12345

Bored...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I'm pretty sure that I did not step into a barely shaking grass patch and like you said, the chain
    stopped for no apparent reason :/

Years
    It happened twice to me too.

How big was your patch of grass? I don't know if it's because it wasn't very big, if it was random or because I reset too much or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    It's happened to me a few times in smaller patches. Now that I started chaining in a large patch, it hasn't ended abruptly. This time it only ends because of my own mistakes. :/

I think the size of the patch has to do with it. Also, when I was in the smaller patches and I would use the poke radar while on the border of the patch, it would end.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    It only happened to me once, on Route 7 in the grass(not the flowers)... However i'm likely non-stop chaining for like two weeks...It was like one time in maybe 300-400...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's definitely happened to me before. I don't know why, though. Like many of you here, I've watched every single one of my footsteps and tried my best to not make any mistakes. Unfortunately, though, the chain still ended. o: This could most likely be a PokéRader bug; X and Y did have a few bugs before, didn't they? Either that, or we must be doing something wrong without being fully aware of it.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
    Guys, if you look at the offfical serebii pokeradar page for x and y, sometimes there can be no pokemon at all (hence no grass shakes) and the streak is broken, this has happened to me a few times, but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the size or what the grass patch is

Nas12345

Bored...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    My chain usually breaks after a pokemon battle.The bgm returns back to normal right after it D:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
    If you went into grass that was not shaking fast enough, you Might get the pokemon you were chaining but because the grass was not shaking fast enough, the chain will probably end.

if you walk into the fastest shaking grass, but it was on the edge grass patches, you Might get the pokemon you were chaining but because the grass was on the edge grass patches the chain will probably end.

if you walk into the fastest shaking grass, but it was shaking next to another shaking patch, you Might get the pokemon you were chaining but because the grass was shaking next to another shaking patch, the chain will probably end.

If you walk to far away from the grass your Poke Radaring on, then your chain will end.

I've avoided all of these and never once has my chain ended for no reason.
    Hope This helps.

Last edited:

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    does anyone know how to recognize the shaking grasses from each other? I tried doing this several times in route 5 but I keep mixing up skiddle's with Pancham's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Okay I have been trying for 3 hours to get a shiny Pancham my streak is 26 but everytime I get to that around 20 areas a stupid Skiddo comes up. Also the music changed one time does that mean anything or if I was close to getting my beloved shiny Pancham? All i want is a shiny that's all. :'(

Nas12345

Bored...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I think we should follow what Gogoat rocks has said since I've been avoiding everything except for some of the ones he said.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    About the music changing, i came across something in regards to that. It said that if/when the music changes, don't go into any shaking grass, just reset your pokeradar and use it again until you see a patch of shiny grass. You can apparently do this about 4 times before the music reverts back. However, it also said that this doesn't guarantee a shiny patch of grass, and sometimes it might break your chain. I guess it's just another chance/luck related thing, but it does apparently raise your chance a little more of getting a shiny.

Back