• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen poke strategy

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2006
    I need some advice i have a plot to get an espeon but I need to ask someone if it will work

SAGE1: Start new game in pokemon ruby (after trading pokemon Ivalue out of the game)

STAGE2:Trade pokemon egg (eevee)to pokemon ruby from fire red.(i trade the egg and not the pokemon because you build friendship by walking)

STAGE3:hatch egg

STAGE4:Rais epokemon to love me in the morning to evolve it into espeon

Do you think it will work

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    yeah that'll work, but it really doesn't matter if u take the egg or take
    an eevee.

eggs always hatch with a pretty neutral happiness raiting.
    anyway u can max out happiness by giving u'r eevee items.
    it'll grow faster too if u just trade the eevee.

as for happiness being built by walking, that doesn't actually apply to eggs.
    it applies to already hatched pokemon, but u can make it happier
    by giving it vitamins and having battle and level up and hold items.
    I think if u feed it pokeblocks it likes too, that'd help.

also, i'm pretty sure questions like this belong in the simple questions section

good luck with u'r eevee. oh, and why are you starting a new game anyhow?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I'd hate to say this, but I'm almost positive you can't trade Eggs to or from Ruby/Sapphire. You can trade whatever hatches from them, however.

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    I recently evolved an evee into an espeon on emerald but I dont think you need or can trade the egg. Just walk around and feed the pokemon vitamins and its favourtie colour poke block and it will grow happy easy. If you have a soothe bell two make it hold that.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You definitely can trade eggs from Ruby/Sapphire. My middle son traded me the three Johto starter eggs from his Sapphire (that he got from his Collosseum) to my Emerald with no problems. They hatched just fine.

As for the Happiness. Be advised that when a Pokemon is traded, its Happiness rating ALWAYS reverts back to 70. When an Eevee egg hatches, it can be anywhere between 50 and 99. It Happiness rating needs to be 220 if you want it to evolve. I have answered this question a few times now, showing what you can do to help increase the Happiness rating of your Poke. Maybe I will write up a FAQ and see if the mods will sticky it somewhere. Remember that it takes 256 steps to increase a Pokes Happiness by 1 point. Vitamins, Soothe Bell, and PokeBlocks (berries 31-36 if you have Emerald) work. Regular battles, other hold items don't.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    VanirElf said:
    EGGS ARE TRADABLE PEOPLE...I know 'cuz I do it all the time.
    Actually... they are not always tradable, you can't trade eggs to Pokémon Emerald before you have obtained the National dex (I tried trading a Marshtomp egg and a Staryu egg to Emerald, so I know x_x)

Back