• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke2018

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2008
    Hello! I am currently busy with a fanfiction called Poke2018.

The story takes place in that year. The Pokemon battles went too aggressive, and eventually Pokemon died! To stop this, the government of Arah (new region) has closed all Pokemon gyms and prohibited Pokemon battles! Hopefully, other regions will follow soon.

All Arah's trainers were very upset, so now they have made something new! The game is called Poke2018, and it's played with Pokemon cards!

Why I am posting here, is because I'd like a nice banner for my fanfiction, and some tips about how the card game is going to be done. I'm nearly done with chapter 1, so hopefully you're gonna like it!

/cheers to people who read this,
    Stevntj1

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    With regards to how the card game should be done (Can't help you with the banner. My art skills suck.), maybe study the actual Pokemon trading card game and other anime shows where playing games are the primary focus (such as Yu-Gi-Oh)? Those may give you a springboard as to how to use a card game as a replacement for battling. For example, Yu-Gi-Oh uses holograms (and, later, magic) to bring the monsters on the cards to life. Given that this is 2018, you could possibly borrow that concept for your own fanfiction. On top of that, the Pokemon franchise already has a ready-made TCG line, so you could look at how to play that and modify it as you like. (After all, the Yu-Gi-Oh anime doesn't actually follow the rules of the card game, so you could probably get away with doing the same with your fic.)

Be warned, though, that if you follow my advice, you may encounter reviewers saying that your fic is a ripoff of Yu-Gi-Oh. If you have no problem with it, you should still be able to get by as long as the storyline is distinctly separate from that other fandom.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2008
    I was thinking of this:
    Both players have 5 Battle Points. (name should be changed to avoid any YuGiOh link).
    You can play one card per time (Pokemon), and you have a separate deck for energy (whatever), spells and events.

The goal is to achieve 10 BP. When you 'defeat' the opponent's card, you gain 1 BP, and the opponent loses 1 BP. With this system, it's possible to win even when you only have 1 BP left.

I'm just giving my first chapter the finishing touch.

Back