• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeball Glitch

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    Yeah so I've had this problem with EVERY HACK I'VE EVERY PLAYED and it pisses me off SO MUCH. Every time I throw a pokeball, the game freezes. And I can't catch the freaking pokemon. So how can I fix this? Also I couldn't find anything by searching so sorry if this is a repeat.

I am playing Ash's Quest on a FireRed hack on a Mac with Visual Boy Advance, just so you know. And the game isn't patched, I just did the simple name change of the ips file and the auto-ips patch that VBA does.

So please, help, cause there's no way I can beat Brock without catching a Mankey or getting a Gyarados or something.

Thanks a lot.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    first of all, are you using a clean rom,
    second of all, watch your language,
    3rd of all, USE A CLEAN ROM AND PATCH IT!
    Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    It's like half-patched. It's kind of hard to explain if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's just a special feature of VBA. But do you think that's really the problem?

Also, how do I know if it's "clean"? I mean, it seems to work fine. Besides the pokeball thing.

Last edited:

X-aveon

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    It's like half-patched. It's kind of hard to explain if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's just a special feature of VBA. But do you think that's really the problem?

Also, how do I know if it's "clean"? I mean, it seems to work fine. Besides the pokeball thing.

you download the rom again. it can't be edited of ANY kind. then you click on the ips patch and then apply it. it works for me. GL

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Get a clean ROM. It's either that or your computer.

FriendsRoxYourSox, the naming thing does the same thing without actually changing the ROM itself. VBA sort of puts them together while it works. Awesome, huh?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    Get a clean ROM. It's either that or your computer.

FriendsRoxYourSox, the naming thing does the same thing without actually changing the ROM itself. VBA sort of puts them together while it works. Awesome, huh?
    ]:< I bet it's my freaking computer, knowing my luck.

X-aveon

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    oh, i didn't know vba and lips had that command. thats koolio.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010

Some of you people in these forums are so ridiculous I just want to kill you. "DOY!!"

You're an idiot.

Back