• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecademy: The Rise of Team Plasma OOC Thread

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    This is the OOC discussion for Pokecademy. Please post all sign ups here.

Pokecademy
    Rated: PG 13 (For chance of language and potential violence)

Rules:
    1. No Puppeting (taking control of others without permission)
    2. No God Modding
    3 Romance is allowed, just not too much. This is PG 13, not R
    4. What I say goes, you may persuade me, through PM, though.
    5. You MUST enjoy this Role Play. This rule is completely serious. I don't want it to die.
    6. Include a Character Theme Song in your Sign Up to show me you read this. (I won't include one in mine to prevent people following me)

Background:​

Every trainer has his/her beginning, whether that is from a small town named Pallet, or a larger one such as Goldenrod. Most, however, come from some sort of education and, with the exception of a few trainers, have higher chances of succeeding when their origin is from higher education. You have been selected for the most prestigious academy currently in education, being one of the 50 new freshmen chosen for the new class. You have received a letter in the mail, which reads as follows:

Spoiler:

Plot:

(The Role Players will determine the majority of the plot, however, I, as the GM, will oversee tournaments and the such. The plot will have a twist if the players remain active, with Team Plasma on the rise.)

Pokecademy is separated into the following dorms. Upon request, you shall be placed into one of them. Some have exceptions, however.

Natural Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: BUG, GRASS, WATER, POISON, GROUND. Your entrance hall looks more like a park than an actual building. The ground is covered with neatly trimmed grass and tall, majestic trees tower high above your heads to make the ceiling. Walkways around the central fountain will always be perfectly symmetrical.

Slots Open:

Elemental Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: FIRE, ICE, ELECTRIC. Your entrance hall resembles that of a castle's. Marble statues and flooring retain a majestic and elegant look with two spiral staircases on either side. One strip of red, blue, and yellow reach to the dome at the top of this area; each strip is approximately a shoulder length apart.

Slots Open:

Mysterious Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: DARK, PSYCHIC, GHOST. Your entrance hall will retain a haunting vibe with blacklights lighting the entire room. Dark, granite statues and flooring furnish this area along with a haze of mysteriousness. You have bright, purple strips leading lost students to their dorms.

Slots Open:

Normal Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following types of pokémon: NORMAL, FLYING, FIGHTING, ROCK, STEEL. Your entrance hall looks more like a contemporary lounge. Always **** and span, this hall has comfortable, sleek chairs that adorn it. Otherwise, the entire hall resembles a pokémon center.

Slots Open:

Dragon Dorm: The trainers of the pokémon within this dorm will only be allowed to train the following type of pokémon: DRAGON (Surprising, isn't it?) Due to their immense power, each trainer will only be allowed 2 pokemon, one of their choice and their dragon. No trainer is allowed to train two dragons at once. Your entrance hall has long, Chinese-style dragons around the walkways, always keeping watch with glowing red eyes, It is rumored that if a rule is broken, these dragons will alert the staff immediately. No one has ever graduated from this dorm: most are expelled or resign.

Slots Open:

1. Lynette

Elite Dorm: This Dorm has the nicest facility, with large replicas of every gym badge around the room. Each kid to make it here has earned a place in the school's hall of fame. Every character must achieve "Elite" status in order to continue the story.

We hope you enjoy your stay at Pokecademy, classes start promptly at 9 and end at noon.

Spoiler:

My Sign Up will be up when I get Time...

FIRST COME, NOT FIRST SERVE. I will decide who makes what cuts, which is why I told you to include back-ups.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Now. what is the deal with dual typed pokemon? what if a pokemon is partly the type of the dorm but the other type isn't? hadn't read the SU sheet at that point.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    The profile is complete (I think). His name links to his theme.

Name: Shayne Nicandro Reese

Appearance: Standing at 5'4" and and weighing 123lbs, Shayne does not exactly have an eye-catching build. Beneath his mess of black hair, pale blue eyes stare out at the world--bright enough to easily be seen even under the shadow of the fedora he is often seen wearing. On his left ear is fastened a silver earring bearing a cross and looping chain. Signs of snakebite piercings remain near his lips, though they may only be seen from close proximity. When in his shy persona, Shayne is sometimes compelled to place the silver rings back around his lips. While his skin tone is fairly close to the median, its contrast with his dark hair causes it to seem lighter.

During the times when he is feeling bolder, Shayne's wardrobe lingers somewhere between formal and casual. He owns a number of short-sleeved collared shirts and ties, the latter of which may either be fastened neatly about his neck or knotted loosely about his unbuttoned collar when it is worn. While he does have a few long-sleeved shirts, he tends to fold the sleeves up anyway, even in cool weather. Black slacks belted at the waist are his preference to wear on his bottom half, though he has been known to wear jeans occasionally as well--more frequently when his shy persona is active. Wide, buckled straps are fastened about his wrists. Shayne keeps a small, silver pin attached to his shirt's collar.

The clearest sign of Shayne's personality switch is, aside from the fact that he will probably be avoiding you, the replacement of his hat and semi-formal shirt with a t-shirt of a quiet shade and a casual jacket with its hood up. Some have theorized that he believes the hood hides his blushing. His outfit is completed by either a pair of tennis shoes or dark boots.

Personality: Typically Shayne is an easygoing, casually (and indiscriminately) flirtatious person, even if a little competitive sometimes. He seems to see the beauty in everything and enjoy being a part of the world around him. Insults are usually laughed off or answered in banter, and tasks are approached with an attitude somewhere between cavalier and eager. Despite his nonchalant manner, an attentive observer might note Shayne's readiness to try to charm everyone he meets. In truth, Shayne has several jarringly contrasting sides to him that border on multiple personalities. Weighed by a constant sense of inadequacy, his friendly persona developed from his efforts gain approval and in an attempt to become the person his parents wanted him to be.

Also frustrated by the nearly constant pressures placed on him by his father and his apparently as constant failures, a part of Shayne has simply resigned itself to feeling as though he is never good enough. This side of him is tinged by bitterness and resentment but is mostly shy and socially awkward. Some have noted that Shayne's friendly side possesses confidence and insight beyond his years, while those who have seen his shy self rarely fail to note that its traits are societally inappropriate for someone as old as he is.

In the past, Shayne has interacted with others fairly well. Able to control his personality switches to a degree, he quickly found that using his friendly side when around more others was favorable. His shy self wanted to be alone anyway. Though he had a decent number of friends in his home town and dated a few girls, he never allowed anyone to grow particularly close to him. The distance he maintained even frustrated some people into ending their relationships with him. Despite his desire for attention, fear of abandonment and disapproval prevented him from fully trusting anyone. Thus, though he had enough friends, few to none were likely to consider him their "best friend."

History: From the moment he was born, Shayne's parents had high hopes for him. His father was a top coordinator, placing in the finals of the Grand Festival his last year competing. His mother was a skilled Pokemon trainer, defeating all the gyms in her region in under six months. Both his parents hoped that one day their son would carry on their legacy and taught him much about Pokemon handling from an early age. Eventually Shayne's mother and father began to disagree about whether the boy should devote more effort to being a trainer or a coordinator, his father citing his own eventual lack of success as more reason for Shayne to do what he never did. As time passed, these arguments grew increasingly sharp. Aside from them, however, Shayne's parents appeared rather amicable toward one another.

Day and night, Shayne's life was filled with Pokemon and expectations regarding his prowess with them. From the time he could throw a Pokeball (or at least drop it at an appropriate time), Shayne began to learn about battle. His first word was "Marill," his second "win," and his third "momma." Often Shayne was enrolled in nearby amateur tournaments, after which he was offered advice on how to improve. To their credit, Shayne's parents were generous with the amount of attention they gave him. Less flatteringly, their attempts to encourage him were often overwhelmed by their desire for perfection. Shayne's hometown--a moderately small place where almost everyone knew almost everyone--was familiar with his parents' history and began to hope for the son's success as well.

When Shayne was eleven, his parents had a particularly bitter fight about the direction of his future. Taking Shayne's hand, his father stormed out of the house and brought the boy to sign up for his coordinator's license. Upon their arrival home, the pair found the mother had calmed considerably. Again the world had been righted. Over the next few days, Shayne's parents discussed with more rationality whether he should participate in the upcoming contest or not. Eventually they selected a decision method they had not used before: they asked him. Glancing nervously between his parents and remembering the fervency with which he had been taught, Shayne told them he wanted to enter the contest.

The day of the contest, Shayne's father brought him to the stadium early, the boy's mother saying she would meet them there when the contest began. She never appeared. This time when father and son returned home, they found the house empty. A note was left on the kitchen counter, stating simply, "I will not return. Please do not look for me. Goodbye." While he is not certain why his mother disappeared, to this day Shayne blames himself for her leaving.

If someone were to objectively rate Shayne's raw talent, he would likely only place in the top twenty percentile. Heritage and hard work, however, gained him enough attention to provide entry to the Pokecademy.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious (Starter: Solosis)
    Choice 2: Normal (Starly)
    Choice 3: Natural (Nidoran♂)

RP Sample:

"You can stop digging through my bag, Dad. I have plenty of healing items. Super Potions, Full Heals--even Hyper Potions." Shayne set an armful of clothes down on his bed beside his open suitcase and made his way over to his father who was looking through the teenager's backpack while trying to appear unconcerned.

The older man cleared his throat and straightened. "Of course. I knew you would; you're a responsible young man." He paused. "Have you considered the matter of Full Restores? Last time you didn't have one it cost you the battle."

"Dad, I was seven," Shayne laughed. "And yes, I have one. Before you start in, you should know that's all the Pokemart had left." Turning, the student-to-be began setting shirts in his luggage. He heard his father sigh behind him but continued his work.

"This is why I tell you to plan ahead, but I guess there's not much we can do about it now. That reminds me, though: I have something for you." The sound of his footsteps retreated from the room into the hallway.

Looking down at the contents of his suitcase, Shayne reviewed a mental checklist. Clothes are here, Saoirse's Pokeball is on my belt, school letter is in my backpack with food and battle items, hat is in the front hall . . . right, toothbrush. Spinning his Pokemon's ball absentmindedly, Shayne walked out the door to the bathroom where he dug a new toothbrush out of one of the drawers. After a moment of thought, he grabbed a tube of toothpaste and a case of floss as well. Seeing his father's shadow extending out the doorway as he approached his room, Shayne reattached the Pokeball to his belt as he said, "Hey, mind if I bring the floss with me? I'd pick up some from the store, but--" He stopped short. "Dad?"

Shayne's father looked at him quietly, a flute of red glass resting in his hands. "I think you should have this, son."

Shifting his gaze to one side, the boy's voice deadened as he replied, "It's not yours to give, and it's not my right to accept. That flute belonged--belongs to Mom."

"When she left, your mother brought many things with her. Her Pokemon, most of her old traveling gear, and her clothes were gone. But this was still here, in the same place it always was. At first I thought she was trying to tell me something, but now I think she hoped you would have it some day. Anyway, I don't need . . . I don't need it here."

In his father's brief pause, Shayne caught the unspoken words "or want it." He was not sure he wanted it either. What he did know was that he was not of a mind to argue at the moment. With his gaze still averted, he took the flute and walked past his father. "Thanks."

With a few deft movements, Shayne wrapped the flute in an undershirt and packed it beside his dental supplies. In the awkward silence of his room, the sound of him zipping up his suitcase sounded almost obnoxiously loud. Shayne looked back at his father. "I'm going to sleep now. Long day tomorrow."

"That's a good idea," his father stated wearily, nodding his head slightly. He seemed to have aged ten years in the past few minutes. "This is a great opportunity for you. Use it to become a talented coordinator and trainer."

"Of course."

"Goodnight, son." Placing one hand on the doorway for support, the man made his way out of the room.

"Goodnight."

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Name: Dean Situla

Appearance: Dean has long black hair that hangs over his eyes when he hasn't parted it to either side. It reaches down to about his shoulders at its longest. He has a pale face and dark eyes that you can hardly see the whites of. His nose is similar to a bird's beak long and curved down wards. He has thin lips that have just as much color drained from them as his face. These are worn almost always in a frown. His face is rounded and long, in an oval shape. He is an average height but is very light. He is scrawny and un-muscular. His ears are always hidden by his hair but are average shape and size.

He usually wears clothes that are slightly too big for him so that he doesn't reveal his scrawny frame. He prefers long sleeved shirts. He usually tries to wear dark colors so he isn't easily noticed in a crowd. He wears long pants most of the time, often times these pants are slacks. He wears any sneaker he owns but prefers athletic shoes to dress shoes. He prefers to have low topped regular running shoes.

Personality: Nobody likes Dean. He has no friends. But this is not without reason; it is because Dean likes to keep to himself. But also because he is too smart, clever and cunning for his age. People bully him as a nerd, but it all just comes naturally. He finds no problem in thinking of a way out of things or how to do things the most efficiently. He hopes that nobody will bother him, but only because he feels that they will harm him, he would love to have a friend. There are few things that Dean wouldn't do to his enemies if he were able.

Dean has always been intrigued by Pokémon but has never had one himself, having grown up in poverty' he had to stay home and work to make things better. He has only used Pokémon when he has seen wild ones and tried to pit them against his opponents. He feels that if he were allowed the use of Pokémon he would be excellent at it.

History: Dean's father was a sailor, Dean had always admired him, one day he was sent out to sea, he never returned. So he grew up with his mother, a librarian, she made little money at her job but occasionally brought home old books that the library wanted. Dean read those books for entertainment. This began to expand his mind and thought horizon, he became more and more knowledgeable everyday.

When Dean received a letter in the mail saying that he would be attending Pokeacademy this year, he was ecstatic. He would finally be able to make his enemies hurt, become powerful and make some money to drag his family out of poverty. He had no idea why they would send him of all people one of these letters but it didn't matter. He was going and that was the bottom line.

Preferred Dorm: Mysterious Dorm: Solosis
    Backups________
    Dragon Dorm: Bagon
    Natural Dorm: Bulbasaur
    RP Sample: Van kicked the curled up body with force, so that it let out a groan. "What'd you say?" Van asked the human, taunting him.
    "Okay, Okay. I said that you're probably going to see that one freak in Lavender Town."
    "What is that." Van said impatiently. "Another Pokéma?" Van brought up his foot to kick again, but he was interrupted. His lips curled slightly.
    "It's a Pokéma that's stopping a slave shipment," The man said with haste. "They were looking for help when I was there."
    "So you assumed that just because I'm a Pokéma I'd want to help?" He snorted.
    "Yes. Please, just stop hurting me." The man said in a would-be-polite voice.
    "Okay, but just because you had some good information. Remember this next time you think that you're entitled to hurt Pokéma."

Van sprouted his four purple and teal wings from his back and set off into the air. He didn't want to make the human's predictions correct, but he was going to Lavender Town.

He flew eastward hoping that he wouldn't have to face any trouble along the way.

About three miles into his journey, he began to feel hungry. He flew down to the nearest town.
    There were shops and people walking to and fro, it was a small rural town on top of a large hill, surrounded by a lake off to the west. He looked for any signs of where he was, he found one. A tree just to his left near a group of other trees read, 'Viridian City' He had been here a few times before and he knew he had a decent way to go before reaching Lavender Town.
    He didn't make his wings shrink back into his body, he decided to keep them out despite the amount of trouble it could cause. He went to the nearest store, walking with his shoulders hunched and his hands in his pockets as he often times did. The store had all sorts of food in the window. Van stared at it, not as someone who had no money usually would, but with the air of a rich man able to buy whatever he pleased.
    In the glass' reflection, he could see people walking by and covering there children's eyes at the sight of him, spitting at his feet, or wearing looks of obvious disgust. This didn't bother Van, for in his eyes they were inferior beings, who had no grounds to compare themselves to him with.
    He walked into the store the bell on the door ringing as it opened. He turned immediately to the window where there was food on display and grabbed a large Miltank steak.
    "Stop that!!" Van turned on his heel, steak in hand, to see who said it. He spotted an old shopkeeper attending the register. He had his hand over his mouth as if that would change the fact that Van heard him. Van walked over to him with a sinister air and flapped his wings creating a strong gust.

"AAH!" It frightened the shop keeper and he ducked behind the counter where he stood. Van smirked confidently and left the store. How dare that filth command him what to do.
    He left town, started a fire. Cooked the steak. Had the whole of it for dinner, and slept in a tree in a sitting position, with his head resting against the trunk coming off of the highest branch.

((OOC: Hope that's acceptable.))

Theme Song, forgot to add... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Hmm, should everyone post their SUs in here? I noticed there are two different threads for this with both threads having people post SUs in 'em. :P

Back