• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Get-Together 2010 Photography Contest

Years
  • Pave you've got to discuss it with me and Charizard★ before you place up another theme. You even told us we were only going to have 2 Themes this year now we have to discuss everything again.

Sorry about this contestants, I will let you know the specific details as soon as I can

So, humours ISN'T the final theme?
    FFS guys, this is poor judging and communication. I have already decided on my picture for that theme, but now we don't know what the theme will be?

Christ, this is more effort than it is worth.

We all have lives outside the forum and we can't just drop everything and take pictures for the contest. I am busy for the next few days now.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • So, humours ISN'T the final theme?
    FFS guys, this is poor judging and communication. I have already decided on my picture for that theme, but now we don't know what the theme will be?

We all have lives outside the forum and we can't just drop everything and take pictures for the contest. I am busy for the next few days now.

I'm sure they're sorting something out. With Time-Zone differences and such. You were the one who questioned the theme, not that it was bad, you were just curious. You said:

You want us to do something alone the lines of this? Fooking hell, I hope you give us some time because that isn't exactly easy.

Prompting him to change it to something easier that will take less time.

By the way I have no entry, I'm just lurking to see the wonderful pics you finalists are about to produce and see the winner =)

Also cut the guy some slack, he's only 12

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So, humours ISN'T the final theme?

I apologize for it. I've been preoccupied the last couple hours for school classes registration.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Ok here are the final details.
    Since Fabio has already gotten his Picture we are sticking to the Theme humours. You will have 2 days to get your picture on this thread. If you guys can get it faster then we will be able to release the results faster

Sorry about the misunderstandings guys

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Spoiler:

Smoking Hot Dog
    "They'll never know I was the one who stole their cigarettes!"

This picture was taken a few years ago with an earlier model camera I have now, so the quality isn't as good, however, I feel it still expresses humour in an adorable way :3 His name is Cuba btw.

Years
  • The only thing I am worried about with this theme is that you guys won't be looking at the artistic and photographical side of things, and only the picture that makes you laugh the most.

I said it was easy because anyone can take an amusing picture but can it really be considered a photographical masterpiece? I don't expect to actually win this because I won't submit a crappy but funny picture. No offense to anyone else's picture, because they could very well be beautiful, but that is how I feel with mine. Anyway, here it is:

Spoiler:

Imminent Rape
    I took this not so long ago, I was in the park and this pigeon kept harrasing the other one, it did make me chuckle and I took a snap of it just as it was about to pounce.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ Yeah tbh, I had to go with something that looked funny, rather than amusing, because lately there... hasn't been anything that has been that funny to take pictures of (because my images in 2007 weren't as good), but yeah, whatevs. Guess it's sort of that "moment" type thing, idk.

Years
  • ^ Yeah tbh, I had to go with something that looked funny, rather than amusing, because lately there... hasn't been anything that has been that funny to take pictures of (because my images in 2007 weren't as good), but yeah, whatevs. Guess it's sort of that "moment" type thing, idk.

I don't think it is a good theme for a photography contest at all.
    My understand is you should leave them open to the photograph's perception. Like 'the world' or 'human creation' things like that. But oh well, it is done now. Good luck.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Exactly - those would've allowed much more creativity from us, but... whatever interests the judges, I guess.

And now we wait for Derozio, who is... having issues getting something, last I heard. XD;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I haven't got any funny pic, I'm afraid. Also, I feel that 'humor' isn't really one of those things that can be easily captured. Those moments..just happen. It's really hard..at least for a n00b photographer like me, I guess. Still, I kinda tried. This is what I have to offer. Might not really be funny, but meh.

Spoiler:

Title: Sleeping Beauty
    "Doing a sleeping beauty act might prove to be beneficial to me. Who knows, a ***** might come and kiss me to wake me up?"

Yeah, I dunno if it is funny but yeah. XD;

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years

• Final Round Results:

Finally, after much debate we have chosen the PokeCommunity Get-Together 2010 Photography Contest Winner. We thank all of you for participating and we hope to see you again next year. Here are the final results:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Congratulation to our 2010 Winners!

Thanks to my fellow Hosts Charizard★ and Pave Low as well as our staff supervisor Abnegation

See you again Next Year

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Third? Derozio's gunna hold this against me forever. XD Congrats Fabio!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Congratulations, guys! A seriously great job done, you two. <3
    I knew it all along that you'd win, fabio. You were just..too good for me. XD;

Anyways, I'm glad I beat nica. She was a really awesome opponent. Never really expected to be placed second but yeah. It feels really nice. ;]

Years
  • Congratulations, guys! A seriously great job done, you two. <3
    I knew it all along that you'd win, fabio. You were just..too good for me. XD;

Anyways, I'm glad I beat nica. She was a really awesome opponent. Never really expected to be placed second but yeah. It feels really nice. ;]

Haha, thanks man. I wouldn't say that, but you were a good opponent as well as Nica.

I should really judge next years as I have won it two times in a row! XD

Skip Class

Years
  • Haha, thanks man. I wouldn't say that, but you were a good opponent as well as Nica.

I should really judge next years as I have won it two times in a row! XD

Looks like you have a rep to keep up Fabio XD but you'd be an amazing Judge!

Years
  • Well, it wouldn't be fair if I kept entering, because I do have an unfair advantage. Some people only have digital cameras or phone cameras or so on. I have a £1000 DSLR professional camera. I get paid to be a photographer at some weddings, events and so on, though it is just a hobby.

I would prefer to judge and pass on my advice and expertise in that area. Would make me feel happier than winning the contest.

Though, some members have asked for my advice since the contest has been running. Haha

Years
  • You weren't talking about me, were you XD

Anyway, congratulations to Fabio on winning this contest 2nd time in a row as well as giving me advice and to the other two finalists on making it this far! It was a great experience. Congratulations to the judges too on supervising this contest and overcoming the problems that have appeared over the course of the contest.

Let's hope next year it will be just as great!

Back