• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity's Competitive Battling Community

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
You can go ahead and create a clan if you'd like. However, I plan on making an official clan/league-hybrid soon.

To add a new-ish topic, how do y'all think Pokebank will change the meta, if any change at all?

Obv there will be essentially every Pokemon available to use competitively, but will current Pokemon that are seeing a lot of use right now be less favored once pokebank is hopefully released?

Will certain Pokemon post-bank see more play than they did in previous gens?
Quite a bit. For one, a lot of Pokemon who were previously unusable before PokeBank will now be introduced to the metagame (legendaries like Jirachi and Celebi). One major boon we get from PokeBank is more Defog users. Before PokeBank, the only viable users were Crobat and Mandibuzz. Now we have Pokemon like Scizor, Lati@s, Gliscor, Skarmory, Dragonite, and Empoleon. Defog's distribution is still very limited, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Maybe so, but Arcanine does have a larger offensive presence thanks to its coverage moves (Wild Charge and Close Combat), in addition to having Intimidate to switch in more easily. Buuut Entei has the potential to last longer and is ever so slightly faster, so there's that.

arcanine fanboy ;)

On a more serious note, the hype behind Sacred Fire will probably be enough to get it high up in usage, I'd wager - I know I would want to try it out, and I doubt that I'd be disappointed when practically all physical walls hate being burned save for maybe Rotom-W.

mmm burned tower time

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
ah havent been active since er last month? idk but im not sure if anyone new joined, so could anyone help track down the newcomers?

also changed the op topic, happy discussing :)

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
Quite a bit. For one, a lot of Pokemon who were previously unusable before PokeBank will now be introduced to the metagame (legendaries like Jirachi and Celebi). One major boon we get from PokeBank is more Defog users. Before PokeBank, the only viable users were Crobat and Mandibuzz. Now we have Pokemon like Scizor, Lati@s, Gliscor, Skarmory, Dragonite, and Empoleon. Defog's distribution is still very limited, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

Scizor getting Defog will definitely be interesting! It would have some utility along with being a good physical attacker and a semi-wall.

Personally, I am a little weary of Celebi mainly because it can be very hard to take down, but that's change in the meta for ya.

Last edited:
Back