• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] [pokecrystal] A trainer I made keeps getting the same overworld sprite model as the player

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
  • Hey yo!

I made some trainers in my hack, and evrything works smooth except for THIS ONE trainer, which keeps having the same overworld sprite model as the player, and changes along it (becomes Lapras when surfing, riding Bicycle whenever I do).

I don't know what's the problem with this one since I made other trainers of the same type (model, trainer class, etc.) and they show correctly. It's just this one.

Here is the code:

const RUINSOFALPHOUTSIDE_COOLTRAINER_F

TrainerHunterFRose:
    trainer HUNTERF, ROSE, EVENT_BEAT_HUNTERF_ROSE, HunterFRoseSeenText, HunterFRoseBeatenText, 0, .Script

.Script:
    endifjustbattled
    opentext
    writetext HunterFRoseAfterBattleText
    waitbutton
    closetext
    end

HunterFRoseSeenText:
    text "I heard there was"
    line "a rare #MON at"
    cont "the LAKE OF RAGE."
    done

HunterFRoseBeatenText:
    text "Oh no! Why did I"
    line "lose?"
    done

HunterFRoseAfterBattleText:
    text "LAKE OF RAGE is"
    line "located north from"
    cont "MAHOGANY TOWN."

para "It seems there is"
    line "some strange event"
    cont "occuring there."
    done

object_event 8, 30, SPRITE_COOLTRAINER_F, SPRITEMOVEDATA_STANDING_LEFT, 0, 0, -1, -1, PAL_NPC_RED, OBJECTTYPE_TRAINER, 2, TrainerHunterFRose, -1

But I don't think it shows any problem as I made similar scripts and everything went fine.

Can maybe someone help me with this one please? Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Someone gave me the answer for those who might have the same issue: You have to add the trainer ow sprite in data/maps/outdoor_sprites. asm

Back