• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecrystal Disassembly: Replacing Attacks

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Hello, I am brand new to ROM hacking and just successfully got Pokecrystal Disassembly working. My goals for my hack are relatively straightforward, and involve raising the difficulty of the game as well as rebalancing it.

One way in which I intend to achieve this goal is to delete useless moves/attacks and replace them with more useful moves/attacks (adding new ones is possible but it is best to keep things simple right now).

So far, the only code I have really touched is the move_descriptions file, having already changed all the titles and descriptions of every move desired. Nothing else has been done, though I scanned over the other files and am unsure where to start. Most of my new moves re-use existing effects that were already present in the game (I.E. An effect like Double Kick being applied to a new move with a different name, typing, etc) to keep things simple.

In rare cases, it is slightly more complex. For an example, I changed PoisonPowder to MoltenPowder, which basically just causes Burn instead of Poison. Now the problem here is that the game does not have a non-damaging Burn ailment programmed into it if I am not mistaken. It only has a damaging one with a chance to cause Burn. How would I go about creating this effect and then applying it to MoltenPowder?

Last edited:
    Back