• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] [pokecrystal] [wCurPartyMon]: How to force loading a certain species/icon instead of a party Pokémon?

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
  • Hello! I want to use a command to load a certain icon or sprite, but I want it to be specific instead of it to be loaded from the party. Is there a way to do this. If yes, how?

Thanks for your answer!

McPaul

Years
  • I somehow found what I was looking for, but can't get it to work.

I want the fly animation to use a specific icon instead of the [wCurPartyMon] one. Kinda found the script I was looking for in engine\gfx\mon_icons.asm at the FlyFunction_GetMonIcon script.

I inspired myself from this script trying to get it to use one specific icon:

ReadMonMenuIcon:
    cp EGG
    jr z, .egg
    dec a
    ld hl, MonMenuIcons
    ld e, a
    ld d, 0
    add hl, de
    ld a, [hl]
    ret
    .egg
    ld a, ICON_EGG
    ret

By using some functions like jr z, .bird and ld a, ICON_BIRD but looks like it loads some random icon like Poliwag or Squirtle, or random square with letters inside.

I'll continue through my research.

McPaul

Years
  • Well, still can't get anything after days of tries and tries. No one has any idea?

McPaul

Years
  • Same in this one as my other threads, I beg you can you help me please? 😭

Back