• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex Completion: tools to plan/keep track?

Years
    I did some searching before posting but came up pretty empty.

My brain doesn't work so good, I'm terrible at keeping facts/figures/plans straight.
    I was hoping there was some kind of offline pokedex app or similar that I could use to assist, something with the full dex list, locations by game, and a way to sort the list into caught/uncaught or even plan re: "you caught this one but need to evolve it twice" and such.

Other than writing massive hunting lists of locations and the pokemon therein, is there anything like this out there?

(If apps end up being suggested, I only have iOS)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm a bit oldschool, i used paper and pen.

I'm currently working on completing the Pokedex in Y, first I wrote down every pokemon i needed.
    First I caught every pokemon I needed, using Serebii and Bulbapedia for locations. Then I bought X and a 2ds for trading and version exclusives, then I discovered friend safari and finally gts.

The only Pokemon I have left are the ones that evolve via stone you can't buy or item from Battle Maison and legendaries. I'm at 670 I believe.

Anyways in my process I wrote the names of the Pokemon down and made 2 boxes in my Pc, Breeding Box and Level Up box. Every time I get a Pokemon I put it in the correct box, i breed the correct number of eggs depending on number of evolutions and anytime I get a Pokemon in my national dex I cross it off the list.

I level up Pokemon quickly in Victory Road using Jirachi and Mew with water, steel, psychic and ghost attacks and exp share on.

I don't know any online services for this obviously this is just another option.

Some of the greatest feelings is evolving Pokemon without rare candies, I leveled up Zweilous, Metang, Fraxure, Larvesta, Vullaby and Vibrava which are all a pain.

As well as evolving by friendship, the best way to do that is keep them in your party while hatching eggs because friendship is based on number of steps.

Last edited:
    Back