• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    I want to transfer some of my favotirte pokemon form the past games, but to do this I need the national dex, for which I need to have seen every one of the normal pokemon. Particulary seeing Garchomp, Milotic, and Spiritomb are going to be a problem. Does seeing a pokemon in an online battle count for the pokedex? Or is online intervention only available in the form of the global trade system?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Thank you for the help, I will get on fighting the elite four champ...I only wish that I didint have to beat the game to get my favorite pokemon all together. Anyway I am going for all ground types - Nidoking, Torterra, Golem, Swampert, Flygon, and Mamoswine. And why would you want to breed pokemon anyway? Is it for the right abilities or something?

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    You could improve many many aspects of the baby, for one the nature, also the ability, for more specialized breeding there's the IV values improvement and egg moves it shouldn't normally learn.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    So does breeding raise the pokemon's stats/abilities or just give it more moves and the ability to chose what random nature ect. it has? This breeding buisness sounds very dismal and time cunsuming if the first is true...

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Yes it's pretty time consuming.
    But you can max out your pokemon stats instead of having weakling pokes... And you have the possibility to make them learn moves that they not naturally learn. And of course choose the right nature that you wanna raise.

Great advantages if you wanna go for competitive battling. Or just even owning your friend easily...

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    How exactly are stats affected in this? I mean does it jsut max EVERY stat out or are different pokemon's stats still different? Either way this and the requirements for getting pokemon from other games are their worst mistake.

Also is there a penalty for traded pokemon? I would like to know for my Golem, whom ofcourse was traded to evolve.

Last edited:

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Hum... No penalties as I may know... exept that you can't the name of a poke that's not of your ID...

But no... it don't max out every stats... better try to learn about IVs... Individual Values... then you'll understand

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    I have looked in to this black magic of individual values, and woudlint it be more balanced to make all pokemon have the same number of stat points above their minimum stats for all their stat that would be distributed between all of their stats randomly? Of course breeding wouldint be random, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    At least completing the Pokedex was entertaining...even though it was a massive improvision with only 3 real fighting pokemon and the vain hope that this game wouldint be cruel and make me do everything but beat the game in order to use pokemon from other games... Also this breeding seems to actualy detract from a pokemon's individuality... I mean, shouldint just nature/trait be enough?

And where do I find out how to breed and have any hope of winning online...? I hope my pokemon already have at least decent IV values.
    And does this mean it is impossible to breed the starters? Torterra is my favorite pokemon by far :(

(I am close to but have not yet completed the pokedex, my biggest obsticle is beating the elite four with my stubborn team of three unbreeded pokemon, two of which are actualy ones that I want to keep once my pokedex is complete.)

Last edited:

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Best places to know about Breeding, IVs and EVs are:

PC Forum in Strategies and Moveset there's a sub-forum named Breeding

There's Serebii.net in the "Game Mechanics" part of the site

Or even ask someone who knows good about it, and ask for his/her tutoring... Some people are kind enough to learn you the basics and some hints, like it happened to me before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    I wouldint have gotten this far on the three battle pokemon I have without decent movesets. Well, two of my pokemon have movesets that I like, my floatzel just wont learn anything useful. On my Torterra I have
    Grass Knot
    Curse
    Leech Seed
    Earthquake

And on my Golem I have
    Stone Edge
    Dig
    Explosion
    Rollout

And is it customary to post up your Freind Code on forums as you have?

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Like those in my signature ??
    Hum yeah... lotta people have it posted like that...

When 2 people agreed to do something Wi-Fi together, it's quicker that way than to wait for people to tell it :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    How does one create a signiture, as I think the thing that shows up on all of your posts is called?

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Click in the top to get in your "User CP"
    There's some choice listed as Signature...
    Just go there and customize it how you like :)

You can place pictures and stuffs

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Awesome my avatar worked also :) I take it your favorite pokemon is Treeko?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back