• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Torterra is the whole reason that I am trying to have all ground types, like the elite four person that I did not know about at the time. Despite looking random, he looks good.

My problem with breeding is that its just another hurdle for me befroe I can face people on wifi with a fightning chance. And the people with maxed out stats just duke it out with others using maxed stats I guess.
    It seems like it would be hard to find opponents around lvl 53 or so, which is about where I am.

Also, i've never cared much for pokemon contests, but is there a wifi competition for them or is it limited to more entertaining battles?

Battling other player combinations online sounds awesome, so long as nothing gets unbalanced.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    the game is made to be a challenge, but you dont need to EV, or breed for IV/Nature to win. I beat the game using like 4 pokemon (empoleon, staraptor, luxray and dialga)

IV breeding is for those who want to compete with the best, without it the 1 or 2 stat points will mean the difference between a OHKO and a 2HKO (one-hit and 2-hit ko). If you arent planning to battle competitively (or not on a very high level), IV breeding is a waste of time.

You can battle anyone on wifi, and itll project the pokemon to lvl100 with the stats theyd have when they hit lvl100 themselves. so i could take a party of lvl20s to vs ur 53s and itd be fair

and your torterra looks rather nasty (as in powerful), your level is just a bit low. Cynthia's best is lvl66, and id recommend getting an ice move (ice beam if you can afford it, blizzard otherwise) on your floatzel.

you can breed torterra, you just need a ditto... and a national dex to get that ditto.

how far can you get in the elites? i can see you having issues with aaron, but your torterra should blitz through the next 2 trainers with minimal effort (if you level it a bit)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    With my strange and less than completely balanced team of Pokemon I am more than used to cruel improvision...Leech Seed - Curse works wonders when I simply have a type disadvantage that I cant get around with my currently small selection because curse buffs my offense and defense at the same time with leech seed's life damage that ignores type and life regen boosted by my item also acting offensively and defensively at the same time. When I use curse seven times (enough to max out the attack and deffense) I can just overpower enemies regardless of their type ;)

And wouldint Aaron be easy prey for my Golem's and Torterra's ground attacks as well as my Floatzel's water attacks? How would that be a problem?

And are wifi battles realy limited to one and two shots? That would be a big disapointment from the strategies I encountered while playing the game (Albiet i've seen things happen that just shouldint happen there too).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back