• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeDimension - Aerodinamica Team Recuitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    Ok now everyone has at least thought playing a Pokemon MMO right? Well if you haven't then start right now. What I am aiming for is a
    large Pokemon world, just like on the DS but online. Pokemon would be even better if you could talk to other people while you play it and even battle them, right away! Wi-fi just doesn't cut it, you could play with all of your friends at the same time, only thing is this won't be in a portable system. This has been done before and I already have a source ready for this, but of course it needs to be more developed. I have a number to choose from, so that is not a problem. We also have hosting available so as soon as we get to work we can bring the server up right away! Feel free to ask any questions and please don't hesitate to apply.

Alright, we have about 2 choices on what source we want to use. Now I sadly cannot develop so I decided that i'll lead it up to the people who will be developing it. There is the original Pokenet source from the popular server that we could use and there is the edited version. (I will post a picture after I get required amount of posts)

It doesn't belong to me but it's A repack that is open for everyone's use.

Team name
    PokeDimension

Team Leader
    Me - Keiichi

Current Members
    Me- Keiichi
    Host - Shofyan
    Mark - Developer
    SoSoSalty- GM

Current Progress
    Well, things such as getting in game and walking around are taken care of. The game is kind of complete, you could say. What is needed now is a lot of bug fixing and then we start adding our own features.

Positions Needed
    [1/2] GM
    [1/3] Java dev/dev
    [0/2] Graphic artist
    [0/2] Mapper
    [0/2] Spriter

Timezone
    -5:00 GMT

Method of Contact
    [email protected]

Additional Info

Alright, I think i'll add some more info on what I want from this server. The fact that it'll be a Pokemon MMO will get us a lot of players from the beginning since they're scarce. It seems like in we'll just need to fix Johto a bit and then pretty much fix all of Hoenn. But my big plan is to add unova and the new Pokemon, something I haven't seen in any of these Pokemon MMO's yet. Adding a whole new region and it's Pokemon will take a lot of work, but this is something I don't plan on going at in the beginning. We will a stable server with the stuff that is currently in the game working and maybe a few custom features. I want to add in some custom maps at first if anything, give the game something new so it isn't just Pokemon with the disadvantage of it not being portable. These are just some idea's to throw out there, they aren't anything special just stuff off the top of my head. I wanna show you all that I am very serious about this project, I just need the team to help me because I can't do it alone.

Host has 1 Gigabyte Per Second Internet Speed

We also have a 6GB RAM 4GHz Host, with 10 GPBS speed.

Now I hope we get a lot of applicants and good luck to everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back