• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [pokeemerald] "Minimalistic" Battle Intro - MultiBattle Issues

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Hello,

I'm utilizing the "Minimalistic" battle intro that was shared here earlier this year, and my playtesters have found an issue when doing Multi Battles in the battle tower.

With the mod used as is, multi battles begin with an infinite loop of scrolling text. I was able to adjust the Battle Intro that partner battles use, which resulted in a more stable battle intro, but now there are two flashes of a black bar/back box when beginning the battle. Would anyone be able to help me figure out why those are appearing / how to correct them?

Normal trainer battles appear to be working correctly still.

I've created an issue in my repository that has a video of what I'm talking about (linked above too) if that helps. Would love some help looking into this!

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • She/It
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    i've seen this effect before when messing around with battle intros myself, tho i don't remember exactly how my code looked when it happened. but basically, it's due to the two black bars that open outward from the middle of the screen. for whatever reason, they're moving in a way where they loop all the way around, causing them to come in and out and repeat. from my experimentation it looks like gBattle_WIN0V has some control over the position of these black bars. currently your BattleIntroNoSlide function is subtracting 0xFF * 2 from this variable while it's in case 2, you could try changing that number?

Back