• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] [pokeemerald] "Undefined Reference to..." Issue

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
  • Hi,

So I've started working on some test scripts, and I'm honestly not sure why I'm getting this error.
    Through PoryMap, I edited Brendan's bedroom, and added some objects and signpost scripts to put in the map. I then assigned them the appropriate script labels that I wrote in its scripts.inc file. But when I try to build to test, I get this:
    X7Pfk0E.png

And I can't for the life of me figure out what it wants me to check. I went into the mentioned map_events.s, but there's barely anything in it. I went to the data/maps/events.inc it mentioned and then to the appropriate map's event.inc file (that being LittlerootTown_BrendansHouse_2F), but nothing there stands out as me not having defined anything. Any insight? I can provide anything else if needed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hi,

So I've started working on some test scripts, and I'm honestly not sure why I'm getting this error.
    Through PoryMap, I edited Brendan's bedroom, and added some objects and signpost scripts to put in the map. I then assigned them the appropriate script labels that I wrote in its scripts.inc file. But when I try to build to test, I get this:
    X7Pfk0E.png

And I can't for the life of me figure out what it wants me to check. I went into the mentioned map_events.s, but there's barely anything in it. I went to the data/maps/events.inc it mentioned and then to the appropriate map's event.inc file (that being LittlerootTown_BrendansHouse_2F), but nothing there stands out as me not having defined anything. Any insight? I can provide anything else if needed.

Names of scripts must be defined with two colons, like:
    Code:
    PlayersHouse_2F_EventScript_Cabinets::

Labels defined with just one ':' are only usable in the file they were created in(scripts.inc), resulting in that error if you try to refer to them in another file(events.inc).

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • Names of scripts must be defined with two colons, like:
    Code:
    PlayersHouse_2F_EventScript_Cabinets::

Labels defined with just one ':' are only usable in the file they were created in(scripts.inc), resulting in that error if you try to refer to them in another file(events.inc).

Thanks for the response! Though I swear that mine already have the double colons. Here's a section of my current scripts.inc file, currently unchanged from when I last started this thread:
    naPU9P7.png

I've still been getting the same errors despite this, so is it possible that the issue lies elsewhere? Or is there somewhere I'm not looking?

EDIT: I noticed something while attempting to build again. At the beginning of the log, it looks like I also got an "unexpected EOF in string" as well. So I get the feeling that it may not be including my scripts at all, rather skipping over them entirely and reaching the end or something like that. If it helps, I did completely write these from scratch, and didn't modify any existing scripts. Is there some sort of additional thing I have to do if writing new scripts from scratch?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    EDIT: I noticed something while attempting to build again. At the beginning of the log, it looks like I also got an "unexpected EOF in string" as well. So I get the feeling that it may not be including my scripts at all, rather skipping over them entirely and reaching the end or something like that.
    Check the file mentioned with the "unexpected EOF in string" error. It means that the compiler is reaching the end of the file while reading a string, meaning that you're either missing a quotation mark at the end of a string or you have an additional quotation mark somewhere.

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • Check the file mentioned with the "unexpected EOF in string" error. It means that the compiler is reaching the end of the file while reading a string, meaning that you're either missing a quotation mark at the end of a string or you have an additional quotation mark somewhere.

GDI I'm dumb af lol
    I started to figure that was the case when I noticed that EOF error, so I did look, and sure enough I was in fact missing a beginning quotation in one of my other text scripts. Sorry I didn't update my post sooner, but I did end up finding it a bit after last updating it. I do appreciate the help thus far, sorry I'm just goofy 💀

Back