• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokegear vs Vs. Seeker

Pokegear or Vs seeker

• pokegear

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Vs seeker

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Which one do u perfer. I like pokegear becasue...
    1)Don't have to keep charging it
    2) the trainers call u when there ready for a rematch, so u don'thave to use the seeker 10 times before they can battle u

what do u think

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Seconded, the pokégear can be counted on to go 'briiing!' at the most annoying times when the random trainer has decided to recount the tale of how he beat a really tough Rattata for the umpteenth time (Honestly, where's the "Couldn't care less." response? -.-) and chasing down the random challenges that do arise becomes a serious pain in the behind really quickly (To the point where I found it more convenient to level against wild pokémon back in the second generation). At least the Pokénav phone in R/S/E had unlimited memory and handy-dandy markers for active challenges, although it was still too much hassle for my liking. With the Vs Seeker you can focus on battling precisely the trainers you want and don't have to wait for them to take the initiative. The slight bother of compulsory recharge is a non-issue by comparison to that of chasing down trainers across the whole freakin' region, and I'm quite used to breeding pokémon, so "walk 50 steps" or whatever the amount was really isn't anything by comparison

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Seconded, the pokégear can be counted on to go 'briiing!' at the most annoying times when the random trainer has decided to recount the tale of how he beat a really tough Rattata for the umpteenth time (Honestly, where's the "Couldn't care less." response? -.-) and chasing down the random challenges that do arise becomes a serious pain in the behind really quickly (To the point where I found it more convenient to level against wild pokémon back in the second generation). At least the Pokénav phone in R/S/E had unlimited memory and handy-dandy makers for official challenges, although it was still too much of a hassle. With the Vs Seeker you can focus on battling precisely the trainers you want and don't have to wait for them to take the initiative. The slight bother of compulsory recharge is a non-issue by comparison to that of chasing down trainers across the whole freakin' region, and I'm quite used to breeding pokémon, so "walk 50 steps" or whatever the amount was really isn't anything by comparison

Alter, that was pure genius. Absolutely. They ALWAYS call to tell me some stupid, random, meaningless, crap, which I considered SPAM. Then it was every other 30 seconds. And I can't even use Rydon cause Lightning Rod will increase those calls. My favorite was Crystal. When they [rarely] called, it was to either to battle, tell me something IMPORTANT, or give me something. Piciner gave me a Leaf Stone! Come on, thats amazing. Plus, they actually get stronger, rather than stay the same. But, Vs seeker would be second to me.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
    I think Pokegear is good since Vs. Seeker has to recharge on use and you have to run everywhere.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    finaly people agree w/ me!!!!!!!! yeah and just for an FYI i'm gruoping the pokethingy in emmerald w/ pokegear since there genrealy the same, butr still u can refight gym leaders w/ vs seeker

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I like the VS seeker because with the Pokegear there are only a certain amount of trainers you can battle but with the Vs seeker (which can be annoying) but you can seeker basically any trainer

:t354:TG

Years
    Vs. Seeker is way better than the little phone thingy in the PokeGear IMO.

Mostly because....
    There were no annoying phone calls. How many times does that trainer have to talk about beating a "really tough Pokemon" anyway?

There is a limit, but you don't have to delete your current trainer's numbers to get other trainer's numbers.

The only drawback to the Vs. Seeker is that the trainers don't tell you about anything important like where rare Pokemon are swarming or if they find special items, but Vs. Seeker is still better.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I rather have vs seeker then a pokegear, cause you can fight almost any trainer you want to battle from almost anywhere you too, and not have to deal with stupid annoying calls at inconvenient times to slow you down for going.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Seconded, the pokégear can be counted on to go 'briiing!' at the most annoying times when the random trainer has decided to recount the tale of how he beat a really tough Rattata for the umpteenth time (Honestly, where's the "Couldn't care less." response? -.-) and chasing down the random challenges that do arise becomes a serious pain in the behind really quickly (To the point where I found it more convenient to level against wild pokémon back in the second generation). At least the Pokénav phone in R/S/E had unlimited memory and handy-dandy markers for active challenges, although it was still too much hassle for my liking. With the Vs Seeker you can focus on battling precisely the trainers you want and don't have to wait for them to take the initiative. The slight bother of compulsory recharge is a non-issue by comparison to that of chasing down trainers across the whole freakin' region, and I'm quite used to breeding pokémon, so "walk 50 steps" or whatever the amount was really isn't anything by comparison

Yeah, that's basically what I think too. The phone calls were WAY too annoying and you could only store 10 phone numbers. VS Seeker is better although I did like the radio on the Pokegear.

Back