• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 1: Mewtwo vs. Mew (starring Vanyx)

H-Man #89995

Are you reading this? Don't!
    Years
    Just use the first five letters to talk about me. It's not my fault there are eighty-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-five other H-Mans before.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    *growls* BetterThenYou (who didn't even use the right 'then' in his name, by the way -.-) insulted my fanfic as well when I made one, waaay back when I was a bigger n00b than now. Sapped my confidence entirely. Just ignore him. He does that...

Anyway, great fic, quite interesting. Can't wait to see more! ;)

DanyelleTheUmbreon

Danneh-Boyeh <3
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    *Shoots random people with flamethrower* Mwahahahahaha. *stares at others* Ahem what I was trying to say was *points at Ratiosu* YOUR AWESOME

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Thank you ^_^

Chapter 3

Around twenty minutes later, Ash started whining like the moron he was. ?Vanyx, are we there yet?? he asked, nearly falling on me in exhaustion. I pushed him off, where he fell onto the grass.

?Look, we?re almost there. You?re also getting way too close for my comfort.?

Ash moaned. He looked around and then stood up. ?Look, there?s a cave!? he yelled.

?Then we?ve gone too far,? I said, holding up a map. ?That?s?oh wait, that?s Diglett Cave! That means the next town is right ahead!? I stashed the map in one of my pockets and ran over towards the city which rapidly came into my view. The various buildings were gray and dreary, though most of that effect was from the rain. All the houses seemed to be just regular one-story houses, and there was a gigantic building in the distance. As Ash had told me before (about a million and one times), that was a Pokemon Gym.

?Come on, moron, the next town is right here!? I yelled, then turned around and found that Ash was still lying in the grass. His eyes were closed and Bulbasaur was worriedly licking his face. I walked over, sighing, and shook him.

?Ash! Hello! Aren?t we going to the Pewter City Pokemon Center or something?? I shook him even more, and then stuck out my tongue as I realized what I had to do.

?Bulbasaur, Charmander, tell me you won?t tell anyone about this,? I said. They nodded, and crept closer to watch me.

?Ash, aren?t we going to Pewter City?? I paused and closed my eyes. ??together??

Ash immediately woke up and smiled. ?Yeah, we?re going together?? he rested his head on my shoulder and I pushed him off.

?Remember, no physical contact. So, get your butt off the ground and let?s go.?

Ash nodded and followed me towards the long hill that led to Pewter City. We practically rolled over ourselves going down it, and then arrived at the Pokemon Center. Ash ran around like a maniac trying to find a boat so we could get to New Island, and I slapped him across the face.

?We don?t even know where New Island is, and even if it?s in the ocean.? I walked up to the pink-haired lady behind the counter and smiled. ?Hi, we?re looking for the place known as New Island. Do you know where it might be?? I asked happily.

?Yes, New Island is out in the middle of the ocean. To get there you?ve got to leave Cinnabar City and arrive near the Seafoam Islands.? Her voice was flat, almost like a robot?s, and her eyes seemed far off; distant.

?Um, okay. Thanks,? I said and started out again. Ash followed me and I unexpectedly tripped into the mud in front of the Pokemon Center. It splashed all over my white outfit and I sighed. ?Great, just perfect. How could this day get any worse??

?Don?t say that; it always does get worse if you say that,? Ash said, and I sighed. Charmander helped pull me out of the mud and I thanked him. ?Charmander, you need to go back into your PokeBall. If you stay out too long you might have your tail flame blown out.?

I took out the PokeBall and a red flash took him back inside. Bulbasaur just smiled and played around in the water. I took my spear in my left hand and jabbed it into the ground in the shade of the Pokemon Center. I leaned against the wall and waited for the rain to stop.

?I don?t think it?s logically possible for the rain to just stop while you?re sitting there,? Ash said.

?I don?t think it?s logically possible for you to shut up,? I shot back.

?Yeah, I guess that?s true.?

Suddenly a huge bird came down from the sky. It had large wings; each about a couple feet across. On its head was a long strand of red, yellow, and brown hair. It had all the regular features of birds like talons and a beak, but was several feet taller than me.

?Pidgeot!? it yelled.

Ash took out his Pokedex. ?Pidgeot, the Bird Pokemon, it spreads its gorgeous wings wide to intimidate the enemies. It races through the sky at Mach-2 speed.?

Ash gasped. ?Mach-2 speed? That?s better than?? he stopped to count on his fingers. ??Mach-1 speed!?

I rolled my eyes once more. ?Well, Pidgeot, can you carry us to New Island?? I asked it, and Pidgeot smiled and nodded. It leaned down, and I swung my leg over its side and sat on it. Ash did as well (after a few failed attempts). Pidgeot spread out its wings and lifted off, speeding towards the sea.

---
    ?This is so awesome!? I yelled over the wind. Waves splashed below us, and the clouds poured down more rain than ever. I stroked Pidgeot?s head and looked ahead. Waves were lapping against a large gray tower-like structure. The highest part of it had a large propeller on it, which was rotating slowly.

?We?ve got to get there, Pidgeot,? I told it, and it flapped even harder to catch up to the various Pokemon which were swimming towards the island. They all looked very determined. ?Seems like someone was trying to hold them back from going to New Island or something,? I observed.

Pidgeot nodded, as if to say ?seems that way?.

Bulbasaur tapped my back. I was so alarmed I almost fell off. ?Ash, I thought you returned your toad thing!? I yelled. ?It almost gave me a heart attack!?

Ash shrugged. ?Sorry.?

I turned back to New Island and peered ahead. ?It looks like people are already arriving there. Pidgeot, you?ve got to come with us. We can?t stand our own in there. We?re just beginner trainers.?

Pidgeot nodded again.

---

Around ten minutes later, we arrived at New Island. Pidgeot landed softly, one talon at a time, and both Ash and I got down. Other trainers were being greeted by the same woman we had seen on the hologram.

Pidgeot followed us inside the large brass door and into a large room which looked a lot like a banquet hall. Trainers were sitting at tables with their Pokemon, and talking about how they had gotten to New Island and their strategies to win against their rivals.

I seated myself at an empty table, and looked around. There were Pokemon like Venusaur, which looked like a giant Bulbasaur with a flower on its back. There were also basic Pokemon like Krabby, which was a small red crab.

?Hello? Is there anyone who knows what we?re doing here?? I asked. As in response to my call, a light shone and down from it came a large purple cat-like creature. It was mostly whitish-purple, but at some spots it turned into deep purple. The creature had small flap-like ears, and a regular human face but with a longer snout. Its neck was connected to its back by a small C-shape piece of skin. Down near its chest it became very muscular and both of its hands had three spheres on them, which I assumed were its fingers. Its bottom half was a large purple tail, which curled like a cat?s. It also had two large and powerful feet with another three spheres on them.

<Hello, humans,> it said in telepathy. <I have invited you all here. I am the one who challenged you to a Pokemon battle.>

~~
    Oh my, here comes the tournament master! Whatever will Ash and Vanyx do against such a huge Pokemon? Tune in next time to find out!

H-Man #89995

Are you reading this? Don't!
    Years
    Wow, mysterious! And either Ash is getting it or something weird is going on in that part when Vanyx notices the cave. Don't get it though.

And now it's straight to the action!

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Oh, the together thing? Because he's got a childhood crush on her =P I didn't think it was possible for him to go through without having a crush to urge him along. Read the spoiler below if you want to know a secret *SPOIL SPOIL*

[SPOIL=In the sixth addition Ash falls in love with Latias and Vanyx falls in love with Latios, and the two join theiir team even though they don't fight a lot. That's how Ash survives after that ^_^][/SPOIL]

Hopefully it worked...

DanyelleTheUmbreon

Danneh-Boyeh <3
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    MewTwo uses Telepathy O_O; *is stupid* I knew that anyways. Danyelles Ratings(which I use on most good because a lot of people I know have goooood Fics)

Chapter ONe: GOOD
    Chapter two: GOOD
    Chapter three: GOOD

Ash likes Vanyx? *Laughs out loud*

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    OK. Yes, Ash likes Vanyx. Like he liked Misty even though she was rude to him. Fun fun fun. Oh, and for your eeveerulez form you should use Invisionfree, it's good and I can supply skins for you to use ^_^

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    It ain't spammin' Danyelle, I asked to see it ^^ I am working on the next chapter so it should be up pretty soon. Thanx for the comment, Crazy 4 Pokemon.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I'm writing the chapter right now, so expect it in ten or fifteen minutes. But I might have to eat dinner first so...it might be about half an hour or so.

EDITNESS--I have to go to bed -_-;; so it'll be up tomorrow.
    Never mind! *posts next chappie*

Last edited:

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Well, here's the long awaited next chappie. Uh, thanks Danyelle? ^^;

Chapter 4

"You can't challenge us to a Pokemon battle! You are a Pokemon!" Ash yelled. As if to prove this he took out his Pokedex. "Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokemon, no further information is available." The screen was blurred with static and Mewtwo smirked, the ugly expression making even Pidgeot cower in fear. I walked up to it.

"Look, my friend here says you're not allowed to challenge us to a Pokemon battle since you are one. Now I may be new at Pokemon, but I'm sure that's the rule. Now, what exactly are you trying to AAH!" I was cut off in mid-sentence by the Mewtwo's hand waving through the air. A blue light surrounded it, and the same light surrounded me. As if by some invisible force, I was slammed back into the wall.

Everything blurred for a moment, like I had just woken up. Mewtwo laughed in my head. <Foolish human. You should know better than to talk back to me. I am the embodiment of perfectness, the one and only, the true Mewtwo! Now stop your foolish ranting, and let me show you where we are going to battle.>

Ash rushed over to me and held up my head, as I had slumped back against the wall. He put his hand under my head and his other hand under my back, and tried to help lift me up. Pidgeot grabbed my leg with its talons and flapped heavily, trying to get me to stand upright. After a few tries I stood up, and leaned against the wall for support.

I put my hand behind my head, feeling a liquid there. Blood. It was slowly seeping down my neck, but I didn't mind that. I just looked through my blurred vision at Mewtwo. "You…you're just…" I didn't finish my sentence. My voice wasn't working; maybe that bump had injured more than I thought. I looked back; there was a small dent in the wall. The other humans were too surprised to care.

"Vanyx…you're gonna be OK, right?" asked Ash. I smiled; maybe he really did care.

"Yeah, I'll be OK. Don't worry your little head."

Mewtwo turned around psychically, but looked at me in the corner of his eye. I saw a glint there…one of care? Or was it hope? Hope…that I was OK? I managed to start walking, and caught up to Mewtwo. The other trainers followed, not exactly caring if he was a Pokemon. They just wanted their prize after the tournament.

"M….Mewtwo…" I choked out. "Mewtwo…when you looked at me…" I let him read the rest of my sentence from my mind. Did you really care?

<I…> Mewtwo started. Then he turned back to where he was going and continued floating.

Hmm, I thought. Maybe…maybe he's good after all.

Mewtwo lifted his hand again, and the two large steel doors in front of us slid open slowly. Ahead of us lay a large brown battlefield, covered with dirt. Above the field were tons of stars…but…it was just daytime five minutes ago…wasn't it? Or had Mewtwo psychically manipulated the rotation of the earth?

Around the battlefield were tons of bleachers, though no one seemed to be sitting in them. Mewtwo levitated to the other side of the field, and smirked again. <Now; who wants to be first in battling me?> asked Mewtwo.

One kid with bushy brown hair and a red headband on his head, wearing a brown shirt and red shorts stepped up. "I will. Go, Shellshocker!" A huge turtle stepped up next to him. On its back were two steel cannons, and it had a large brown shell below the cannons. The five-foot tall turtle smiled, and looked at Mewtwo thinking it would win.

"Shellshocker, use your Hydro Pump!" yelled the kid. Two blasts of water shot out of the cannon and rushed at Mewtwo. Mewtwo lifted his hand, and the same blue aura surrounded it. The blue aura surrounded the Hydro Pump and turned it back at the Pokemon, hitting it right in the face. It seemed unphased, however, and continued shooting water at Mewtwo, each attack coming back at it with even greater force than it had when it had been shot.

I plopped down on the side of the battlefield, and crossed my legs. A Pokemon like that…its psychic power is amazing. I've got to research him farther.

After many blasts, the creature named Shellshocker seemed exhausted. The expression on its face was one of exhaustion, and it slammed down onto the field. Mewtwo smiled evilly. It lifted Shellshocker psychically, and slammed it onto the ground.

"You can't do that!" yelled the kid. "My Blastoise can't take that much! It's already fainted!"

Mewtwo's eyes hardened. <I can do whatever I want with your Pokemon, fool.>

"No! Shellshocker!"

One black PokeBall with a peculiar symbol on it flew through the air. It hit the Blastoise, and immediately a black light sucked him inside. <Your Pokemon…are mine.>

I gasped. "I might not know that much about Pokemon, but I know that it's not fair to capture other trainer's Pokemon!" I yelled.

Mewtwo started to lift his hand, but then dropped it at his side. <You do not understand,> he said sadly. I could hear a faint sadness in his voice. <You…you shall see why I am doing this very soon. Stay calm, Vanyx, I would not capture your Pokemon.>

He…he does care about me! I thought. He…it can't be that he has a crush on me, can it?

The kid, whom some other kid called Andrew, continued protesting until finally, Mewtwo lifted him up with psychic abilities, and threw him to the bleachers. Andrew sat there, unconscious.

<Who's next?> asked the psychic Pokemon.

"I am," said another kid. She had long green hair and fingerless gloves on, and wore an orange and black jumpsuit. "Go, FruitFruit!" From behind her rose a huge dinosaur Pokemon. It looked meanly at Mewtwo and started its attack. White particles from the air started drawing to its large pink flower, located on the Pokemon's back. "Now, Solarbeam!" the trainer yelled, and a huge white light erupted from the flower. It headed towards Mewtwo, and he smiled once more as the familiar blue aura surrounded the attack and turned it against FruitFruit, hitting him in the face.

"Oh no, Venusaur!" the trainer yelled, and ran over to Venusaur. He collapsed and his four legs spread out under him. The trainer stroked Venusaur sadly, but she was also thrown against the bleachers as another black Pokeball sucked Venusaur into it. The PokeBall disappeared, and Ash started to protest.

"No, Ash, your Pokemon will just be captured again," I said, putting my hand on his arm. He sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right; and if that Pokemon was the fully evolved form of my little Bulbasaur, I won't stand a chance," Ash said, holding out his Pokedex and then putting it into his pocket. "Plus, Charmander's the same stage as Bulbasaur, so that wouldn't be good either."

Pidgeot flew over, and screeched at me. I nodded. "But…what if you get caught?" I asked.

Pidgeot lowered its eyes, as if to say That's a risk I'm willing to take.

I nodded. "OK."

Mewtwo's eyes searched the remaining trainers. <Anyone else?> he asked.

"Yes. I want to challenge you, Mewtwo." Ash stepped up and pointed outwards. "Pidgeot, use your Wing Attack!"

Pidgeot flew towards Mewtwo with its wings spread wide. Mewtwo lifted his hand once more and psychically lifted Pidgeot higher. Pidgeot twirled around and then smashed into the ground headfirst.

"Pidgeot!" Ash yelled, running to it. "Are you OK?"

Pidgeot weakly nodded. However it was too late; the black PokeBalls were already filtering out. They levitated to each Pokemon which was standing near the battlefield. The black lights started sucking them in one by one.

"No!" arose the cry from several trainers. "You can't take our Pokemon from us!"

<Oh yes I can,> said Mewtwo happily. That was it. I had had it.

"You can't do this, Mewtwo!" I yelled.

Mewtwo looked at me long and hard. I stared at him as well. Five minutes had passed and we were still looking at each other. Mewtwo dropped his hand, and sighed. <Vanyx…I am sorry.> the blue aura formed around me and his hand, and I smashed back into the wall. <I really would have liked to have had you in my wonderful home. But…I now see I cannot.>

A wonderful pink aura burst from the clouds and reached down towards the battlefield. Out of it traveled a small pink cat. She was only as big as one of Mewtwo's hands but her tail was as long as she was. The pink light stopped when she reached the ground, and she rose up into the air to look Mewtwo in the eye. Her eyes showed a frightfully mad, yet careless emotion.

<Mewtwo…> she said in a wonderfully sweet voice that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once. <This is insanity.>

AN/Keeps you in suspense, huh? ^_^

Last edited:

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    AN/Man, no reviews. I?m going to be starting a PM list so tell me if you want to be on it!

Chapter 5

Mewtwo stared at the pink cat for a while. She stared at him, looking as though she was his mother or sister. <Mewtwo?I cannot believe you would do something as foolish as this. When I trusted you with this position, I assumed you would use it for good, not capture everyone?s Pokemon like this.>

Mewtwo tossed his head aside. <Mew, I was never happy to be in this position. I was told that humans use me as their slave. I once thought I could work with a human and harness my powers, but I realized soon after that I was wrong. Humans can never work with Pokemon.>

?That?s wrong, Mewtwo,? I said, getting up slowly. Even more blood was pouring down my back, making my white shirt a deep red. I slowly walked up to him and stared up into his icy blue eyes. ?Pokemon are considered equal to humans by many. They help us and we help them. That?s just how it is.?

Mew flew over to me, and placed one hand on my head. The blood stopped seeping down my shirt, and immediately I felt better. I checked my shirt and no red was visible anywhere. ?Thanks Mew,? I said happily.

<You deserved it. One of such high courage as you?maybe together we could stop Mewtwo.>

I nodded. ?Mewtwo, you need to stop this. You can?t go around capturing people?s Pokemon; it?s not right and it?s unfair to them and to you.?

Mewtwo turned his head to watch me carefully. He didn?t want to hurt me, I could tell. But I couldn?t love him, not after what he had put me through. I had never even loved him in the first place.

Mewtwo watched Mew then, staring hardly. I took this opportunity and grabbed Ash?s arm, then ran out of the battlefield. I looked around wildly inside the large castle. ?There?s got to be something in here that can stop Mewtwo!? I whined. Ash leaned against the wall.

?Like what?? he asked.

?Like?I don?t know, something that will weaken him or something like that.?

?Yeah, OK, Mewtwo just keeps all the things that can weaken him in his own house, where he invited hundreds of trainers to battle him. I believe that.?

?Well he?s got to have some weakness.?

?You, duh; didn?t you see how he stopped when you were talking to him??

?You don?t get this, Ash. I DON?T HAVE A CRUSH ONHIM! HE HAS A CRUSH ON ME! AND I DON?T WANT TO SPEND MY DAYS LIVING IN SOME OLD CASTLE WITH A DEMENTED POKEMON!? I yelled, shaking him.

?OK, OK!? Ash said, holding his hands up. ?I get it. Gee, yell in my ear why don?t ya??

?I can.?

?I was being rhetorical.?

?I wasn?t.?

Ash backed away a little. I could tell he knew I was about to punch him. By accident, he bumped into some machinery or whatever. It looked like one of those little treadmills, only the conveyor belt on the treadmill was moving like an actual conveyor belt. The black PokeBalls were filtering from the conveyor belt into the wall, or at least a hole in the wall. I turned around and saw that the PokeBalls were coming out from another hole in the wall, and above the door was a huge silhouette of each Pokemon on a greenish screen.

?Oh, oh! I know that one! That?s a Sycther!? Ash yelled like a maniac. I slapped him across the face, leaving a red mark.

?Pull yourself together, man!? I yelled. ?Mewtwo could come after us any minute!?

Ash sighed. ?OK. I?ll stop my insane guessing game.?

I nodded. ?I would appreciate that.? I walked over to the black PokeBalls and picked it up, feeling the leathery texture in my hands. I pressed the small silver button in the middle which split the PokeBall into two hemispheres. In the same blinding flash of black, Blastoise appeared. ?Blast!? it yelled.

?Hiya, Shellshocker!? I said happily. ?OK, let?s see what else we got.?

I picked another PokeBall up off of the conveyor belt and released the Pokemon inside. This one was the same large dinosaur Pokemon I had seen earlier. It was the Venusaur named FruitFruit.

?Vena!? it yelled, slamming down its foot.

?This is fun,? I giggled, and sent out one more. It was a large butterfly, around three feet. It flapped its enormous white wings and flew around yelling, ?Free! Free!? I smiled happily. ?Well if that isn?t the cutest thing I?ve ever seen.?

Ash was practically falling over laughing. ?What?!? I asked. ?I?m allowed to like butterflies, aren?t I??

Ash shook his head.

?Shut up, moron.?

Butterfree alit on the conveyor belt and smiled, although it had no mouth. Its eyes showed that it was very delighted. ?Free, free!? it yelled again, and I put one finger to my lips to quiet it down. I held out my spear, almost forgetting that I had it. ?If any of you are loud you?ll have to answer to this,? I said. The Pokemon immediately quieted down and I smiled. ?Good, you understand. All right, let?s get to work.? I ran over to the other hole in the wall.

?Wow; come over here Ash, you won?t believe this!? I said. Ash ran over, and his eyes filled with the same scary kind of fear that mine had upon seeing them. Lined up across the wall were hundreds of tubes, each one filled with a copy of a Pokemon inside of it. Strange markings dotted the life forms and they appeared to be asleep as orange bubbles filled the tube.

?What are they?? Ash asked.

?Pokemon, you dufus! Or at least copies of Pokemon?? Then it hit me. Mewtwo. A?clone?

?Ash?Mewtwo?s a clone of Mew. And he?s trying to take over the world or something with all the clones from the Pokemon he captured. It is insanity! He?s trying to take over the world with a ton of cloned Pokemon!? I yelled. Unfortunately, just then Blastoise, Venusaur, and Butterfree started yelling because I had, and ran around like total maniacs.

?Stop it, you guys!? I said in a hushed whisper. ?We have to go fight Mewtwo again.?

They all quieted down, and I walked by the tubes, touching each one. ?He probably has all the Pokemon in the world here,? I muttered. Then I spotted something even more interesting. In three separate tubes were a large icy blue bird, which had an amazingly long tail, a thunder yellow bird with wings that seemed to be filled with sharp edges, and a red fiery bird that had its wings on fire. They were sleeping, but they seemed to be better than the other Pokemon from their looks.

?Ash?come here,? I said quietly. He obeyed. ?Take out your Pokedex,? I commanded, and he did so. ?Now analyze these three Pokemon.?

Ash held out his Pokedex, and it clicked on. First was the ice bird. ?Articuno, the Freeze Pokemon, Articuno is a legendary bird Pokemon that can control ice. The flapping of its wings chills the air. As a result, it is said that when this Pokemon flies, snow will fall.?

?Now the thunder one.?

?Zapdos, the Electric Pokemon, Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokemon that has the ability to control electricity. It usually lives in thunderclouds. The Pokemon gains power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.?

?The fire one.?

?Moltres, the Flame Pokemon, Moltres is a legendary bird Pokemon that has the ability to control fire. If this Pokemon is injured, it is said to dip its body in the molten magma of a volcano to burn and heal itself.?

?Interesting,? I said. ?Legendary bird Pokemon would probably be strong enough to stop Mewtwo. Should we find the originals?? I asked. Ash nodded.

?But how do we know which ones are the legendary bird?s PokeBalls??

?I don?t know, just pick them up and release them.?

Ash nodded once more, and threw a PokeBall from the conveyor belt onto the floor. By amazing luck, the PokeBall burst open to reveal Moltres. It started screeching wildly, flying around the castle and making a riot.

?Moltres, calm down!? I yelled. ?It?s OK; we?re here to help you. Can you help us defeat Mewtwo? He?s the one that captured you. He?s evil.?

Moltres calmed down for a little while, landed on the floor, and tossed its head which had flames growing out of it. From the way it looked Moltres had nodded to me. It must have been observing human behavior from where it rested in the clouds.

I picked another PokeBall, and threw it. Man, this was my lucky day. Zapdos appeared, and electricity sparkled from one wing to the other. I told him the same exact thing, and he nodded as well.

Ash threw the last one, and it opened to reveal Articuno, the legendary ice Pokemon. The same exact thing happened, and I went up to Articuno. By far it was the most beautiful, and its ice blue feathers reflected in the light. ?Articuno?do you think I could ride you?? I asked. Articuno seemed to be thinking, and then nodded.

I smiled (REALLY wide, mind you), and Articuno leaned down. I swung my leg over her back, and mounted in between her wings. She unfurled her wings and flapped into the air, then fired an icy beam at the door, freezing it. She nodded to Moltres, and she opened her mouth. From the back of her throat came a huge spiral of flames; this hit the door and melted the ice, breaking the fragile door as well into a million pieces.

Ash boarded Moltres and she rose into the air as well, flapping her enormous fire-covered wings towards the battlefield.

Mewtwo was enveloped in a blue ball of light, and Mew was enveloped in a pink one. They were hitting each other with the spheres, neither seeming to be winning. Articuno turned her head to look at me. <This is the one?> she asked in telepathy.

?You can talk?? I asked.

<Yes. I do not talk to humans who are not worthy though. Since you released me from that wretched thing,> Articuno stretched her wings as if to prove how truly terrible the PokeBall was. <I am forever in your debt. Now?the one in the blue light; is he the one?>

?Yep. We need to defeat him; he?s gone crazy with creating clones.?

Articuno nodded. Moltres and Zapdos rose into the air, and the trainers still below watched the legendary birds fly through the air, in awe of being in the presence of such rare Pokemon.

<Mewtwo! This must stop!> Articuno yelled.

Mewtwo turned to Articuno. <So Vanyx, you managed to release the original Pokemon. No matter.>

Mewtwo?s psychic powers lifted Articuno high into the air, and then slammed her down onto the battlefield. I clutched her feathers as to not be completely shattered by the blow. ?Articuno, are you all right?? I asked.

<No,> she choked out.

AN/ I?m working on the next chapter already! Boy is this fun!

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    AN/ I feel like writing today! Oh yes I do.

Chapter 6

"Articuno, are you all right?" I asked.

<No,> she choked out. <I'm very weak. I do not think I can battle…but I will try. For the fate of the world!> she yelled in her melodious voice. She tried flapping her wings, and barely managed to lift into the air once more. <Zapdos…take him from the left!> she barked out to the electric legendary. Zapdos nodded. His wings started crackling with electricity, and he glided with effortless ease over to Mewtwo's left.

<Moltres…take him from the right!> Moltres nodded, and rose to slide over to Mewtwo's right. Articuno glided over to where Mew was positioned, and gasped. She couldn't take much more of this fighting. I stroked her head sadly.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," I said to her. She smiled.

<It's not your fault, Vanyx,> she said.

"Wait, how did you know my name?" I asked.

<I can't very well ignore the kid on Moltres, can I?> she asked. I turned my attention to Ash.

"Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx Vanyx," he was repeating over and over. I rolled my eyes.

"OK Articuno, do you have the strength for a strong ice attack like you did with the door?" I asked. She nodded. <I can manage to freeze him for a little while, but not long.>

"All right, I think I have an idea. Tell Moltres that she has to envelop the entire sphere in flames."

Articuno relayed my message telepathically to Moltres. Mewtwo was still clashing with Mew's sphere, and was paying no mind to us. Moltres released flames from her mouth, and they covered the blue sphere.

"Now quick, use your Blizzard attack, Articuno!" I yelled. Articuno flapped her enormous wings and ice covered the sphere. It cracked and shattered, and Mew took this opportunity to slam into Mewtwo with mind-bending power.

Mewtwo screamed. He screamed and screamed and screamed. The sound echoed throughout everyone's mind, and nearly made me explode in pain. I was holding my ears, even though I knew that wouldn't keep out the sound.

After nearly three minutes, Mewtwo stopped screaming and started panting. Mew circled him, letting her sphere down. She looked like she wanted him to be all right…

<Mew…why must you do this to me?> he asked in pure agony.

<Because you are doing the wrong thing,> she answered. <You can't just clone Pokemon and have them take over the world. You do have a purpose, Mewtwo; you just have to figure it out. But this is not the answer.>

Mewtwo looked like he would subside. His icy blue eyes showed softness, like he cared about what Mew said. He floated to the ground, and his feet gently touched the ground. Mew did the same, and looked up at her clone. <So…will you do it? Will you stop this madness for the good of everyone?>

Mewtwo considered.

<No.> He launched a black sphere with electricity sparkling around it towards Mew. It collided with her pink fur, and she screeched. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth was open, as she was yelling with sound and not telepathically.

"Mew!" I yelled.

<We can't help her now!> Articuno said. <She has regenerative powers; she can heal herself. Right now we have to defeat Mewtwo.>

Zapdos fired repetitive bursts of electricity at Mewtwo. They ran up and down his body, looking like electric spirals. He shook it off, however, and looked at Zapdos evilly. <You shall pay for your insolent foolishness,> Mewtwo said darkly, and threw yet another black sphere at Zapdos. It had the same effect on Zapdos as it did on Mew, and he fell to the ground. A couple trainers ran over to Zapdos and stroked it, trying to encourage him to get up.

<Zapdos!> Articuno yelled. <Oh…no matter, we must defeat this tyrant!> She fired a couple of beams of ice at Mewtwo, but he simply burst them into flames. Articuno jerked her head visibly, and sighed. <I do not believe we are strong enough. We need something of mass destruction.>

"Should we go back to that room I released you at?" I asked.

<Yes…maybe there is a strong Pokemon in there,> Articuno said. She lowered herself to the ground. <I am not strong enough…I shall rest here…> Articuno closed her eyes and lay on the ground.

I nodded, and dismounted, running towards the broken door. I hopped over several pieces of door and scrambled to the PokeBalls, which were still filtering in like crazy. I grabbed one and threw it, and in the black light appeared a huge red dragon Pokemon. It had two large blue wings, and a swishing tail with a flame at the end of it. It roared, and I shushed it.

"OK, I need you to help me defeat the Pokemon that captured you," I told it. It nodded, and flew out to the battlefield to start attacking Mewtwo. Moltres had fallen next to Articuno, and Zapdos was barely holding up. Ash ran next to me and panted. "What…Pokemon…did…you…choose?" he asked. I pointed to the dragon and he held out his Pokedex. I rolled my eyes.

"Charizard, the Flame Pokemon, Charizard flies around the sky in search of powerful opponents. It breathes fire of such great heat that it melts anything. However, it never turns its fiery breath on any opponent weaker than itself."

"Well that's dumb," I said. "I would melt anything."

"Well, Charizard doesn't," Ash protested.

"Charizard, go get Mewtwo!" I yelled. Charizard nodded and flew after the psychic Pokemon. However, Charizard fell like the others: easily.

"What can stop this thing?" I asked.

Mewtwo and Mew lowered themselves to the ground. Mew clashed into Mewtwo and Mewtwo clashed into Mew. Mewtwo smiled. <Now, let me introduce yourselves to my little friends,> he said, and out of thin air appeared the clones we had seen in the tubes.

<I…I can't fight them all…> Mew whined. <There are too many! I'll never be able to defeat them all!>

"We've got to try!" I yelled. "We can't give up! Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, go get him!" I yelled. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres barely gathered the strength to rise into the air, but no more. They looked truly exhausted.

The clone Pokemon rushed at the exhausted original Pokemon, and started slapping them silly and hurting them. Ash clung to me. "Get off me, moron," I said. Even in the face of nearly two hundred Pokemon I still hated him getting on me like a baby.

"Bulbasaur, go!" Ash yelled, throwing his PokeBall.

"Like that'll help," I retorted.

"We've got to try, remember?" he asked.

"Oh yeah; now that's what I'm talking about." I threw the PokeBall containing Charmander. He popped out in a flash of light, and squealed.

"Tackle, Bulbasaur!"

"Ember, Charmander!"

The two Pokemon rushed at Mewtwo. Bulbasaur threw its tiny body at the psychic Pokemon, and Charmander released small flames from its mouth. Neither scratched Mewtwo.

"How…is it possible…we can't beat him!" I subsided.

"Our attacks aren't doing a thing!" Ash concluded.

"Mew…you've got to help somehow," I whined. I don't normally like whining, but this wasn't the time to mess around.

<I…I cannot…> Mew's large blue eyes were filled with tears. <I have no way to defeat my clone…>

Mewtwo smirked. <Yes; you cannot defeat me!> he yelled. <I am the almighty Pokemon! I AM MEWTWO!>

I grabbed my spear, which had been hooked in my belt. I slid it out, and rushed at Mewtwo with it. The spear's sharp point was aimed towards Mewtwo. Of course, like I had predicted, he lifted me psychically and slammed me back against the wall. I continued doing this for a great many times, until my head felt like it would fall off.

I collapsed against the wall.

"Vanyx!" I heard Ash yell. He ran over and put his hand under my head and his other one under my back like he had last time. Mewtwo lifted me into the air, and slammed me against the middle of the battlefield. Mew rushed over to me with Ash following.

<She's...very close to unconsciousness,> I heard Mew say before I passed out.

---
    (Remember, Vanyx is dead so I'll be writing normal POV)

Ash's eyes filled with tears. "She's not unconscious. She's…she's…" He hung his head and started crying. Mew sighed, and circled around Vanyx.

<There is nothing I can do. I have power over life, but death…that belongs to…> Mew didn't finish.

<What have you done?> she asked Mewtwo. <Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres…and Vanyx…you've killed them all.>

Mewtwo showed no signs of sorrow or regret. He simply turned his head, and watched his clones defeat the original Pokemon. <I do not mind. They are not close to me.>

<How…can…you…say…that?> Mew asked, a scary tone in her voice.

<Because they are not any of my concern.>

<Then maybe…I am.> Mew picked up Vanyx's spear, and held it close to her heart. She closed her eyes. <For the life of Vanyx, I will give myself. Maybe you shall reconsider after my body lay on the ground, tattered and broken and covered with blood.>

Mewtwo turned his head sharply. <No, wait Mew!>

Mew dropped the spear. <Shall you reconsider?>

AN/ Suspenseful….yayness.

Back