• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    This is an academy fic that I wrote in Bulbagarden, I hope it does well here as well, the fic tells us the adventures of Reggie Damon and his friend as they attend a Pokemon Academy, but one day Reggie receives a very special Pokemon, what could it be.

Pokémon Academy: Dragon's Roar
    Prologue: On that Stormy Night
    Inside a small arena cheering could be heard as people were looking down at the battle taking place. Down in the Pokémon arena there were two trainers standing at separate ends, along with a Phamby as small elephant colored in blue, it had a large pair of ears but its nose was small. Who seemed as if it was about to collapse and a Rhyhorn a big rhinoceros like Pokémon covered in a metallic armor; which was preparing to charge forward.

"So, are you gonna keep battling, or do I have to finish you off?" one of the trainers asked. He was wearing a yellow long sleeved jacket with black lightning marks on the back. He had a pair of yellow pants and was wearing a black t-shirt under his jacket. He had a straight black hair and a smirk on his face that showed how confident he was. "Because Rhyhorn is waiting for my next order."

"I'm not giving up, you can count on that, even if I suck in this battle," the boy on the other side panted. Apparently tired as well. He was wearing a long sleeved red jacket along with a red pair of pants and black sneakers. He had a black undershirt on and a messy black hair. His face was full of doubt as if he was uncomfortable or not confident enough. "Phamby, we can still do this, we didn't come to this academy only to lose!" the boy called out as his Phamby nodded. "Roll Out!"

"Charging forward I see," the other boy grinned as he extended his hand. "Rhyhorn, Body Slam," He ordered as the Rhyhorn charged forward, both of the Pokémon crashed against each other each holding the other back to see who gave up first. "It's futile." The boy shook his head as Rhyhorn simply pushed Phamby aside making it bounce on the floor as it fell unconscious.

"Phamby is unable to battle, the conclusion of this battle between Reggie Damon and Jack Harman end with Jack's victory," the referee called out pointing a red flag to the kid wearing the yellow uniform who was obviously Jack.

In an instant a bunch of other teenagers wearing the same uniform started jumping from the stands and ran over to Jack so that they could congratulate him. Reggie looked back at his group who just got up from their seats and started walking out. He fell something wet hitting his face. "Damn it, not now," he grunted as it started raining. He turned to his right to see Jack and his friends run off while the rain fell on Reggie like there was no end to it. "Not another loss." He sighed putting his hands inside his pocket as he started walking out of the arena.

This is Reggie Damon a student from the Charizard Flame Dorm who goes Pokémon Element Academy a prestigious academy for trainers who seek to improve their skills in battling, coordinating, breeding or Pokémon science. The academy is famous for all the great students that come in and come out to become great people in the Pokémon World; because of this the school has a lot of funds and it's one of the best Pokémon Academies in the world.

The academy itself is located in an island far from any of the other regions in the Pokémon World; this island is surrounded by a small archipelago of islands that belong to the school itself mostly for recreational motives. Students come from all over the world to this remote island, because it's far away from any city or region people live in the school and in itself the school seems to be like a city to the students.

The school is divided into five dorms, each dorm representing a Pokémon and an element; the students in each dorm are classified for their wills, if a student has the will of a great battler and aims to become so they'll be put in Charizard Flame. Students that have grace and want to either become Coordinators or Doctors go into Roselia Grass.

For students that want to become breeders or aim to be gymleaders are put in Pikachu Thunder. As for students that want to be scientist and students who are aiming to become pro instead of travelling and competing like normal trainers are put in either Blastoise Aqua or Houndoom Dark.

Each dorm has its own building in a different corner of the island, all of the dorms are linked through the main building which looks like a giant white castle with different elemental symbols on the insignia through a transparent tube, student's can take the tube and travel through the building or the dorm through a special cart that's on the rails in the tube.

The school also comes with their own Pokémon stadiums for students to battle, as well as their own training field and coordination dome.

Reggie Damon is one of the students that goes to this academy, having been announced as a Charizard Flame as soon as he came to the school he thought he was do for great things; until things took a turn for the worst. Reggie comes from Littleroot town in Hoenn and like most students in the academy his family had to save money for four years so that they could afford to send Reggie to the academy; luckily his student fee is gonna be paid off by working in different jobs around the academy throughout his first year as well as taking classes.

Reggie himself isn't a strong trainer, he only has three Pokémon due to the fact that he started his journey at eleven but gave up before he could even get his first badge. He tried to compete in other leagues but every time he lost at least once he gave up; thus making himself think he was useless. He decided to go to the academy because he thought it would make him a better trainer; only to find out he was wrong.

It's been a month since classes started and since the dorms have friendly matches to see how the students are progressing Reggie decided to compete, unfortunately he has lost every single match he has participated in and due to his lack of skill and wins not a lot of people have opened up to him.

"I can't believe I lost again," Reggie sighed as he walked towards his dorm, deciding it would be better if he killed his anger with walking instead of making a fuss in the dorms. He looked around no one was around anymore since everyone went to their dorms as soon as they saw the rain fall. "Not just that but I still have to do my deliveries, this is gonna put a damper on my day," he felt the rain stop hitting him a she looked up to see a pink umbrella over his head. "You're still here?"

"You're saying it as if I was supposed to leave you here you idiot," a girl showed her face from behind Reggie, she had a long blond hair that was tied around into pig tails, a pair of blue eyes and a couple of dots around her face, she was wearing a Charizard Flame uniform except it was the one for the females composed of a long sleeved red jacket that wasn't as long as the guys, and a short red skirt, she was wearing a white shirt under the jacket. "You'll catch a cold if you stay under the rain for too long." She said as the two started walking.

"Yeah, I just thought you left, I mean who would want to spend their afternoon with someone that can't even win one match," Reggie sighed looking away from the girl. "You're too kind to me Miko." He said with a pouted lip.

"You know what your problem is, you don't have confidence, how do you expect to win without it," Miko frowned while looking at Reggie who backed away a little from her. "You're a Charizard Flame, you need confidence I mean that's one of the reasons why you were accepted in the dorm isn't it?"

"I like to think so," Reggie shrugged; honestly he didn't know how he could get into Charizard Flame; although over the course of the month he thought of various reasons, the best one he came up with was the fact that he didn't qualify or wasn't skilled enough for any of the other dorms. "Why do you care anyways?" he asked.

"I like you Reggie, you're different from the others, you're not hotheaded, although it would help you a bit," Miko chuckled as she looked over at Reggie for a sec. "Listen, if you just focused more instead of giving up when things don't go your way then everything will get better, you'll see," she smiled and raised her finger.

"You say that, but can you back it up," Reggie frowned; he was really getting tired of Miko always saying things to try and get him to feel better. "It's been a month since the year starter and you're the only one I'm friends with and the only reason we met is because I asked you for a pencil while we were in class."

"And then you fell over your chair, that was funny," Miko started laughing getting Reggie to frown, during the first day of school Reggie had forgotten his pencil and thus had to ask for one once Miko was about to give it to him he tried to reach it but his chair slipped from the floor and caused him to fall off; ever since then the two have been friends. "I have to be around you so that you don't do any stupid stuff."

"You're blunt," Reggie and Miko both stopped as they looked at their dorm buildings. There were two buildings one was a four story building colored with red and white painting and the other one was white with red painting. Between the two dorms there were two small bridges connecting them to a middle building that was shaped like a dome, Reggie and Miko could see through the windows of the dome, that was the dorms Pokémon Center and the place where the students usually hung out while not in their rooms. "Well, let's go in," Reggie and Miko both walked inside the building, the building looked like a normal Pokémon Center, the counter was in the center of the building and around it where various couches and seats. There was a small path leading to a restaurant on the corner and a flat screen TV on each side of the center.

"Weird, normally you don't find this place empty," Miko said as she put the umbrella back. "Not even Nurse Joy is here, she must've gone to pick something up by the main building," she pointed out and started walking towards the counter. "Good thing I asked her how to work this thing now we can heal your Pokémon." She jumped past the counter and went to the healing machine.

"Miko, should you really do that what if Nurse Joy comes in?" Reggie asked walking towards her with a scared look; he didn't want to get in trouble and make his day even worse. "I mean, we're students we're not supposed, are you listening to me damn it!" he yelled since Miko didn't seem to stop as she grabbed his pokeball belt. "Hey careful," Reggie grabbed onto his pants since his belt was the only thing that was keeping them up.

"It's not like there's a lot to see," Miko rolled her eyes as she looked at Reggie and then grabbed the three pokeballs on his belt and put them on the healing machine. "You just do this, and press this thing," she started putting the pokeballs in three different capsules and pressed the start button as the machine started to make a robotic sound while the pokeballs glowed. "See, now we only have to wait."

"You were right you do know how to use this thing," Reggie deadpanned while putting his pokeball belt back on.

"Yeah, well I'm never wrong," she shrugged with a silly smirk on her face as the pokeballs stopped glowing. "Okay, you're ready to go," she took the pokeballs out and gave them to Reggie. "Remember not to push your Pokémon to much next time."

"Now you're sounding just like Nurse Joy, if you like to do this why are you in Charizard Flame?" Reggie asked with a more content smile as he started putting the pokeballs back on his belt.

"I like healing, but I also like the feeling I get when I battle, it's just awesome, plus just because I graduate from battling it doesn't mean I can't learn healing as well," Miko pointed out while raising her finger; in away Miko was the perfect friend for Reggie because she never gave up and always pushed herself forward; therefore making the people around her do the same. "Anyways, I'm off, see ya tomorrow," she waved at him and started walking to the path on the left which led to the building that took straight into the white building which was the dorm for the girls.

"Sure," Reggie nodded his head and started walking to the right bridge that led to the boy's dorm which was the red building. The dorm itself was like an apartment complex, there was an elevator in the center of the building as were as two stair cases that on both sides of the building, the rest that was in the center were two sofas were people could sit down but not much. Reggie started climbing up the stairs since his room was in the first floor. "Okay, I'm just gonna pop one of those TV dinners and go do my deliveries then I can get some sleep," he walked to his room and opened the door. "Home sweet home away from home," he turned on the lights, the room was like an apartment room, it had a small counter on the center along with a mini fridge and a small microwave as well as an oven that looked like it hadn't been use. There was a small couch close to the wall with a TV in front, and a hallway that led to two rooms, Reggie was supposed to get a roommate but after a month they hadn't found anybody that would bunk with him.

A few minutes later Reggie eating a TV dinner that had macaroni and cheese as long with a chicken steak, he was watching some TV while his Pokémon were eating some Poke chow. He looked at his three Pokémon a Phamby a Pidgey and a small Azurill; neither of his Pokémon were big or strong to say the least, he was proud of his Pokémon but he wished they were better; although of course he knew it depended on the trainer for the Pokémon to get better. "I'm sorry guys, because of me, you got embarrassed again," he sighed.

His Pokémon looked at him with a comforting looked as they walked over to try and make him feel better. In truth they weren't mad that they lost they were just happy to have done their best and Reggie knew that even though he himself didn't know how to feel about it.

He turned to a picture that was on the desk where the lamp was. In the picture was Reggie and his family, his mom and dad who looked like they were in their early forties, his mom had a long brown hair that went down to her waist as well as a pair of blue eyes, in the picture she was wearing a long sleeved leather blue shirt along with a long white skirt, his dad like Reggie had a ruffled black hair and shared Reggie's black eyes, he was wearing a green shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

Reggie was wearing the school uniform because that was the day his uniform and they decided to take a picture, and there was also his little six year old sister, she looked like her mom having a short brown hair in two piggy tails and a pair of blue eyes, she was wearing a blue dress that looked like the ones dolls used. "I said I'll become better, so that they'll be proud, but I'm not doing a very good job am I," Reggie frowned and turned away from the picture. "I know there's something I can do, something to make myself better," he closed his eyes and started feeling the ground shake. "Is that an earthquake?" he asked himself as he got up.

He gasped when he saw some kind of red rock that was falling from the sky as it crashed with the floor; for a sec he thought he was going to die from the crash but it only caused a small explosion and a cloud of smoke. "I'll go check that out," was all he could say; knowing it was dangerous but his curiosity got the better of him as he ran out of his room.

He ran out of the dorms and started running towards where he saw the rock fall, he could still see the smoke coming out so it wasn't so hard. "Maybe it's a sign, that things will get better," he ran into the small forest running at full speed hoping no one else had gotten there first. And in a blink of an eye he got there standing in front of him was a giant red rock that was glowing from inside. "Is it a meteorite, are there aliens in there?" he asked himself as he started walking down, but back off when he saw the meteorite split in two. "Oh ****, they are aliens," he tried to run but he tripped and fell on his butt and could do nothing but watch as something walked out of the meteorite.

"No way…" he had a confused look on his face, in front of him was a small puppy like dragon, it had white fur all over its body along with a small tail; four legs that again looked more like a puppy's than a dragon's and a triangle like head, with a pair of crystalline eyes, he was giving Reggie a curious look while sticking his tongue out, honestly Reggie was dumbfounded who knew such a cute creature would come out of a meteorite. "Are you, a Pokémon?" he asked moving towards the creature.

"Chi." The small Pokémon looked at him with a smile as he jumped Reggie just caught it in his arms before the Pokémon started licking his face.

"I'll take that as yes." He deadpanned as he looked at the white dragon like Pokémon.

End of Prologue
    Next Chapter: Roommate

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Chapter 1: Roommate

A man was sitting on a big leather chair; he was sitting in his office looking out the window to see the rain pouring down on the island. His long black hair going down his body reaching his waist, he was wearing a grey robe like shirt along with a black tie. He had a pair of grey pants as well as a pair of brown moccasins that tapped on the floor making a noise that resembled that of a finger tapping on the floor.

The man gasped when he saw what looked like a large red meteor crashed over on the right corner of the island. His look wasn't one of amazement, but instead one of happiness as if that's what he wanted. "Looks like things are starting to get interesting around here," the man grinned looking over at his desk.

On a small purple pillow made out of silk was standing a small orange like orb, inside the orb it looked as if there was energy flowing a whirlpool like form. It was indeed a great sight to the eyes as the energy circled around in great balance. "Now we just wait for things to start." He glanced towards the window again and smiled brightly.

"So you're a Pokémon?" Reggie asked looking at the weird white drag Pokémon that was still licking his face. After he had manage to get his composure back Reggie started walking back to his dorm, hoping no one saw him with a strange looking Pokémon. "I'll take you back to my house and that way we can check on what you are." He exclaimed.

"Chi," the Pokémon looked over at Reggie with a curious smile. It was a cute little Pokémon, even if it was weird Reggie wouldn't think that he was weak.

Reggie got back to the entrance of his dorm; there was no one in the Pokémon Center; except for Nurse Joy, who had come back from her errand. "Oh hi Reggie." The nurse greeted him. Her soft pink hair that was done in two pigtails moving around along with her head, right now she was just wearing a jacket to protect herself from the rain; which meant she just made it back.

"Hey Nurse Joy." Reggie chuckled as he walked in. He put the Pokémon into his shirt right before he entered, even if it was still Nurse Joy he didn't want to try his luck at how she would react. "You're back, that's great," he nodded his head while giving her a smile. Nurse Joy just looked a Reggie with a curious look.

"Hey Reggie." She called out making Reggie stop dead on his tracks; scared of what could happen next. "I heard about your match today. Don't worry about losing, I know you'll win next time." She nodded her head while giving Reggie a grin.

"Thanks ma'm." Reggie turned his head halfway around with a small blush on his face. It wasn't so often that someone besides Miko actually tried to make him feel better about losing. He felt the Pokémon moving around his shirt it was uncomfortable with not being able to move around. Its hind legs coming out of his shirt; luckily because Reggie wasn't facing the nurse she hadn't notice but he was still alarmed.

"Anyways. Bye." Reggie waved at her and ran off.

Once Reggie got back to his room he dropped the Pokémon from his shirt, he was tired of it trying to shove its way out of his shirt so he just dropped it. "Sorry buddy but you have to be quieter." He sighed and kneeled down; the Pokémon turned its head to its right side and gave Reggie a smile. "Anyways, what Pokémon are you anyways."

The other Pokémon walked over to their new strange friend, Phanpy raised its nose in an approving fashion as it smiled at the Pokémon. While Pidgey and Azurill both looked hesitant about their new friend; mostly because of the fact they didn't know anything about it.

"Okay, let's see," Reggie walked back to his Pokémon, he was wearing a red strapped on watch around his left wrist, and on the watch was a screen that showed data on Pokémon. This was the Academy Dex, a special Pokedex handed down to the students in the Academy, it had data on all the Pokémon that were known to man as of yet. "Let's see if we can find you here," he pointed the watch to the Pokémon and started looking him up. "I need your name though, I've only heard you say chi since I found you."

"Chi…gon." The Pokémon looked at him with a confused look. It could understand Reggie enough to know what he was asking; although it still couldn't understand what he was doing.

"Chigon eh, that sounds like a simple name." Reggie nodded his head and started looking Chigon up in the Academy Dex.

No data found

Reggie looked at the screen; honestly he was expecting that since a Pokémon coming from a meteor is a rare sight. "Guess you're not in the list, that's cool." He smiled and petted Chigon. "It means I have my own unique Pokémon." He laughed as Chigon jumped him and started licking him. "Stop that," he laughed. "Okay. From today on, you're my Pokémon Chigon."

"Chi," Chigon nodded its head in agreement.

"Seriously, you're cool but you're kind of bothersome too." Reggie sighed; he was walking off from his towards the main building where the student's took classes. He wanted to take the tube but he didn't think people would let him go once they saw Chigon. Yep the little white dragon was out of its pokeball; although more like it didn't have a pokeball, Reggie spent most of the night trying to make him go into one but it just shook it off.

"I want you to be my Pokémon, but can't be out of your pokeball, and you can't follow me into class either." Reggie looked down at the dragon. The school had a rule that students couldn't take their Pokémon to class unless the Pokémon were in their pokeballs at all times.

"Hey, what Pokémon's that?" Reggie started jumping as he heard Miko running towards them from behind. He grabbed Chigon and put it inside his shirt.

"What Pokémon, I don't see any Pokémon." Reggie chuckled innocently, hoping Miko would fall for it.

"Come on, I'm not retarded," she grabbed Reggie's shirt and raised it making Chigon drop to the ground. She looked at the dragon Pokémon before smiling. "He's so cute!" she exclaimed grabbing it and started to hug it. "Where did you find it, what is it to begin with?' she asked.

"He's name is Chigon and I found him, well…" Reggie trailed off as he started to tell Miko the whole story on how he found Chigon, and about the meteor.

"Seriously?" Miko asked she had a confused look on her face. It was hard for someone to believe that Reggie found the Pokémon in a meteor; but then again the whole academy felt when it crashed, even if not a lot of people actually saw it falling. "I guess that explains that earthquake from yesterday."

"That was no earthquake, believe me." Reggie nodded his head, since he had felt the crash while running; which almost made him slip on the floor.

"Anyways, what am I gonna do about this guy?" he asked looking down at Chigon. "He doesn't wan to get inside a pokeball."

"Take him to the Day Care, they do have one for Pokémon to play in, I leave my Pokémon there." Miko nodded her head; since she wanted her Pokémon to spend some time out of their pokeballs just to have fun and play around.

"Yeah, I could do that." Reggie nodded. He didn't remember that the main building had a daycare for students to leave their Pokémon while they were in class. "Okay, let's get going or we'll be late." He started running along with Chigon.

"Hey wait for me!" Miko called out and followed him with a smile on her face. "At least he's smiling now." She giggled.

Reggie and Chigon looked at the Main building, indeed it looked like a giant white castle, being about six stories high and having two towers on the side of the buildings. The six stories were for the classes for each grade. Students in first year took classes in the third floor while students in second either took classes in the second of first floor. "It never seizes to amaze me," Reggie gasped as he looked over at the building along with Chigon.

"Let's go, you're drooling by the way," Miko closed Reggie's mouth since she noticed a bit of drool coming out from it as the two went inside the building.

The building was just as astounding on the inside as it was on the outside; there were a lot of students walking around the main hall already as they all either headed to the elevators or to the halls that were on the side. There was a big fountain on the center as it let out a beautiful sparkling water; there was a giant TV that showed a video tour of the main building. "Chi…" Chigon looked around in amazement as it looked at its reflection on the water.

"Chigon, careful with that!" Carey ran over to Chigon and got it away from the fountain. "We don't want you making a mess," he sighed, Chigon just gave him an innocent look. "Seriously you're not just small it seems like you're still a baby Pokémon."

"That would explain a lot." Miko said to Reggie and started walking to the hall on the left. "Let's go, the daycare is over here." She pointed. Reggie and Miko kept walking for a few minute as students started leaving the halls or lining up to leave their Pokémon. "Okay Chigon, here it i." Reggie looked ahead , the Daycare looked like one where you would leave little kid at, but more pet like. There were a couple of slides inside it. There was a small tree full of Oran Berries as well as a pond for water Pokémon to be in.

"Oh hey Miko, you come to leave your Pokémon here again?" Miko turned around to look at the Nurse Joy behind her. The academy had set up a Nurse Joy to take care of the day care and the Pokémon so she was in charge. She didn't wear the usual nurse uniform, but instead she was wearing a sleeveless red shirt and a pair of brown mini shorts. "Who's this?" she asked looking at Reggie.

"This is my friend Reggie, it's his first time in the Day Care and he came to leave his new Pokémon." Miko stepped aside so that Joy could see Chigon well.

"Well, I've never heard of this Pokémon before, what's it's name?" the nurse asked with a curious look, her eyes gleaming as she looked Chigon over who moved its eyes to see where the nurse was looking at.

"His name's Chigon," Reggie answered with a rather reluctant nod. He was still scared about leaving Chigon in other's care, after all it was a Pokémon never seen before and he didn't know what people might do to it. "I just got him yesterday." He glanced over to the other Pokémon that were playing around.

"Oh, well don't worry, we'll take good care of him," Nurse Joy smiled at Reggie as she grabbed Chigon, who in turned licked her face. "I think he likes me."

"Yeah," Reggie nodded her head.

"Hey Nurse Joy, the Day Care's not closed yet right?" Reggie and Miko turned around to look at a girl running towards the Day Care, according to her green uniform she was probably in Roselia Grass, since she was wearing a green long sleeved jacket with a flower symbol on the right, as well as a green miniskirt and a pair of black sandals; which were the standard girl's uniform.

As for her physical traits she had a long purple hair that bounced off her back. Some of her hair was put into pigtails. She had a white skin and a pair of beautiful green eyes. "I came to leave my Pokémon," she panted trying to catch her breath.

"Sure Marie, you got here just in time," Nurse Joy nodded, extending her hands so that Marie could give her the pokeball belt. "Now you three go off before you miss class," the nurse waved her hand at the group so that they left.

"Hey Reggie, let's go with got Battle class now," Miko nudged Reggie. The school had a variety of classes, both classes focusing on Pokémon and classes that any high school would give; the Pokémon classes that students got were Battling, Tactics, Breeding, Coordinating and Pokémon History.

"Uh, what?" Reggie asked turning to look at Miko.

"You were looking at that girl weren't you?" Miko asked with a frown on her face.

"Well, no, I mean not technically," Reggie chuckled innocently. Truth be told Reggie had already seen Marie the two hat Tactics and Pokémon History together, even if Marie never even acknowledge his existence he still had a bit of a crush on her. "I mean she's cute I guess I can at least check her out."

"Don't get any ideas Reggie, all Roselia Grass girls are either snobs or *****es," Miko turned her face away from Reggie not to show her frown. The school not only had different dorms but different kinds of people for each dorm and technically the Charizard Flames represented the more average kind of people.

"Aren't you being a little rude?" Reggie asked not liking the way Miko was labeling a complete group of people over nothing.

"No I'm not, now let's go before you keep getting my nerves!" she yelled. Reggie just shut his mouth and decided not to touch the subject anymore so that Miko wouldn't get mad.

After taking the elevator to the third floor Reggie and Miko had to run over to where 1st year Battle Class was. "You're late!" a man yelled from the entrance startling Reggie and Miko. The man was big bulky and muscular, he was wearing a sleeveless white shirt which showed his abs and biceps that seemed like they were about to pop out of his arms. He was wearing a pair of camouflage pants the same kind soldiers wear in the army. He also had a short spiky hair and a stern face.

"Damon and Sekai, what do you have to say for yourself?" The man asked using Miko's and Reggie's last names.

"We're sorry Mr. Grayson, we just had to drop our Pokémon off at the Day Care," Miko answered nodding her head while Reggie was just trying to keep a good posture. He didn't want to show that he was scared from head to toe.

"Just go and sit down," Mr. Grayson shrugged the two students off as they went to their sits. The classroom was decorated with a lot of posters about battles, either from Elite 4 members to posters of Pokémon fighting. There was also a small set up arena on the back from where they did small battles during class as well as a shelf full of videos about Pokémon League battles.

"Okay now that we're here, let's start things off!" Mr. Grayson practically yelled making the whole class jump. "We'll begin by talking about type advantages and how they help us in battle." The teacher started explaining while all the students started to take their notebooks out. "Now as you all know type advantage help out a lot in battle, basically any attacks that hits your opponent does twice the damage, so it'll be a great asset if you have the type advantage."

"But that doesn't mean you have victory assured." They all turned to look at the man that had just come into the classroom. The man looked to be in his late twenties, he was wearing a short sleeved black jacket with red lines going across the sleeves and the chest. He had a pair of long black pants and red sneakers and was wearing a white beanie with a red bandanna wrapped around it; he also had a pair of glasses. "With a good strategy you can win without the type advantage, not just that but it works both ways even if you have the advantage in types, if your opponent has a better strategy you'll never win," the man shrugged.

"Brendan what are you doing here, go to your own class and stop running mine!" Mr. Grayson yelled.

Brendan put his index finger inside his ear and took some wax out. "I was just helping you out, it seemed like you weren't about to hit that topic," Brendan grinned making the rest of the class chuckle at the two teachers.

"That's not true, I was about to get to that part," Mr. Grayson's face looked like it was about to explode; it was red with anger as he glared at Brendan. Brendan Birch was the Battle teacher for students in second and third year, he came from Hoenn as the son of the renowned Professor Birch but he's also a great trainer having won various tournaments in his youth, he's also the headmaster of the Charizard Flames and really liked by the students.

"Sure, whatever you say." Brendan got into the classroom. "You see, I just wanted to check something." He looked at Reggie and then at Jack who was sitting on the left front side of the classroom. "Since Reggie from my dorm lost yesterday to Jack from yours I thought the two could have a little rematch,"

"Why should Jack give that kid a rematch he beat him without losing a single Pokémon?" Mr. Grayson asked; this got Reggie to glared at him, indeed he wasn't strong but he didn't need an overgrown muscle head to say it in front of the class.

"Are you scared, because Reggie just found himself a new secret weapon," Brendan adjusted his glasses. Once Reggie hear this his heart started beating faster, did Brendan know about Chigon; or even worst was he following him when he went to find the meteor.

"No matter what that loser has I'll beat him." Jack called out getting the class to look at him. "He's just a Charizard Flame after all." He smirked glancing over at Reggie. Reggie was sulking on his desk as he sunk lower almost falling off.

"Okay, but not today, Jack has a special training session with me so, I'll set the date later," Mr. Grayson said to Bryan who shrugged in an uninterested fashion. "So, how about we give the kid a week to get ready, so that he can at least give Jack a good match." He turned to Reggie while chuckling.

After the bell finally rang Reggie and Miko walked out immediately. After Mr. Grayson's little dispute with Brendan he was too pumped to give class, so the rest of it was basically the students just talking amongst themselves. "You know I like that Bryan, we're lucky to have such a great head in our dorm," Miko said to Reggie although Reggie wasn't paying attention. "He's so cute too, I mean he's strong and cute we're definitely lucky to have him in our dorm," she raised her finger and nodded her head.

"Whatever, I can't believe he just did that." Reggie put his hands on his head and started pulling his hairs. "How can I fight against Jack again, I already lost."

"Come on, show some backbone, it's not like you can lose twice to the same person." Miko shrugged. "Anyways, I have Breeding next, and you."

"I still have Tactics, Math and History to go," Reggie shrugged. "See ya after class."

"Yeah, see ya," Miko waved as she ran off.

Reggie sighed as he walked towards his Tactics class. Once he went in he looked at the classroom it looked plain with various shelves full of books about battle strategies, there were a lot of boards around probably for when students are set to create their own strategy. Reggie was the first one in the class. "Morning Mrs. Shroud," Reggie said as he came in.

"Reggie, I told you to call me Agatha, I may be old but I don't like students to remind me that," the old lady turned around, having white hairs that reached down to her neck. She looked to be around her 60's or so and was wearing a purple long sleeved dress and a pair of heels. This was indeed Agatha Shroud, former Elite 4 member, after retiring she decided to become a teacher at the academy to help students become better trainers; she was also the Houndoom Dark's dorm advisor.

"Sorry, it's just being in front of one of the greatest trainers there's ever being, I can't stop myself from being so respectful," Reggie nodded his head as he went to sit down. Unlike Mr. Grayson he actually liked Agatha sure she was strict once class started; but she was good at explaining and made things easier for him.

"I saw your battle yesterday," Agatha sat down this got Reggie to frown; seriously he really didn't see that many people the day before. Though then again he was too focus on not letting people see his face of embarrassment to worry how many people were in the dome. "One loss is nothing to worry about," she reassured. "If you want you can take private classes I can help you come up with good strategies."

"Really!" Reggie exclaimed almost jumping off his chair.

"Of course, I can see you have a lot of talent," Agatha nodded her head while smiling. Just then Marie came into the classroom. "Morning Marie."

"Good morning Mrs. Shroud," Marie nodded her head as she sat down next to Reggie.

"Boy this kids just don't get it," Agatha shook her head as she looked up at the roof.

Reggie shifted his eyes towards Marie for a second; it was the first time she sat next to him and being so close to her actually made him kind of nervous. "You're the guy that was at the Day care right?" Reggie turned his head slowly towards Marie after hearing her question.

"Ye…yes." He stuttered nervously, he hadn't taken into a count that she'll remember him.

"I liked that Pokémon you were leaving, he looked so cute," Marie nodded her head with a smile.

"Oh yeah, his name is Chigon, he's a special Pokémon I just found," Reggie nodded his head. He really had to come up with something about Chigon since people would only ask questions.

"I've never seen a species like his before; can I go with you to the Day Care after class?" Marie asked once Reggie heard this he blushed brightly.

"Um…sure." He nodded his head.

"Okay then," she smiled and nodded. A few minutes later the rest of the class got to the room and sat down as the bell rang.

Agatha spent most of the time of the class having the students show strategies that they would use in battle. While they did that she took her time to point out the things that they were doing wrong and thing that they could do to make the strategy work better, this in turn helped Reggie a lot since now he knew a lot of reasons to why he lost the day before.

After that Reggie had to go to math class, which wasn't really his strongest subject. Mr. Tech Reggie's math teacher who looked like a normal professor wearing a brown suit along with a pair of brown pants, he had a short black hair and was wearing a pair of big round glasses. Reggie had to try and not fall sleep as Mr. Tech kept trying to explain Periodic Function to the class.

Reggie made it to history class surprised to find that most of the people were already there. He saw Marie by the back corner of the class and went to sit next to her but just when he was about to sit down another guy grabbed the seat. The guy was wearing a long sleeve black jacket along with a pair of black pants. He had a white under shirt and a pair of black shoes; this was the male Houndoom Dark uniform. As for physical traits, he had a pale white skin a long with a long white hair and a pair of black eyes.

"Hey, I was gonna sit there!" Reggie called out, the guy turned and glared at him getting Reggie to back off. "But you can sit there if you want no problem," he chuckled and went to pick another seat.

"Man, what's with that guy?" Reggie asked himself as he sat down. Once the teacher came into the classroom everyone turned their attention to him. Standing in front of the group of students was a man that looked to be in his early 40's he was wearing a brown long sleeved green suit along with a brown tie. He had a messy brown hair and was wearing a pair of small oval like glasses.

"Morning everyone," the man walked over to the desk and put his suitcase over it.

"Morning Professor Krane," the class spoke at the same time. Reggie looked over at his teacher, Professor Krane one of the many renown Pokémon professors, coming from the region of Orre after it went through its Shadow Pokémon tragedy Professor Krane decided to teach at the academy to see if maybe by teaching young people the things that have gone down in history; both the good and bad ones, then maybe they can be better.

"Today we'll continue with yesterday's class," Professor Krane turned to the board as he grabbed a piece of chalk. "Tin Tower and Brass Tower's big fire, that according to legend was stopped by Ho-Oh and was also when the three Legendary Beasts Suicune, Raikou and Entei appeared." The professor turned back to the class.

Another reason why Reggie liked Krane's class was because even though it was history he usually also talked about legends that have been established with said history. This was something Reggie found delighting and it made things less boring.

After class ended Reggie walked over to Krane immediately; having a special question to ask of him. "Hey professor, I have a question." Reggie stopped the professor before he left the classroom. "Are there any stories about weird Pokémon?" he asked. Thinking that maybe there was something about Chigon.

"How so?" Professor Krane asked getting a bit interested with what Reggie asked.

"You know, like Pokémon never seen before, like…." Reggie trailed off as he thought of something to say to Krane that would help him see his point. "A Pokémon coming from a meteor."

"Reggie, there's a lot of Pokémon that supposedly come from meteors," Krane nodded his head. "Deoxys and Jirachi are the only ones confirmed," he patted Reggie's shoulder and turned around. "Although maybe you should do some research for yourself, if you want any help just come to me." He nodded his head before walking off.

"Hey Reggie, are we going to the Day Care?" Reggie turned around to see Marie behind him.

Reggie's face blushed, as he chuckled; but not from embarrassment but from happiness at the chance of bonding with Marie. "Sure." He answered as the two walked out. The Day Care was in the first floor; and they were in the third one meaning they had about 15 to 20 minutes if you count the time they'll expect while at the Day Care. The problem was, Reggie couldn't find what to talk about. "Um, so…do you like your dorm?" he asked; being the only thing he could come up with.

"Yeah, the Roselia Grass dorm is really nice, it's comfortable and it's well decorated," Marie nodded while grinning. This didn't' help Reggie much because she wasn't looking at him while answering.

"And do you want to be a Coordinator?" now he just wanted to beat himself up for asking such obvious question; if she was in Roselia Grass chances are that she wants to be one.

"Yeah actually I do," she answered finally turning around to look at him. "I want to be a professional Coordinator some day, then I can travel around and compete in a lot of contest and become famous," she had a gleam on her eyes that showed how happy someone asking her about her goal made her.

"Hey Reggie, I need to talk to you." Reggie and Marie turned around to see Brendan walking over to them from the end of the hall, apparently he had gone all the way back to the classroom to try and find them. "Can you come to the principal's office with me?" he asked getting Reggie to frown.

"But I didn't do anything and…" He turned to look at Marie knowing that going to the principal's office now would put a damper on his dream.

"And, what?" Brendan asked narrowing his eyes at Reggie. "It'll just take a few minutes they finally found a roommate for you."

"Really?" Reggie exclaimed, he actually wasn't expecting to get one now. Now that he has Chigon he's nervous to have some stranger live with him and be alongside his mysterious Pokémon. "Okay," he nodded; knowing arguing with Brendan in front of Marie wouldn't help. "Go to the Day Care I'll catch up."

"Okay," Marie nodded her head and walked off.

After Brendan and Reggie agreed they headed straight for the principal's office which was in the third floor as well. The doors that led into it where two big wooden doors that were carved with a different Pokémon on both sides, the right side had a Dialga on it while the left one had a Palkia. "We're here sir." Brendan greeted the principal as soon as he and Reggie went in. Reggie looked around at the office, which looked pretty average, a shelf full of books on the left while there was a small fire place on the right although it seemed like it hadn't been used in a long time.

A big wooden desk right in front of a giant glass window that looked down on the island. The thing that really stood out was the orb like orange stone that was lying over a purple pillow on the corner of the desk. "Good to see you Reggie," the principal turned to look at him, his long black hair moving around alongside him. "Like Brendan probably told you on your way here, we have found a good roommate for you," he started with a smile on his face. This was Principal Charles's Goodwing, he's the most recent principal at the school having been a teacher for a few years before earning the right to have the title of principal and he's well liked by the students as well.

"I heard where is he?" Reggie asked looking around.

"Sorry, I'm sorry everyone," Reggie turned to the door that was on the far right; apparently it led to a bathroom. Out of it came out a young teenager wearing the male Charizard Flame uniform; he had a tanned skin as well as having a straight combed blue hair. "I'm sorry, I had to use the bathroom and I didn't notice you guys got here already." The teenager laughed while ruffling the back of his hair.

"Really?" Reggie rolled his eyes, not liking his new roommate already. He hated people that just tried to make themselves look funny in front of people, when they really weren't.

"So you must be my new roommate hah, Reggie right?" the boy walked over to Reggie and extended his hand. "Don't worry, I washed it," he laughed noticing Reggie was rather hesitant.

"Nice to meet you," Reggie frowned and shook his hand. "And you are?"

"My name's Jordan." Jordan nodded his head and patted Reggie on the back. "Okay, now that introductions are over, how about we bust out of this place," he smiled at the principal before running off.

"Do I really have to be his roommate?" Reggie asked with a frown on his face as he turned to look at Charles and Brendan.

"He just transferred so really, he's the only one we have for now." Brendan shrugged, Reggie just sighed as he left the office.

"So, now what are we gonna do partner?" Jordan asked once they got out of the office.

"Well, I gotta go to the Day Care and pick up my Pokémon and see my friends." Reggie answered staying a few meters ahead from Jordan.

"Sounds cool," Jordan nodded his head in agreement.

After the two got down to the first floor and went to the Day Care Reggie was surprised to find out that Miko and Marie were still there, and that Chigon was rolling around playing with Marie's Beautifly a butterfly like Pokémon with big blue eyes, a sucker string that went down from its mouth a pair of large yellow wings and a small body to boot. "Chigon, what are you doing?"

"They were already playing like this when we got here, looks like Chigon had a fun day." Miko chuckled turning to look at Reggie and Jordan. "Who's that?"

"The reason why I'm not a fun day," Reggie frowned moving aside so that the girls could see Jordan. "This is Jordan, he's been assigned to be my new roommate from today on."

"Nice to meet you, it's good that Reggie finally has a roommate." Miko nodded her head, Jordan walked over to her and knelt down before grabbing her hand and kissing it gently. "What are you doing?" she asked glaring down at him.

"This is the way a gentleman should greet a proper lady," Jordan got up and bowed getting Reggie to roll his eyes; seriously if he didn't kill him after the first day Reggie would probably shoot himself dead. "Oh, I'm sorry miss I forgot about you," Jordan turned to Marie who backed off.

"No don't worry about it," she chuckled nervously as she moved back. Chigon jumped in front of Jordan and growled.

"Hey, what Pokémon is this, I've never seen this one before." Jordan knelt down to look at Chigon but the latter just jumped at him and tried to bite him getting him to back off. "Hey Reggie, control your little pet here." He turned back to Reggie who was chuckling from amusement. "So that's how you are, do you think it's funny?"

"Sorry, but I don't tell Chigon how to judge people, though he certainly has a great judge of character," Reggie nodded his head while grinning.

"Chigon, rare Pokémon or not, he's small and probably weak to boot," Jordan snickered getting Chigon to growl and Reggie to glare at him from the insult. "In fact by the looks of you Reggie I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't exactly the big man on campus around here."

"Hey, I'm trying to be polite so just shut it, you're the one acting like a jerk!" Reggie exclaimed stomping forward.

"Better than being a smartass." Jordan stepped forward as well as the two trainers glared at each other.

"All right, all right, break it up you to." Miko pushed the two teenagers back from each other. "If you wanna fight, then do it the way this academy allows it, by battling." She suggested.

"Sure, I'll battle that is if Reggie has the guts." Jordan grinned mischievously, this got Reggie to nod at his challenge; not caring if he was weaker than Jordan he just wanted to shut him up.

"Is it really wise to have them battle?" Marie asked standing next to Miko as she whispered.

"Better let them battle now than keep arguing over silly stuff like this." Miko whispered back as the two boys started leaving the Day Care.

The two trainers made it out of the main building and right in front of the entrance in opposite sides to each other. Since students frequently had their friendly battles outside of the domes basically any part of the school was a battle ground. "You ready Reggie," Jordan grinned a he took out a pokeball.

"Always am." Reggie nodded his head and looked down at Chigon. He looked around at the crowd that was beginning to appear around them, they were all talking about Reggie's odds to win or about Chigon and how it was a Pokémon never seen before, or that maybe it was just some other kind of Pokémon that Reggie disguised so that it looked cooler. But that's not what had him nervous, the thing that kept him nervous was the fact that it was his first battle with Chigon and that he didn't know any of Chigon's moves; or if it even had moves to begin with.

"All right then, one on one, one of my Pokémon against your little pet dragon over there, we'll see who's the real jerk here," Jordan extended his arm back and threw the pokeball right on the field as it popped open to reveal his Gengar a small Pokémon that was composed of shadows, most of its body was its face, in fact its whole body was its face; the rest of it were a pair of small chubby arms as well as a pair of chubby legs, Gengar had a pair of red eyes and a small tail on its back. "Gengar'll take that thing apart in no time."

"We'll just see, Chigon you're up." Reggie looked down at Chigon who nodded and walked into the battle field. It stared at Gengar for a sec, confused about what was happening. "Chigon, don't just stand there be prepare!" Reggie called out. Chigon turned to look at him and gave him a confused look.

"Guess its true the cuter they are the smarter they're not," Miko sighed as she looked at Chigon and Reggie's little antics.

"Whatever, you're making us both look bad now, go Gengar use Night Shade!" Gengar floated up from the ground as it fired a beam of pure darkness that streaked through the air shattering it as it headed towards Chigon. The white dragon Pokémon didn't see it coming and was hit by the attack straight on. Chigon rolled on the ground full of dust as it got up.

"Chi!" it whined since it was in pain from having taken that attack full on.

"Chigon, see you have to focus." Reggie advised as he looked at Gengar. "Okay use, whatever you can use I don't know do something!" he yelled.

"Chi?" Chigon raised an eyebrow. Gengar jetted forward as it held its fist back, which was starting to be surrounded by dark energy, its fist practically becoming a small ball of darkness as it stroke Chigon right on its gut. The poor baby Pokémon was sent crashing back to its training as it took Reggie down with it.

"I was right after all, you're not a real trainer how are you even in this school to begin with?" Jordan asked trying to hold back a laugh. Too bad the crowd wasn't doing the same since they were all laughing at Reggie and Chigon.

Reggie sat up as he looked down at Chigon who was covered in dust and all beaten up. "You okay buddy?" he asked. Chigon looked up at its trainer noticing he was hurt as well it started licking Reggie's face. "Stop that," he chuckled. "Listen, I guess I put you in the spotlight way too fast, I should've at least checked out if you had any attacks to begin with, I rushed in too easily."

"Chi." Chigon's face turned serious as it jumped off Reggie and glared at the Gengar.

"It still wants to fight, Gengar go for another Shadow Punch!" Jordan ordered as Gengar started jetting towards Chigon once more, its fist covered in darkness again as it prepared to strike. "You won't escape this one."

"That's gonna be all if Chigon gets hit." Marie called out with an alarmed town.

"Chigon," Reggie closed his eyes expecting to hear the sound of bones breaking or screams from his Pokémon. He opened them again once he noticed nothing was happening, and was surprised when he looked up. Everyone around even Gengar itself looked up in amazement as Chigon was now in the sky. It had jumped right before Gengar hit it and somehow, grew wings beautiful sparkling wings that looked like a transparent yellow color. "Awesome." Reggie gasped.

"No way, it can fly, but how?" Jordan asked with a confused look on its face.

"That looks beautiful," Miko and Marie both gasped as they looked at Chigon.

Reggie Academy Dex started beeping; he was surprised to see that it was actually showing Chigon's attacks now. "But how?" he asked himself. The Academy Dex only showed data of Pokémon that were known for it to show Chigon's attack means that someone had to have put the data in the academy's main system so that it would recognize Chigon. "That doesn't matter, let's see what we have." Reggie started reading. "Not bad, it's not much but we'll just have to make it work."

"I don't care what you throw at me Reggie, I can still win, Shadow Ball Gengar!" Jordan called out as Gengar fired a ball made out of darkness that headed straight for Chigon who was still up in the sky.

"Chigon use Odor Sleuth." Reggie ordered as Chigon started sniffing something before too long it had managed to dodge the Shadowball and was diving straight for Gengar. "Now, Double Kick!" Reggie called out.

"You're forgetting Gengar's a ghost type Pokémon," Jordan grinned.

"You're forgetting Odor Sleuth allows normal and fighting type attacks to hit ghost types," Reggie chuckled as Chigon landed a kick on Gengar's gut. Before the ghost type had time to react it did a back kick right on its face sending it bouncing off the floor.

"Hey Gengar you okay?" Jordan asked looking over at the beat up Pokémon. Gengar got up lazily. "We can still do this, use Dark Pulse!" Gengar put its arms together as it charged a ball made out of rings towards Chigon, it screamed and fired the ball straight at the small white dragon who was taken aback as it saw the rings fly towards it.

"Okay Chigon, all or nothing." Reggie stood his ground; not caring about winning or losing he just wanted to make sure Chigon was okay at the end of the battle. "Use Flame Thrower!" he yelled everyone gasped at hearing Reggie's command and sure enough Chigon opened its mouth as it charged a ball of flames inside it. Before too long the dragon fired a powerful jet of orange flames that headed towards the rings surprising the whole crowd.

"Now!" Jordan called out. The ball made out of dark rings started to split itself as its rings started heading towards Chigon in their own directions. "You fell for it, you wasted your attack."

"No I didn't," Reggie grinned. True enough Gengar was standing right behind the ball before it split; which meant that if the ball separated Gengar would wide open. The ghost type tried to moved away from the attack as soon as it saw it but it was futile as its whole body was enveloped by the flames. "And we did it Chigon!" Reggie cheered. Gengar came out of the flames charred as it blew a cloud of smoke off its mouth.

"Return," Jordan returned Gengar into its pokeball and looked over at Reggie. "Okay, I admit I was wrong, sort of, that Chigon is a really cool Pokémon you got there."

"I know," Reggie chuckled as Chigon ran over to its trainer's arms. For some reason the wings disappeared after the battle was over but Reggie was too happy about their win that he didn't care. "We did it Chigon, thanks to you I finally got my first victory in this academy." Chigon just smiled as it looked back at Reggie.

"That was great, Reggie's really cool now that you think about it." Marie pointed out as she and Miko were clapping at the two trainers. Miko turned to look at Marie a small frown on her face but was later changed to a smile.

"Yeah, he sure is." She nodded her head and looked at Reggie who was finally shaking Jordan's hand with a smile on his face.

"It'll be great to be your roommate Reggie and Chigon's too." Jordan smiled and nodded his head.

"Same here, right Chigon," Reggie looked down at the white dragon.

"Chi." Chigon nodded its head while smiling.

End of chapter 1
    Next time: Reggie, Chigon and the Gyarados

Back