• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures Black/White (Viz version)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    As you probably know, Viz has recently released the first two Pokemon Black/White books (they're not really "volumes") which include first seven chapters of the Pokemon Adventures Black/White arcs.

Has anyone here already got the books? Are they good?

Discuss!

[Mod Edit: Yeahhh, no; asking for scans isn't allowed.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Question: Are these the ones released in the magazine? Because those are all out of order and...I'm confused. Are these in order or just magazine translations? Because as of now there are like what, 8 chapters out in the magazine?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Question: Are these the ones released in the magazine? Because those are all out of order and...I'm confused. Are these in order or just magazine translations? Because as of now there are like what, 8 chapters out in the magazine?

Viz has put the chapters into the correct order.

Also, the Japanese chapters run in three mags simultaneously (two monthly and one irregular [approx. trimonthly]), so there are way more than eight chapters already out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Yeah, I got them off of Amazon.
    I had already read scans of the released chapters(albeit out of order), yeah I'm a bad person, So I had a vague idea of what was going on but it makes a lot more sense in order haha.

And to answer the first post's question they are good like all the other Pokemon Adventures Arcs. Though Black is really a bit dumb, well I guess you can call that really goal-driven or being an idiot hero.

Some Black/White shiptease coming from White's side and pretty much good so far. Not much I can say without spoiling it.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    [Mod Edit: Yeahhh, no; asking for scans isn't allowed.]

I wasn't asking for scans. Don't desperately look for hidden messages where they don't exist, please.

Regardless of what the Mod thought, I'm now looking for people prone to give their books to poor people who can't afford them. A kind of charity. Anyone who wants to help should PM me.

Back on Topic: Look at this.
    Biker's shirt, his jacket (Viz version)
    His clothes in the original version

They removed a reference to Auschwitz (here it refers to a Japanese band, the drawing on his jacket is a picture from one of their CDs) and a reference to God. Pretty typical, isn't it?

Last edited:
    Back