• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Adventures in Johto

Kent Spealing

Trainer of Flames
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    The story of Pokemon continues. Recently the story followed Ash and his journey in the Sinnoh Region. But there are many other stories that have to be told. This thread will consist of one of those stories. To start things off with a bang, we take a look at the Johto Region's Mt. Silver location where the Silver Conference is well underway and at the final rounds of the competition. Of 16 competitors, four rounds have taken place and things are about to heat up.

Alistair Smirnoff (age 17) took a deep breath as he stepped out to the rock battlefield. The crowd was packed and there was a hush over all as they were awaiting the start of this next battle. When they saw Alistair appear, the crowd went into a roar of cheering. The commenting announcer chimed in on this moment.

"And here he is! Green trainer Alistair Smirnoff has appeared on the field. We await the opposing Red trainer, Shane Smirnoff (age 24). We've heard these two names before. These two trainers are indeed sibling rivals. With that in mind, we could be in a for fierce match."

Alistair stared at the opposite opening of the stadium wall, awaiting Shane's emergence. A sweat drop was present on his head. This suggested the relationship between him and his brother was rather fiery and competitive. Alistair had been battling rather fiercely through the entire Silver Conference. But it seemed that, like with everything else between them, that Shane was always that much better. Now they were to battle against each other in the 5th match of the finals here. Alistair was hoping all his training would pay off. He adjusted the wrist bands on his wrists. Shane sure was taking his time to appear. But when Alistair reached his spot on the field, he noticed a figure coming through the other opening.

"And here he comes! Red trainer Shane Smirnoff! Shane has battled superbly in the Silver Conference so far. His pokemon have demonstrated unbelievable power. Will Alistair be able to outshine his brother here today?"

Shane stepped onto his place on the field. Shane's expression was focused yet condescending when it came upon his brother, Alistair. His arms were folded and he seemed to be standing in a slight slant. Alistair was up straight, fists balled tightly and staring at his brother from across the way. Their eyes locked and it seemed like the electricity between them was sharp. Shane would be the first to break the eye lock, closing his eyes.

"Well, little brother, I hope you enjoyed the competition. I say that because your advancement in this competition will end here and with me as the one who puts you out."

Pokemon: Adventures in Johto

Johto Chronicles!​

Chapter 1: Battle of Siblings

The two stood face to face, the referee coming to take his place between them on the side lines.

"Alright little brother, hope you're ready to throw down!" Shane spoke seriously.

Alistair scowled in response.

"I'm surprised you made it this far. You must have had some easy matches. But all of that is over and you're going to have yourself a real fight now!"

Alistair's anger grew as he took stance. The referee's flags were ready. He raised them both to the sky and called out to them, "Begin the battle!"

The two drew their starting Poke'balls. The intensity that had built up thus far was coming to a head. Shane looked like he was starting off.

"Alright little brother, playtime is over," he started. He then released the Poke'ball forward shouting, "Umbreon, Go!"

*Pop!* was the sound as energy released from it materialized into the creature known as Umbreon. It's body was soaring above the ground in a jump form. It landed on the top of an elevated rock, jumped to the next one and then finally took stage on the ground, refraining from using its cry just yet.

*And Shane starts with Umbreon! Let's see what Alistair chooses to battle against it!*

Alistair was in his composed state, spinning his Poke'ball of choice on the center of his finger. He tossed it up and snatched it out of the air, reeling his throwing arm back at the same time and launching it forward. He shouted then, "Go, Weezing!"

*Pop!* and energy releasing materialized the Weezing belonging to Alistair. "WHEEEZE!" it shouted as it emerged onto the field.

*An interesting choice made by Alistair, as he chooses Weezing to battle against Shane's Umbreon!*

In the stands was another competitor and friend of Alistair, Kento Kumari. Watching the battle with him was his Cyndaquil. He too was a finalist in this competition and had battled in the round previous, emerging victorious thanks to an unbelievable show of speed and fiery will by the very Cyndaquil sitting beside him. Kento played a big part in Alistair's preparation for this competition and now sat there in anticipation of the performance to come.

I have to hand it to ya, kiddo. You anticipated meeting up with Shane since the start of the competition. Just keep your cool and focus on your strategy. Maybe then my anticipation of meeting you in my next round will come to fruition. He thought.

Shane was puzzled by Alistair's choice. Weezing!? What are you up to, small fry?

"Weezing! Use Toxic now!" Alistair ordered.

Weezing moved in and released a thick vile substance from its very mouth, sharply at the Umbreon.

"Umbreon, dodge it and use Faint Attack!"

Umbreon was quick to move, relying on the rock it once was standing on as an aid to lunge out of the way of the vile substance. Then from there it lunged ahead and landed in front of Weezing, appearing to be looking at something behind it. This of course confused Weezing and made it wonder. Alistair saw it turning to try and see what Umbreon was seeing.

"WAIT WEEZING! DON'T DO IT!"

It was too late however for now Weezing had turned its back to Umbreon. Umbreon proceeded to smack Weezing in the back with with its hind legs and caused it to come off balance.

*And Weezing takes the first hit, falling for Umbreon's Faint Attack.*

"Don't take that, Weezing! Let's get up a smokescreen!" Alistair ordered.

Weezing turned around sharply and let smoke spew out of the holes of its body. The black smoke quickly blanketed the field and now Umbreon was left apparently unable to see.

*And now Weezing's smokescreen has covered the field. From what I can see, Umbreon has lost sight of Weezing inside the smoke.*

Shane gave a smirk to that.

"Sorry bro! But I guess you didn't read up on moves much did ya? Faint Attack, Umbreon, let's go!"

Faint Attack had the ability to catch its foe off guard without fail so in using it, Umbreon had been able to locate the Weezing inside the smoke. But Alistair had a grin of his own as Umbreon went for the attack again.

"Just what I wanted you to do! Weezing, counter it with Toxic!"

Weezing was directed to turn around. Umbreon was coming at it from behind. Weezing let out a thick vile substance that made contact with Umbreon at the same time Weezing took the hit from Faint Attack. Umbreon landed on the ground from that and appeared to have lost its resolve. Barely standing the creature was receiving a fast effect from the poisonous substance.

*Both pokemon have taken the hit but Umbreon seemed to get the worst of it. It appears to be badly poisoned!*

"Umbreon!" Shane exclaimed.

"Let's finish it up with Sludge Bomb!" Alistair went.

"WHEEZING!" Shouted the creature as it let loose a thick stream of mud from its mouth upon the Umbreon. Umbreon was struck head on by the mud and was sent rolling. Shane reacted in displeasure seeing Umbreon go down that way.

"Grrr...Umbreon!" He growled.

Umbreon attempted to stand but collapsed finally. The smoke at that time was clearing as well. The referee raised his green flag.

"Umbreon is unable to continue. Weezing wins!"

The crowd responded in support of Alistair's win. Shane used Umbreon's poke'ball to bring it back from the field.

*And Shane is delivered the first loss of the match. Alistair is off to a good start but with 5 pokemon left on Shane's team, this battle is just getting warmed up. Let's see what Shane's next Pokemon will be!*

Alistair silently gave a sign of approval to Weezing, well aware that with Shane as his opponent, things could only get tougher. Shane didn't seem to be affected much by the first loss on his end. He switched Umbreon's Poke'Ball with his next one.

"Alright, that was good. But now I have something for you, small fry. Try this on for size!"

He launched the Poke'ball forward. The energy released from inside formed a gigantic Steelix. Alistair's reaction to the gigantic pokemon was one of shock. His eyes widened and he gasped.

*Shane's next Pokemon is Steelix! With the rock field as its battleground, the advantage surely is in Steelix's favor.*

It's time I used this field to my advantage. That Weezing is history!

Alistair looked at Steelix. It was now looking down with Intimidation at Weezing. Kento was staring directly at Weezing processing thoughts of his own.

If he trained his Weezing right, that Steelix shouldn't be too tough for it to bring down. Poison has no effect on it though. So if all Weezing has is poison attacks he should switch it out for something that can put up a fight.

Alistair looked his brother in the eyes.

Shane, I'm about to give you more of a fight than you can possibly imagine.

Alistair looked at his Weezing and began his strategics for the start of the match.

"Alright, Weezing I'm keeping ya in there!"

Shane, unflinching just eyed his brother. Either he's got something up his sleeve, or he's incredibly foolish. Either way, I'm about to give him a wake-up call.

Weezing floated above the ground. Alistair was about to get things started with the battle when Shane chimed in.

"Now, Steelix, Iron Tail!"

Steelix's sharp tail started to glow. With a sharp swing it slashed the tail at Weezing. Weezing was struck clean and hard upon its face. Shane had a grin on his face as opposed to Alistair who was in shock. Weezing landed on the ground.

*And Weezing is down from the hit!*

"Come on Weezing! Try to get up!" Shouted Alistair in urgency.

Weezing started to move but Shane had other plans.

"Not today. Steelix, use Rock Tomb attack!"

Steelix dug its head into the ground quickly. Bringing its head up, it hurled a group of large rocks down onto the fallen Weezing. Alistair's horrified expression magnified as the rocks piled on top of Weezing. Alistair was unable to say anything in response. Somehow Weezing was able to roll out from under there. But the creature was knocked out completely and not moving. The ref, seeing Weezing unconscious, raised a red flag.

"Weezing is unable to battle. Steelix wins!"

*And Shane has managed to make a comeback in the second round of this match. Now both trainers are down by one Pokemon.*

Alistair recalled Weezing back to its Poke'Ball. He was looking down at the ground with that 'I should have known better' expression. Shane took notice and advantage of the moment.

"So little brother, still making stupid mistakes? You should have known Steelix would take down Weezing."

Alistair returned an angry glare. I'll shut you up right now.

Time to retaliate. Alistair's next Poke'ball came flying forward quickly. "Marowak, go!"

*Pop!* was the sound as energy released from it materialized into the creature known as Marowak. The creature landed on large flat rock, down on one knee and a paw. The other one held its thick club.

*Alistair has chosen Marowak for his second Pokemon. Let's see how it fairs against Steelix!*

"Steelix, Iron Tail now!" Shane shouted.

Steelix was took its glowing tail and took a swing at Marowak. Marowak jumped out of the way without being told to. The Iron Tail shattered the rock it once stood on. Alistair chimed in.

"Nice job, Marowak. Now hurry and use focus energy!"

Marowak landed behind some rocks and started concentrating. The creature was starting to give off a powerful glowing aura.

"Steelix, it's behind those rocks. Trap it with a Rock Tomb attack!"

Steelix used its tail this time to launch big boulders across the air toward Marowak. Marowak looked up to see the rocks coming its way from the sky.

"Get out of there, Marowak!" Alistair shouted.

Using its thick club, the creature smashed through the rocks in front of it and rolled forward. The rocks proceeded to land behind it, not affecting Marowak in the least. Shane reacted in slight surprise.

"Hmm!"

"Marowak, go for it! Bonemerang now!"

Marowak jumped from the ground, reeled its throwing arm back strongly and forcefully thrust the thick club forward spinning. Steelix was struck head on below the chin.

*Look at that! Marowak's Bonemerang makes a direct hit!*

The bone ricochet off the Steelix body and proceeded to circle around somehow attempting a second strike.

"Steelix, watch out!" Shouted Shane.

The spinning bone was able to catch Steelix on the return trip in the same spot. Steelix gave a howl of pain as it proceeded to drop down into rocks below. Shane was in disbelief. Steelix had managed to be brought down by Marowak. Steelix ceased all movements when it hit the ground.

"Steelix is no longer able to battle. Marowak wins!"

Kento had a grin on his face. This is better than I expected. Alistair is going one for one with Shane. But he's going to have to start sweeping if he wants to solidify his chances to win this battle.

"Marowak! Awesome job! Get back over here!" Alistair said.

Marowak retreated from the field. This confused Shane just a bit.

*What's this?! Alistair is calling Marowak from the field. This is an unusual move folks. What does he plan to do now?*

Marowak came back to Alistair. Looking up to him, the creature seemed curious.

"Go ahead, relax and get in focus. I think I'm going to need you later."

"Maro..." it responded with a nod.

Alistair turned to Shane again. "I made that mistake once. I'm not doing it again! So let's get back into it."

"Lead on." Shane simply replied.

Alistair looked out into crowd. He made eye contact with Kento. He was seated at the front row and to Alistair's left. Kento seemed to have a confident grin on his face.

Somehow I knew you'd find a way to see me do this up close. Think this next one will be for you.

"I choose Arcanine!" He shouted.

Arcanine appeared onto the field. Kento's eyes went directly from Alistair, to Arcanine. There was a look on his face that showed fondness of the large Pokemon. That was his Arcanine out there.

Kento approached Alistair.

"So you all set for your next battle?" He asked.

"I guess...I haven't registered my team for the battle yet." Alistair sighed.

"What's wrong?" Kento asked.

Alistair looked out the window. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"It's just I'm up against Shane. I've never beaten him in a battle before. And I'm kind of nervous. I don't want to get creamed."

"Well you've been training really hard, you and your Pokemon. And also you've been battling awesomely well out there. If you can ignore your brother's head games it'll be a cinch."

Alistair just gave a nod. Kento was thinking about now.

"Know what you need? You need some inspiration. How's about I trade you one of my pokemon to use in the battle?"

"But won't you need...?"

"Well the one who wins from your match faces me in the next round. I want it to be you, and trading you one of my pokemon might help you feel like you're not alone out there."

Alistair was made curious.

"Which one did you have in mind?"

"My Arcanine. It hasn't had much battle time and I did notice you were lacking a fire type. It might be the advantage you need."

Alistair looked at Kento with a surprised expression.

"But, I should really use Pokemon I've trained."

"And you still can. I just thought I'd offer. So what do you say? There has to be a Pokemon on you that you feel might not be best suited for battling Shane. He battles with severe power. Arcanine can give you speed and power. Besides you did want it before."

Alistair was reluctant. But remembering how much he tried to get Kento to trade it at the beginning of the competition, made all the difference. He shook Kento's hand.

"Alright, I'll do it!"

"Alright, Arcanine, do us proud." Kento spoke under his breath.

"Arcanine huh? I'll match that with Electabuzz!"

Electabuzz was released to the field shortly after its name was called.

*So now its Electabuzz versus Arcanine!*

"Think it's about time I ended this match." said Shane.

"You just give it your best shot." replied Alistair.

Arcanine started running forward. Electabuzz did the same. Shane and Alistair were surprised the two pokemon started without their say-so. Arcanine threw itself into Electabuzz who jumped out of the way in response. Electabuzz emitted a powerful electric shock, that Arcanine shifted sideways to avoid. Arcanine shot flames at the ground which knocked Electabuzz backwards.

*Look at that! Both pokemon have started battling without either of the trainers calling it to attack! Have the trainers lost control of their Pokemon?*

"Not by a long shot! Electabuzz use Thunderpunch!" Shane called out.

Electrically charging its fist, the Electabuzz hurled it harshly at Arcanine. Arcanine's body seemed to vanish from the spot in front of it and appear some distance to the side, now running swiftly. Alistair was surprised.

"It just used ExtremeSpeed to dodge the attack. Kento...what gives...?" He looked over to Kento.

Kento was watching in surprise as well. But at the same time he wasn't surprised.

I was really hoping it wouldn't do that. Arcanine tends to try and fight its own battles. But if Alistair is able to battle with it, he shouldn't have any problems.

Alistair gave a half angry expression. "He knew Arcanine would act this way. Now I have a pokemon out there battling like its a wild one."

Arcanine was now running circles around Electabuzz. Electabuzz was trying to Thunderpunch it and was missing.

"It's so fast!" Shane said.

*And Electabuzz seems unable to hit Arcanine with Thunderpunch. Arcanine's speed is starting to get the best of it!*

"Electabuzz, use Thunderbolt!"

"Arcanine, dodge and use flamethrower!" Alistair shouted.

Arcanine suddenly began to make copies of itself, instead of dodging out right. Electabuzz, Shane, as well as Alistair was surprised.

"Double Team?"

*Much to Alistair's misfortune, Arcanine is executing double team instead of a dodge! Seems Alistair has a pokemon on his hands that he cannot control. What does this mean?*

It means I know now why Kento's Arcanine hasn't been battling with him much. Alistair thought with a grim and angry expression on his face.

Alistair watched as Arcanine took charge of the battle on its own. The very nervous Alistair was scrambling to think of what to do. He didn't expect Arcanine to act this way. If there weren't so many copies of the creature he could try to call it back. Kento saw that he was having trouble and decided to get up from his seat and see what he could do to relieve the situation. Shane was getting frustrated watching his Electabuzz miss again and again.

"Hey what gives!? I knew you were a lousy trainer, small fry! But I didn't think you were that lousy that you'd send a Pokemon out that doesn't obey your orders."

Alistair just growled back to him and looked to Arcanine.

"Arcanine, let's use a Flamethrower!"

Electabuzz threw a punch through another one of Arcanine's double-team images before it revealed its whereabouts. Arcanine ran to a giant rock where it stood up, with its head to the sky howling.

"What's it doing? That's not flamethrower!" Alistair said.

Arcanine generated some sort of spinning whirlwind of energy that seemed to generate from around its body first and then be sent forward.

"Dragon Rage!?"

*Arcanine ignores Alistairs order to use a Flamethrower and instead launches a terrifying Dragon Rage attack toward its opponent.*

"Electabuzz force yourself into the air with Thunderbolt!" Shane yelled.

Electabuzz went for a jump and at the same time used thunderbolt at the ground to boost its jump. It then was able to get over the dragon rage attack. Arcanine was on the move at this point. Its body disappeared as it went into yet another Extremespeed attack. It reappeared in the air just below Electabuzz. Shane and Alistair reacted in surprise. The large dog turned its body around sharply and gave Electabuzz a fierce kick with both of its hind legs.

"ELECTABUZZ!" Shane shouted.

But Arcanine was far from done as it reached the height of its jump, it turned around and then unleashed a powerful Flamethrower from its mouth. The flamethrower pushed against Electabuzz and forced it into the ground with great force. That's when Arcanine landed on the ground. It stared at the fallen Electabuzz with an aggressive expression. The referee was looking over to Electabuzz. It had been made unconscious by the combination attack.

"Electabuzz is unable to battle. Arcanine wins!"

*Unbelievable, without obeying a single order from the trainer, Arcanine has managed to pull a victory against Shane's Electabuzz. With 3 of Shane's Pokemon down for the count, we'll take a 5 minute recess.*

Alistair dropped down on his knees and took a deep breath. He recalled Arcanine to the Poke'ball. He was met with Shane's extremely angered expression before turning back to the entrance from where he came to see Kento running up. Alistair stood up on his feet and walked over to him.

"Alistair..."

"What's the big idea of giving me a Pokemon so wild and out of control like that?! That could have lost me big time." Alistair barked.

"Alistair, Arcanine is not out of control."

"Were you watching?! It didn't do a single thing I asked it to. I'm lucky it didn't attack me!"

"Alistair listen to me. Arcanine has no problem battling for a trainer. It knows what its doing. You just have to anticipate what its doing and go along with it."

"I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ANTICIPATE ANYTHING WHEN USING A POKEMON OTHER THAN IT WILL DO WHAT I ASK!!"

Kento just folded his arms and leaned against the wall.

"Answer me something. Did you lose?"

"What?"

"That battle against Electabuzz...did you lose?" Kento asked.

"No..."

"Ever since I evolved my Growlithe into that Arcanine, it's gained some sort of sixth sense for battling. When it did that to me at first I was made nervous. But trust me, that Arcanine knows what its doing. It didn't endure a single hit during that battle. Arcanine wasn't ignoring you. It was showing you it knew how to battle. Now you have to show it that you can work with it. Otherwise it WILL ignore you."

Alistair growled as he stared Kento in the eyes.

"Dude, relax. I didn't give you that Arcanine to mess you up. I gave it to you to help you win. Don't worry. You're stuck with it for the battle anyway. You'd better get back there. You're doing pretty good so far. But we all know what happens now."

Alistair gave a nod of understanding.

"Shane's best Pokemon are going to start coming out now." he then spoke.

Alistair went back to the battlefield. The five minutes was just about up.

*Alistair has come back onto the field. I tell you folks this has been an interesting battle so far. Alistair has so far managed to bring down half of Shane's team. Now Shane has just three pokemon left to do battle with against Alistair's team of five.

Well I gotta hand it to ya, Small Fry. You've lasted this long. But I'm afraid your winning streak is coming to an end. Shane thought.

There's no doubt in my mind that those last three pokemon were just field testers. I'll bet he starts using some serious powerhouse Pokemon now. thought Alistair.

*We're about ready to begin. Both trainers have taken their place on the stage once again. Let's see how the second half of this match plays out*

The referee raised both flags and said, "Trainers begin!"

Alistair decided to get things started this time around. "Marowak, you're up! Let's go!"

Marowak jumped back onto the field. "Waaaak!" It growled slowly.

"The Marowak again huh? Go Feraligatr!" Shane shouted.

Feraligator's large frame body emerged onto the field. It eyed the small groundling with aggressive glares.

*Shane has chosen Feraligatr to take on Alistair's Marowak!*

"Go, Marowak! Use Earthquake!"

"In your dreams, small fry. Feraligatr, use Hydro Pump!"

Feraligatr, threw its head back, then forward and released a high pressured burst stream of pure water. The burst stream came so fast and forceful it caught Marowak directly and forced it back over the ground.

"AH! MAROWAK!" Alistair shouted.

Marowak's body was forced through a rock pillar formation, where it landed on its back unable to move. The referee saw this immediately.

"Marowak has been defeated. Feraligatr wins."

Alistair looked over from Marowak to Feraligatr with a surprised expression on his face.

*Unbelievable! With just one hit, Feraligatr manages to put Marowak out of the match.*

Kento was watching from the entrance/exit of the field on Alistair's side. He too was surprised.

Feraligatr had the type advantage but that Hydro Pump looked extremely powerful. Shane's Feraligator is at a very high level. Come on, Alistair, you've got to have something that can put that thing down.

Alistair called back Marowak. He sighed and drew his next Poke'ball.

"Alright, Ursaring, it's your turn now!"

Ursaring appeared center stage, throwing its arms up and giving a loud roar.

*Alistair calls out Ursaring for his next Pokemon. Will Ursaring be able to overpower Feraligatr?*

"Heh, an overgrown Teddy Bear! Feraligatr, Fury Swipes attack!"

Feraligator rushed forward with its claws out and prepared to do cross slashing on Ursaring's large frame body. But Alistair was prepaired.

"Go, Ursaring, Bulk Up now!"

Ursaring appeared now to be flexing its body muscles as Feraligatr made contact with the fury swipes. But Ursaring appeared to have withstood the impact and was standing firm.

"What's this?!" Shane reacted.

"Let me explain Bulk Up to ya, Shane. The user buffs itself up to increase both offensive and defensive power. Now Ursaring, Hammer Arm!"

Ursaring threw its fist up and went to swing down. But Feraligatr managed to catch Ursaring's swinging arm and was able to hold it off. Alistair was surprised.

"Ursaring!" He shouted.

"Now Feraligator! Hydro Pump!"

Feraligatr's mouth spewed high pressured water right into the face of Ursaring, throwing back.

*Wow! An up close and personal hit is scored with Hydro Pump. I'm not sure how well Ursaring will fair against that one!*

Ursaring hit the ground hard. Shane had a grin on his face at this point.

"Ursaring try to get up!"

Ursaring started to try and pull itself up. But Shane was right on the offense again.

"Feraligatr, use Aqua Tail!"

Feraligatr stuck its tail out and created a spiral of water around it. It then thrust itself in and smashed Ursaring against the body with it.

*That was a clean hit! Ursaring took Aqua Tail head on!*

Ursaring hit the ground in a daze. The referee raised a red flag as a response. "Ursaring is no longer able to battle. Feraligatr wins!"

*It appears now that the tide of this battle is turning as now Shane's Feraligator is chipping away at Alistair's team. Does Alistair have a pokemon that can take down Feraligatr?*

Alistair was frozen with his face quivering in slight fear.

I didn't come this far to lose now. But if I don't take down that Feraligator, losing is most likely going to be the outcome of this battle!

Kent Spealing

Trainer of Flames
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    *We are back to this exciting Pokemon battle between Green Trainer, Alistair Smirnoff and Red Trainer, Shane Smirnoff. The battle has been a power struggle so far. The Pokemon count is now three on each side, with Shane's Feraligatr taking the match by storm. What Pokemon will Alistair counter with?*

Alistair was still consumed with anxiety. Things were off to a good start but now Shane's powerhouse Pokemon were taking the field. Many of times they had been the cause of Alistair's defeat at his brother's hand. It looked like they were about to bring him down again. Shane awaited silently for Alistair to make his next Pokemon pick. Kento watched from behind near the arena entrance. Silently he was in support of Alistair's abilities.

You can do this, Alistair, he thought.

Alistair turned his head away from Shane. He took in a deep breath and tried to regain his composure. Meanwhile his ears focused on the humming of the crowd, also waiting for his next pick. He was not sure where to go from here just yet. He started to think of possibilities. It was during this that Kento's words came back to him.

Ever since I evolved my Growlithe into that Arcanine, it's gained some sort of sixth sense for battling.

Could he do it? Could he trust Arcanine with this match? There was only one way to find out. The Poke'Ball was back in his hand. He took a deep breath, reeling the pitching arm back and let 'er fly. The ball was thrown and he shouted, "Arcanine, Round 2!" Arcanine's form appeared above ground, released from the Poke'Ball. The large dog took center stage on the battleground once more and appeared to have plenty of energy.

*Arcanine makes a return appearance now on the battlefield. Let's see if Alistair can control it this time*

Arcanine seems to have a sixth sense for battle according to Kento. But it also seems to have preference for battle style. Let's see if I can appeal to that.

"You're just giving me wins now, huh, small fry?" Shane barked.

Alistair said nothing in response as the referee took his place. Both flags went up at that moment.

"Begin the battle!"

"Let's take this one down, one-two-three, Feraligatr! Use Hydro Pump!" ordered Shane.

Feraligatr's head went back. Then, it snapped forward launching forth the powerful burst stream of water known as Hydro Pump. Alistair had an idea in mind but would Arcanine listen to it? He decided to try.

"Arcanine, use ExtremeSpeed to dodge that attack."

Arcanine seemed to be waiting for Hydro Pump to draw closer. Alistair's expression showed fear at that moment. Just when it seemed like Feraligatr's Hydro Pump would hit home, Arcanine suddenly vanished from sight. This got Shane and Alistair reacting in unison. The creature appeared galloping swiftly toward Feraligator, on the side of Feraligatr's Hydro Pump.

"Feraligatr, look out!" Shane shouted once he spotted Arcanine.

Arcanine was moving in fast.

"Let's make a hit! Go ExtremeSpeed!" Alistair shouted.

Arcanine's swift running grew swifter, leaving a trail of white energy behind it as it then slammed right into Feraligatr with the force it generated. Shane was left surprised while Alistair's grin returned to him.

"I don't believe it!" Shane shouted.

"It's working! So it does prefer battling with speed. Fine by me! Wrap this one up, Arcanine."

Arcanine turned around sharply and sent its hind legs out, making sharp impact with Feraligatr again. From there, the creature distanced itself and awaited for Feraligatr's possible attempt to continue the battle. But when Feraligatr didn't move, the referee raised his green flag.

"Feraligatr has been brought down. Arcanine wins it!"

*Another win from the green trainer, Alistair with an Arcanine. Despite the type disadvantage, Arcanine used pure speed with power to obtain a victory! Now Shane is down to just two more Pokemon.*

"We're almost there, Arcanine! I think we're starting to understand each other. Let's be ready for the next one, and we'll handle it together, ok?"

Arcanine simply nodded and stood ready. Meanwhile, Shane was calling back his fallen Feraligatr. He had his eyes closed and seemed to be thinking intensely.

I can't believe the fight this small fry is giving me. That Arcanine is seriously fast. I'm going to have to match its speed if I want to beat it.

He drew his next Poke'Ball and launched it ahead at the same time shouting, "I choose Scyther!"

The energy released became Scyther which then took the field. Arcanine grew suspicious, as did Alistair. But his face expression showed more surprise.

"Scyther? But, it's weak against Fire Pokemon." Alistair said to himself.

The match was given the go ahead to begin. Shane decided to start.

"You wanna see fast, small fry? Try this! Scyther use Double Team!"

Scyther started creating copies of itself on the battlefield. Alistair responded quickly.

"Show him your double team, Arcanine."

Arcanine was already ahead of Alistair, creating copies of itself on the field. It eventually became 10 Arcanines and 10 Scyther.

*Wow look at that! The two pokemon have both started off with double team.*

"Now, Scyther, let's see some Agility!" Shane called out.

Scyther, along with its extra images started moving quickly toward Arcanine's images. But Arcanine wasn't planning to just sit and wait. It too started moving around, causing the field to be flooded with images of Scyther and Arcanine zipping around the field. Shane was waiting patiently for the outcome of this match of speed. All across the field were images of Scyther and Arcanine trying to attack each other, their images passing through each other as a result.

*This has become a match of speed with Scyther's Double Team/Agility combo and Arcanine's ExtremeSpeed/Double Team combo.*

Scyther appeared on the ground looking around for Arcanine. The looming shadow of Arcanine appeared revealing Arcanine to be perched on a rock behind it. Arcanine tried to pounce but simply passed through the image.

"Ugh! It was just a double team image!" complained Alistair.

He then looked over and had to gasp. Scyther was floating right behind Arcanine.

"There you go, Scyther! Slash Attack!"

Arcanine went to throw itself to the side, causing Scyther to slash right through a rock. Arcanine's feet slid against the ground as it tried to stop. By then Scyther had resumed Double Team and was zipping around all over the field to confuse Arcanine. Alistair seemed at a lose as to what to do.

"This sucks! I don't know what to tell it to do because that Scyther is moving around with double team and agility," he then seemed to come to an idea.

"Hey wait, Arcanine's nose....that's it! Arcanine, track it with your Odor Sleuth!"

Arcanine appeared to be placing focus in its sense of smell at this point and stood still. Scyther's images were zipping by left and right with Arcanine turning its head to each that went by. One was coming toward it from the right. As it went by Arcanine caught a whiff of something and gave a reaction as if it could have said, "AH HA!" Suddenly Arcanine shot off with ExtremeSpeed and rammed against Scyther's side. This threw Scyther off balance.

"Crap! He found it!" Shane went.

"Finish it, Arcanine! Flamethrower!" Alistair ordered.

Arcanine threw its head back and then thrust forward, releasing flames from its mouth. The flames smashed against Scyther and sent it up against a rock. The rock collapsed beneath the pressure.

"Scyther, no!" Shane shouted.

Arcanine waited for the outcome of the attack. It was revealed to have hit its mark and now Scyther was on the ground, knocked out.

"Scyther is no longer able to continue! Arcanine wins!"

Shane closed his eyes and returned Scyther from the field. The crowd was screaming with cheers and applause at this moment.

*He's done it again folks! Arcanine has managed to best Scyther in a test of speed and skill to win the match! Now Shane has just one Pokemon left to battle with. If Alistair can defeat this one, he wins the match!*

Alistair's expression was more focused than ever. He looked toward Shane who seemed to be all seriousness at this point.

I think we both know who you're going to use now, Shane, Alistair thought.

"It's time this battle turned in my favor. I congratulate you for being able to bring me down to my last Pokemon. Now, I'm done holding back on you."

Shane drew his next Poke'Ball.

"Gooooo...Kangaskhan!"

With the release of yet another surge of white energy from a Poke'Ball, Shane produced his last Pokemon, Kangaskhan. Alistair stared at it as if it were the biggest challenge to come to him yet. Even Kento was watching in intense anticipation of this match.

"So...he saved Kangaskhan for last after all." Kento said.

*Shane has chosen Kangaskhan for his last pokemon! If Alistair can defeat it, he will take the win for this match*

Alistair looked over to Arcanine.

"Arcanine, Kangaskhan is Shane's most powerful Pokemon. You have to be very careful!"

That Arcanine should be worn out from all that running around after Scyther. I'm taking it down!

The anticipation of this match was growing quickly. Alistair took a deep breath, knowing that he was in for the toughest match of the battle.

Back