• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures Manga Petition (US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    *lifts head up*
    And I thought I'm losing hope. Come on people!!!

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    I PMed Mew564 to try and keep the authencity of the petition, and asked him to at least try quoting his friends on the manga instead of just names.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
  • 1. I am a girl and 2. I am getting people angry, unfornately. They have been cursing me out on the phone.Hehehe..
    Anyway, I have one person so far. I will try to get more quotes and e-mail addresses.
    There's a few problems though.
    Some people don't have internet.
    Some are really mad at me for bothering them.
    Some want to keep their e-mail a secret.
    I can't get in touch with some
    and one is out of town.

But...
    I will give as many quotes and e-mail addresses as possible, not to fear!
    I guess it will be about ten people. *glances at list of names*
    Heheheh. About ten.
    Anyway, I'm off to retrieve quotes.

BTW, what do I do about the dedicated people who have no internet?
    Am I supposed to not put them?

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Here's some information to try on for your guys, Mew.

Location (Doesn't have to be exact, just what state he/she is in)
    Full Name
    All we need is some info that can make the signatures less fake-like (of course they're true, but the publishers might not think about that).

None of the above is going to be easy on your friends' privacies. Location may be your best bet. Try your best, thanks for your effort.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
  • OMG!
    Bless your soul!
    That willl be soooo much easier! I can do that.
    Sure, that won't be a problem.
    Of course, if they don't kill me, but that just made my life soo much easier!
    Okay. I can get that information.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Purin, we may have two problems.

First problem:
    I truly think that 50 names are not enough. You'll never know, the publishers might actually cast aside an afternoon reading the list if they find it interesting. Even if they don't read them all, they will know that we're sincere if they see a unique paragraph accompanying each and every name in the list. I say we shoot for a larger number, say 100 to 150 to make it more convincing.

Second problem:
    Don't even think about 100, even 50 paragraphs is quite a monstrously large file to send. How do we propose to do that?

Years
  • Fixen, Purin, I never told you guys anything about this yet, neither in PS.TK...but 50 signatures won't make Viz budge. Not even wince. If you want a petition, it has to be 10,000 signatures or 5,000 ...which is quite impossible right now...

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Why would I want to go back to Viz, now? Look back in my New Members thread in PS.TK to see my five choices.

frosty

Genius
    Years
  • I know one thing, and it's never give up. How about 50 from every forum you can get to participate, that will atleast be 1000, and you can include a RL petition. Anyways, it'll be 1 off from th 10,000 you need, IF YOU TELL ME WHAT TO PUT!!! XD

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Put in your name, e-mail address, and what you have to say about the manga. All in a nutshell.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Send it to [email protected], Frosty.

Purin, we have to make sure we get a lot of names. On most of the five companies we only have one shot. Usually if they see a failed petition they won't accept any again.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    (I don't want to double post, but this is to bring the post to attention)

Petition Statistics:

I have extended our advertisement to other pokemon sites, which haven't had a clue about the manga's existence, as a hope to spark some more interest.

As far:
    pokegym
    pokeschool (1 reply)
    pokemonparadise
    pokemondungeon(Thread locked then reopened)

I hope some names will come soon.

edit: This is kind of like advertising so I removed the links. but I still kept the names.

-Oni

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back