• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures/Special Volume 10 Artist Changes

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Some news...
    I've just got the book, and just dicovered that Mato is replaced by Satoshi something(can't-remember-the-surname).
    There's some noticable changes in the artwork, and Crystal was well potrayed as a catching expert.
    I don't have any portions scanned yet to show for now, since I'm still busy doing my school homework =P
    Edit: Okay I got the name. The new artist is Satoshi Yamamoto.

Last edited:
    Years
    Edit: Wow! I did notice a few changes... at first I thought Yamamoto is MATO... so that's why the lines seems to be thicker...

Last edited:
    Years
    It slightly better. The lines look darker but they look alot like same.

my only G/S/C scan... O.o

Last edited:

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    The artwork's more detailed. There's a difference in chibi styles and eye styles of new characters.
    I think the artist improved after every chapter since Volume 10. (The first page with Crystal seems odd.) I would have scanned it now if my brother hasn't taken the book XD

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
    oni flygon said:
    It slightly better. The lines look darker but they look alot like same.

my only G/S/C scan... O.o
    That is very interesting...I love how they combined all of those games! I remember the first one, when Red gets a Bulbasaur that he chases all over town to get, and he meets a Kangaskhan that Blue wants to catch but he finds out that its baby is sick...so touching! I thought it was pretty neat, though.

Soggy_Cornflakes

[Omega-Brendan]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 3, 2004
    The fin bit is only for an end to a saga so don't worry, the manga still goes as long the games go...

hmm... where'd you get that? Purin's translating thing isn't up to that yet...

Also, is that how Red got his T-shirt white because of the change of artists?

Years
    The scan? A friend gave it to me... since I don't own any of the G/S/C chapters... Gold did change his outfit. He also has that bandanna in his leg.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    Gold changed his outfit? and I know about the bandana thing, but I always remembered that Red has a Black T-shirt and yet in the manga its white now... is that because of the change of authors?

Back