• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Almia League (Rated PG)

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    It's all good guys -- we'll work on it when the new thread is opened :)

Years
  • I get the feeling I'm included in the ****-tastic sign ups :(

Nah, you're good. Your background is actually longer than three or four other character's background combined and meets the requirements that Ang set up. You're posting tell me that had there been stricter requirements, you easily would've met them without too much effort.

And even if anyone reading this DOES get rejected for failing to meet RP standards, you will be given the reasons and also pointers if need. This forum has alot of kid's on summer vacation right now, and thinking about typing long detailed essay-like posts is far from what they want to do, especially if they also have to do book reports*I never did mine and made up the report off the top of my head. TAKE THAT MASSACHUSETTS SCHOOL SYSTEM! XD*

Basically what I'm saying is that we're not gonna be jerks about it, we're just trying to challenge those to go itno more detail, which will actually improve your spelling, grammar, and make essays easier for you kids. ;) Even I fell into this category. This is my first RP sign-up sheet ever, and this is my first RP post ever, so this comes from experience. :) So play fantasy text based RPG's with people you'll never meet in real life, it'll make you a better writer! XD

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • Nah, you're good. Your background is actually longer than three or four other character's background combined and meets the requirements that Ang set up. You're posting tell me that had there been stricter requirements, you easily would've met them without too much effort.

Eh, even if I can make a long-ish post, my sign ups are always tiny. Pretty much the reason I haven't tried RP-ing here for about a year. Way too much detail than necessary (to me) is always needed :/

Years
  • I wouldn't say we're gonna require too much detail. If anything, the background will just need the following: Lifestyle you grew up in, childhood, first interest in pokemon, how well you did on your journey, placement in the pokemon league, Social security number, favorite type of icecream, and how afraid you are of clowns, on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being amused by them, and 10 being you carry around a shotgun and shoot all clowns in the head on site, confusing them for the undead.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record...I'm gone throughout the week so I fell a little behind in this conversation so I'm kind of confused on the whole thing when it comes to our character profiles. So does this mean we all have to try out for it again? My character wasn't accepted so I have no problem with that, I just want to know and also the rules...I do hope the post thing and joining will be a tad stricker (sp?) -.- And maybe some suggestion...I know it maybe sounding like tooo much, but I've been in a roleplay where the master AND the second in command disappeared out of nowhere O_o it's like they dropped like flies. Maybe we could try like some mass weekly pm for the members so they know where the pick up if they've missed anything or fell behind in the roleplay? I know all information is posted in the roleplay, but being gone for a few days can be challenging.

Years
  • basically, every character will need to re-apply because some won't meet the standard, and most weren't approved by Ang in the first place.

The odds of me AND Diggy...Digital...DW..whichever nickname she goes by :P....both dropping off the face of the interwebs is highly unlikely. Most Rps around here just have a game master and Rpers, with nothing in between, whereas we'll be having two people that have authority over the storyline etc. If this RP somehow gets screwed up due to a lack of a game master for the second time, me and Digital deserve to be shot pointblank range with a harpoon.

As for making short little updates, I can see that happening in the OOC topic to outline important events, key elements, and plotlines everyone should be aware of. That seems like a great idea. :D

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • You're most welcome :) I got that idea from a roleplay I was in that lasted for an entire summer last year, but kind of died around the time school started up for everyone :/ but its true, its rare if both masters do disappear and I'll be the one that shall shoot you both when you return :P Can't wait to see this place revived then. Will you guys post the new link here and have this one closed though?

Years
  • I am actually in an RP that does have a little update section for people who have been gone for awhile, but said RP has been going on since 2007, so you can see why..:P

But Roxas has it right on the money. Digital already PMed the mod of this section, and, and we're waiting on them, although they've been away for the past couple days, which obviously means they haven't seen it yet. :P Once they come around, we'll have this topic locked, start a fresh new one, and have an OOC topic since Ang never made one. >_<

Ninja'd: I can't wait either...especially since the RP is in a Pokemon Ranger game which I have no idea about...although the storyline for the games have no say in what we do here.

Last edited:

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • ORegan thanks for the edit I'm currrently working on it again to expand the plot and am thinking of making another Rp about Aura's

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    OOC:I have read all the posts of the thread. I really want to take part in this RP but , I will not write anything until you decide something. Is there going to be a new thread or not?

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    ooc// The mods currently haven't approved the thread yet so I am unsure what will happen next. DW hasn't posted anything on that yet so we are currently waiting.

Years
  • Ichigo: It's gonna be a new topic, same RP. If Digi wanted to make a new RP instead of this one....there would be no point in wanting to take over this RP in the first place. You will need to re-post your character sheet though, as well as make it conform to the slightly stricter level of expectation that the RP will have. *Check my visitor messages if you want to confirm it.*

Daj: Not a problem. Like I said, I'm always here to help. ;)

Tux and Who: I don't think the RP hasn't been denied...afterall, it was approved once, and was pretty basic to begin with. If you look at Alter Ego's online status for the past few days like I have, they were gone for the weekend, and within that time, a few people made visitor messages telling them that they made RP's that they want Alter to look at. *A few of you who did that are taking part in this RP as well. :P * So there is about 5 RPs sent to Alter within the weekend.

Also, the approve/disapprove topic hasn't been updated since the second of June. Had we been disapproved, there would've been an update stating such. My best guess is that there is alot of RP's and too little time for Alter to look through all of them.

IchigoTorisuna

Riolu Trainer
    Years
  • ORegan: So, it's like, I send you or Digital Wings my Character(or characters) so you can approve it or tell me if I need to make it better? Or just post it on here?

Years
  • Nope. We're gonna have a brand new topic *once a mod approves it <.<* to start the new game, and have all sign-ups go into an OOC topic that will be made after.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    ooc// Curiosity begs...what will we need to add to our SU's?

Back