• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Alternate Universes

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    The Pokemon Timeline is something i always find interesting, and im thinking that the Remakes replace the predecessor. What really perked my interest was the trainer with a black charizard Steven mentioned. He fought along side the trainer against rayquaza. The same exact thing happening in the Special "the Strongest mega Evolution" Alain has a black charizard and teamed up with Steven to confront Rayquaza. Ash is mentioned in Strongest Mega Evolution, about the time he stopped the Rampaging Garchomp on the Tower. This means the Special and the anime happen at the same time and ORAS happens after. If ORAS replaces R/S/E and is cannon to the Main Timeline this will mean Ash's Adventure starts first before every main game. Also meaning Red isn't Ash's father, since R/S/E and R/B/Y or FR/LG happen at the same time. That would mean:

Ash's Journey Begins -> XY Anime/Strongest Mega Evolution -> Red's Journey FR/LG and ORAS -> HG/SS -> Red Gyarados incident(HG/SS continues)/D/P/Pt -> etc.

*R/S/E or ORAS happens at the same time as R/B/Y or FR/LG
    *D/P/Pt starts after the Red Gyarados incident

But It's just My Theory xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    The Pokemon Timeline is something i always find interesting, and im thinking that the Remakes replace the predecessor. What really perked my interest was the trainer with a black charizard Steven mentioned. He fought along side the trainer against rayquaza. The same exact thing happening in the Special "the Strongest mega Evolution" Alain has a black charizard and teamed up with Steven to confront Rayquaza. Ash is mentioned in Strongest Mega Evolution, about the time he stopped the Rampaging Garchomp on the Tower. This means the Special and the anime happen at the same time and ORAS happens after. If ORAS replaces R/S/E and is cannon to the Main Timeline this will mean Ash's Adventure starts first before every main game. Also meaning Red isn't Ash's father, since R/S/E and R/B/Y or FR/LG happen at the same time. That would mean:

Ash's Journey Begins -> XY Anime/Strongest Mega Evolution -> Red's Journey FR/LG and ORAS -> HG/SS -> Red Gyarados incident(HG/SS continues)/D/P/Pt -> etc.

*R/S/E or ORAS happens at the same time as R/B/Y or FR/LG
    *D/P/Pt starts after the Red Gyarados incident

But It's just My Theory xD

The anime and the games have nothing to do with each other. The reference to Alain in ORAS was nothing more than a minor cross-canon shoutout, akin to Jessie and James in Yellow. Otherwise, they're completely separate universes that can't be mixed at all.

And, ORAS can't exist on the same timeline as any Gen 3-5 games, because, then, you'd have to explain why Megas and Fairies existed in Hoenn, but not Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova. (And, no, Gameplay/Story Segregation doesn't work, as these mechanics *do* have an impact on the story.)

Back