• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Nakala Pri

Correction: Nintendogs. xD (sorry, habit).

I say it is a great move! The younger audience will love feeding their Charmander and rubbing Bulbasaurs belly, so I say, epic! Well, I am pretty excited myself, I've always wanted to pet a Pikachu, even virtually, so, YAY! :D

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    then there'll be a wolf pokemon and you can turn the mini game to Pokenines! Get it? no? ... Pokemon has finally made my dream come true. (3

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Has anyone actually had any luck with this new system? For something such as the Luxary Ball that is supposed to make the Pokemon's happiness increase faster it sure doesn't look like its' doing a great job. I'm not really sure how easy (or if it does at all) it is for a pokemon's happiness to raise. Espurr has been in my front party since I caught it at level 11 with a Luxary Ball, yet according to Pokemon Amie nothing on it is showing as it being raised. I'm a little more than lost, I would like to read more on the feature but the strategy guides haven't come out yet (supposed to be next week?) at least around where I live.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I haven't used Luxury Balls yet, albeit I do have a few- so I can't really help you there. I do really like the Pokemon-Amie system, it's cute and time-consuming. Plus it'll really help me get my Sylveon.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    But have you had luck actually using it? Do you notice any changes at all or is all the effort put into it a waste of time? Saying "It'll help me get my Sylveon" is one thing but exactly how does this feature work to achieve that? As far as I'm concerned right now it's a huge waste of time

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • I don't understand how to use it. Like I play with my PKMN and their "stats" are raised to the max but then in like 10 min. the "stats" have decreased. Am I doing something wrong?

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Has anyone actually had any luck with this new system? For something such as the Luxary Ball that is supposed to make the Pokemon's happiness increase faster it sure doesn't look like its' doing a great job.

Pokémon Amie "Affection" and Happiness are different things. :)

Happiness is the same as it always was in the previous gens, whereby battling with the Pokémon, not letting them faint, giving them massages and travelling with them will increase their happiness.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I don't understand how to use it. Like I play with my PKMN and their "stats" are raised to the max but then in like 10 min. the "stats" have decreased. Am I doing something wrong?

From what I can tell, they will decrease over time and you need to keep giving them attention if you want the stats to raise back up. However, having max Amie stats isn't really that important unless you're doing it to make a Pokemon evolve (such as Eevee -> Sylveon).

Years
  • Thoughts on Pokemon Amie?

I think Pokemon Amie is one of the best features of the game, possibly equal to or even better than super training. I spent a couple hours working to get the affection on all of Pokemon of my team to max, and now in battle they're practically invincible! They dodge attacks left and right, last super-affective hits when at 1 hp, and get critical hits more often! It's honestly pretty cool how, if you put in the time and effort, can make your favorite Pokemon worthy of battle. Any thoughts?

Years
  • Best feature EVAR!! My Mawile dodges stun spores like a boss!! I hope this will change the metagame, and I think it will become more haxy due to this lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i found you can talk to your pokemon in that feature. i think they took the hey you pikachu idea put that in the game lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I got to choose my Fossil this evening and chose the Sail Fossil, to get Amaura, then I decided to really test this out while training it on Route 7, an easy place for Ice types to battle (and it was my first Ice type!). Here are my results.

Building affection takes time. Pokémon CAN get full, and you need to take the time to entertain and feed them between battles to allow digestion and time to get bored (surprisingly, battling is not a means of enjoyment).

At first, there appears to be no difference in gameplay. Through two hearts of affection, this is indeed the case. However, with the third heart, I noticed the character (Cyclone, obviously) saying to Amaura, "I know you can do it!" Starting here, you see the text at the move selection window say, "Amaura is awaiting Cyclone's directions..." By the fourth heart, the Pokémon clearly looks in the direction of its Trainer, as I saw Amaura looking briefly to the right, then back at its opponent. In the case of a one-hit KO, you might see, "I knew you could do it!" If you get low on HP, the character says something to urge the Pokémon on, something about how it's getting tough but you still know they can do it (I missed the line and am now too strong to really encounter it on that Route, can see later what it says).

After getting the fifth and final heart, thus becoming "friends forever", you start seeing the biggest changes. When Amaura came out for one battle, he was "interested in Cyclone's bag". A couple of battles later, Fake Tears was used and he "reads Cyclone's mind and avoids the move", which also shows a heart popping up (the affection icon) in battle. Two more battles later (he one-hitted a horde of Hoppip in here), he was "bursting with enthusiasm for the battle" with a Smeargle...which again got one-hitted. Later, against Illumise, is was "so in sync that it landed one critical hit", and against a Croagunk were apparently breathing in time with each other or something like that.

So far those are what I've seen. I haven't seen any waking up from sleep (haven't been asleep), but I did see poisoned, which basically incapacitates the Pokémon and prevents playing with it or feeding it until cured. I expect Serebii or Bulbapedia to eventually have a full list of the lines that appear, and I'm sure I'll see more as well. :)

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Oh just a friendly tip if you guys haven't done it yet, if you have 2-5 stars on your pokemon, during the battle just after your Pokemon with affection faints a pokemon, go rub the bottom of your touch screen and see something cool :]

Years
  • Pokemon Amie

*Note* this is my first sweet and simple guide =] have fun open to comments and suggestions!

Hi guys(and girls), Welcome to my little guide to Pokemon amie. In this guide we will be going over what pokemon amie is, the affects this can give your pokepal, and how to raise you affection level the fastest/ pokepuffs.

• What is pokemon amie you ask? why it's the ability to interact with your pokemon through petting, poking/hurting, feeding, and mimicking its movement, by doing these activities with you're pokepal it will raise its affection towards you.
    • The affects this can give you pokepal. raising your affection with your pokepal give it amazing affects some of which include
      • Text: The introduction message, and various statements throughout battle change in context
      • Critical Hit Ratio: The ratio of Critical Hits is increased
      • Evasion: The Pokemon's evasion is increased
    • These affects have not been personally verified, but i have heard rumors that they are available.

• Paralysis: The Pokemon has a chance of healing itself from paralysis
      • Sleep: The Pokemon has a chance of waking itself up
      • Confusion: The Pokemon has a chance of healing itself from confusion
      • Burn: The Pokemon has a chance of healing itself from burn
      • Poison: The Pokemon has a chance of healing itself from poison
      • Survival: The Pokemon has a chance of enduring a hit which would have knocked it out
      • EXP Yeild: The Pokemon can receive a boosted amount of EXP
      • Petting: If your Pokemon has max affection, you can pet it after it wins a battle by rubbing the touch screen.

• How to raise your pokemon's affection quickly! Heres the trick or at-least what i think is a trick. Petting/ pet your pokepal until a musical note appears of his/her head, feed/ feed your pal pokepuffs, keep track of how it eats once its finished eating it will slow down on the last one it will eat. Once it is fed and pet to the max play a mini game, (my personal favorite is hard mode head it) try to get as many stars as possible for the best type of pokepuff.
    • Pokepuffs/ There are five PokePuff flavours: Mint, Citrus, Mocha, Spice and Sweet, with each Pokemon having their own preference. This varies depending on each individual Pokemon, and not species. In addition to that, there are four different categories for each PokePuff: Basic, Frosted, Fancy and Deluxe, which can be denoted by the various topings on the top of them. The better the category, the more affection you will receive from your Pokemon.

Thanks for reading and hope you like it, and again this is my guide so don't be to harsh

Years
  • I can confirm the exp. boost. The more they like you, the more exp. they get. Which is kinda cool and kind of another reason why your Pokemon are always overleveled

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Confusion and paralysis have been effect by affection for a while. It effects not only how well they can recover on their own, but also how effective the ailment is, if I can remember my poke-history well.

Back