• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Anacharon

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    This is what I was thinking. I have not yet got the skill to complete this fangame, so it may stop development. I do still intend to learn more about fan game making and with some hard work maybe I can bring this back

As you say it is not a great loss either, and it is very true that I have to manage my own development, so until I can do that, I will stop development.

Thanks though, and no it is not snarky, it is the truth

If it makes you feel any better I've spent about 6 years going back and forth with development of my game going through learning rom hacking and essentials and have finally managed to get the ball rolling on my own project and have been working nonstop for almost a year now. I only have one other person helping me with scripting and brainstorming different ideas but other than that I do everything myself. Mapping, making sprites, editing pbs, making events, story writing, everything and every detail I do on my own, but everything up until now has been practice. I'm still learning as I go especially now that I'm actually making most of it. It takes time patience and practice. And likely you'll have to do the majority of it on your own. Having a team or people to help you is only going to get the minimal amount of work done. Just keep this in mind that you'll probably have to make a good portion of the game by yourself to show people you're committed and to get the ball rolling. I would say to take essentials and work on things on your own to test what you know and help yourself get better. The only way is to practice

Years
  • Thanks, it does make me feel better about it. I have a lot of learning to do, but I am excited for when it all comes together and I can make a start this this fangame in earnest!

Back