• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and the adventures of Callum

stacal

Story Writer
Years
  • Enjoy!

Chapter 9 Charmander

Callum got out his Pokedex and pointed it at the orange Pokemon
    "Charmander, the baby lizard Pokemon. Charmanders are very rare and hard to find. If the fire goes out on it's tail it would die" chanted the Pokedex.

The baby Charmander began to cry. Lucian threw a bottle of warm milk in a beaker to Callum. He caught it and put it near the baby's mouth. The baby Charmander moved it's mouth towards the beaker and it drank the warm milk.

Three minutes later the baby had finished his milk. The door opened and Sammie walked in.
    "I heard you were back so I…" said Sammie noticing the baby. "Aw, when was it born?" asked Sammie.
    "Four minutes ago" answered Lucian. The baby began to cry.

"There, there you can have some more milk tomorrow" reassured Callum while patting Charmander on the back.
    "I'll just go and tell Mum the news" said Sammie happily.
    "So will I" Said Lucian calmly. "I'll be back in a minute."

Five minutes they still hadn't come back so Callum wandered out of his room, leaving Charmander on his own…

He walked past an open door. A boy who was about nine was in a large bed. He had a Squirtle and a Poliwhirl standing next to his bed. Then he heard someone's voice. It was Hope's voice. She was sitting in a sofa in the boy's room along with another little boy.

"You'll get better soon. You have already had it out now soon you can go back to school and see your best friend, Alex" said Hope kindly. Fred groaned.
    "But I don't want to go back to school, please let me stay here a bit longer" pleaded Fred. They all looked up and saw Callum.

"Hey I now you, you're Charlie's mate, Callum. Am I right?" asked Hope.
    "Yes, but please could you tell me who are they?" enquired Callum pointing a finger at the two boys.

"My brothers" answered Hope. "The one in the bed is Fred. He's just had his appendix taken out" explained Hope, pointing at the older boy in the hospital bed. "The other one is Wilf" said Hope pointing at the young boy sitting next to her.

Sammie walked past the open door and saw Callum.
    "Where's the baby?" asked Sammie.
    "In my room" said Callum calmly as he walked out of Fred's room and into his.
    He looked around. Charmander wasn't there. Sammie glared at Callum.
    "You left the baby alone? Boys" sighed Sammie.

Callum, Sammie and Lucian looked for Charmander all afternoon and evening. It was now dark and Callum still hadn't found Charmander. Then it hit him. He had left the window open. Baby Charmander was probably outside cold and scared. Callum had to find him.

He ran down the corridor and got his fully-healed pokemon of the nurse and ran out of the rotating doors. It was now 10 'O' Clock and it was looking grim for Charmander. Then Callum looked at the ground. There was a small path that a small fire Pokemon had created. Callum followed the small path until he came to a small barbed-wired fence. It was fifty centimetres high and had a small, burnt hole at the bottom of it. Callum stared at it. He might as well go through it.

He ran at the barb wire. It met his legs, tearing at his flesh. He was half way through the barb wire. He carried on running, ignoring the unbearable pain on his legs. Finally he had got through the barb wire.

He looked at his trousers or what was left of them. He had thousands of little cuts on his leg, but still he carried on down the small path.

After a few minutes of walking in the dense forest he saw a Squirtle run past. He had seen the Squirtle before, but where? Then he remembered it was Fred's Squirtle.

Then he heard a rustle in the bushes he turned around and saw five Pokemon come out of the bushes. Slowly, they walked past Callum. There was something wrong with their eyes. They were hypnotised.

They disappeared through some more bushes. Callum followed them until they came to a river. The Pokemon glowed and they were lifted into the air. They drifted over the river and landed on the other side. The Pokemon disappeared behind some tall grass.

Callum looked at the ten metre wide river and jumped in. Immediately he was swept away in the strong current. He frantically waved his arms about in the water. He managed to get his foot tangled in some weeds. He felt his belt and the Pokeballs being ripped from him.

Callum watched helplessly as him Pokemon quickly were swept away in the current. He dived under the water and ripped the strong weed out of the river bed. He was quickly swept away. This time he was swimming with the current. He looked around for his belt.

His stomach churned. He had remembered. This was Treter River and at the end was the biggest waterfall in Sinnoh. He was just about a mile from the waterfall. Then he saw his belt. It was about ten metres in front of him. He swam as fast as he could with the current.

Callum gasped, he could now see the waterfall. It was only twenty-five metres away. He reached out his arms and snatched the belt from the cold, icy river. There was a vine that was drifting in the river. Callum stretched out his fingers and grabbed it.

The vine began to stretch. His stomach hit a rock and he was dragged underwater. He was choking but he was still holding onto the vine with all of his might. He was only a metre away now. Then he saw it.

The black creature he had seen at Charlie's house and in the sky was staring at him. Then he fell of the river and in to the waterfall. He was falling, falling into darkness. Then the vine stopped stretching. He was halfway down the waterfall hanging by a vine. The vine was beginning to stretch even more. The vine snapped and he began his 500m descent to earth.

stacal

Story Writer
    Years
  • Here's Chapter 10 Enjoy!

Chapter 10 The Christmas Manic Panic

Callum woke up, his eyes were still closed. He could here people talking. He shivered.
    "December already! He still hasn't woken up yet. What are we going to do Sally? It's almost Christmas, he has to be awake for Christmas"

Callum opened his eyes. He was in the hospital except something was different. The hospital had been painted blue and it was freezing cold. Charlie, Jack and the nurse were standing next to him. Charlie saw Callum and laughed.

"Speak of the devil, he's just woken up" chuckled Charlie. Sally ( the nurse) and Jack looked at Callum and shifted uneasily. "I'm afraid you've been asleep a very long time. It's… It's…"
    "Christmas Eve" finished Jack.

"What? Oh no! Oh no! I haven't got any presents for anyone. What am I going to do? What am I going to do? Said Callum very quickly.
    "Rest of course, this is the first time you've been awake for about seven months, we wouldn't want you banging your head on that rock again, would we?" asked Sally.

"What rock?" inquired Callum.
    "The one you hit when you fell out of the tree" she replied.
    "What? I fell of the waterfall not a tree" stated Callum, "Where's Charmander?" Sally picked something up of Callum's bedside tab and handed it to him. It was Charmander's pokeball, "So I see you found Charmander"

"What do you mean? Charmander had been sitting on your bed until you fell of the tree. Anyway we all should be getting to bed it's 11 'O' Clock already" laughed Jack.
    "Goodnight" said every one as they walked quickly out of the room.

Callum jumped out of bed and took of the hospital pyjamas. He got on his usual clothing apart from the shorts. He put on his thick woolly trousers, grabbed his Pokeball's and opened the large, wooden door into the corridor. He looked left then right and slowly he began to creep down the corridor.

After 2 minutes he came to reception. He creeped over to the door and pulled down the handle. The door clicked and he walked out into the snowy night.

His leather shoes crunched on the crisp, white snow. He walked up a hill and looked down at the half built Treter Town. He glanced around and saw a sledge. This was going to be fun.

Callum threw all of his three Pokeballs into the air, they all came out. Callum pointed at the sledge and the Pokemon beamed at Callum and jumped in. Callum sat down on the sledge.

"Bidoof, use Water Gun behind us" commanded Callum. Bidoof's Water Gun hit the snow sending them down the hill. The Christmas madness had begun. Callum tilted the sledge side to side, avoiding the rocks. The snow began to get deeper and they speeded up, Callum moaned.

If they went forward they would fall 100m to their death. If they went left they would hit a gigantic block of ice. If they went right they would enter Treter Cave.
    "Charmander, use your strongest Flamethrower on that block of ice" panicked Callum. Charmander's
    Flamethrower hit the ice. Slowly, it was melting leaving a puddle in front of it. After five seconds of intense heat the block of ice melted. Charmander layed down, exhausted. They were going to make it.

The sled skidded, they were slowly turning away from the empty space.
    "No! No! No! No! No!" shouted Callum. The water, from the melted ice, was making them skid the wrong way. They were going to enter Treter Cave.

They entered. The sled shook violently on the uneven rock surface. Charmander and Bidoof panicked sending out Flamethrowers and water guns everywhere. They hit the roof weakening it. Small shards of rock fell of the roof hitting Callum and his Pokemon. Callum glanced behind him. There were large pieces of rock where he had been seconds ago. The roof was beginning to cave in…

"Star, Star" shrieked Starly. Callum looked in front of him, the cave was going to split into two different tunnels.
    He tilted to the left and went into the left tunnel. The light was slowly draining away. After twenty seconds it had all gone. The sled shook more rapidly hitting more rocks and then…Light? There was a large beam of light at the end of the tunnel. Just two more metres till the end of the tunnel.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Callum had completely forgotten about the cave caving in. A giant rock hit the front of the sleigh sending Callum and his Pokemon flying forwards out of the tunnel.

Callum blinked. He wasn't at the end of Treter cave. He had just reached the final obstacle standing in his way, the lake.

The lake was huge. It looked deeper than the Thames. It's black water hid the creatures than lived in it. He was 500m above the lake and falling fastly.
    "Charmander!" screeched Charmander. Great! If Charmander landed in the lake he would almost certainly die.

Callum reached for his leather belt and grabbed Charmander's Pokeball. He pointed it at Charmander and pressed the return button. The red light shot out and missed Charmander. Callum tried again the red light shot out and then he was in the lake. He couldn't see Charmander anywhere, he could only hope he was in his Pokeball.

Callum saw a bright light coming from the bottom of the lake. It was the exit. Callum grabbed onto Bidoof's tail and Starly. Bidoof began to swim and pulled them through the water.

They where out of the cave lake and into another. Bidoof swam quicker and pulled them up to the surface. Callum gently swam to edge and got out. He had made it to Treter Town but had Charmander? Callum took a brief glance at Starly and looked back. The pokemon wasn't Starly it was a Poliwrath.

Callum snatched Charmander's Pokeball from his belt and pressed the open button. It opened but nothing came out. Callum quickly looked at Bidoof, his only Pokemon left. There were loads more splashes from the lake as more and more Poliwrath came out of the lake. They glared at Callum, he had been the intruder in their lake and now he must die…

Back