• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon as a Game

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    I still can't get over, how little people recognize it as a turn based RPG.
    They've completely made it it's own genre though.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    So talking about the game doesn't come under General talk about pokemon...
    I'm stumped.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No. When you're talking about the games and not the Pokemon themselves, that's when it goes here. Had you read the announcement like Miss Doronjo just pointed out, you would have known that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh snap.

Anyway, Pokemon is a victim of gamer snobbery. My best friend is a hardcore PC gamer and she turns up her nose at Pokemon every time I try to talk about it. As far as I can tell, that's what this thread is about. It's not entirely clear...

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Yeah, even my gamer friends who do like Pokemon generally don't see it as a game to be taken seriously. Hence why, once I'm finished breeding and training them, my EV-trained IV-bred Pokemon will crush them in battle. :)

silence27

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Lol yeah It's one of the best rpgs I think n if you play it right and have someone to challenge it's the gift that keeps on giving

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • People don't seem to realize that to be truly successful at a Pokemon game, it takes a lot of dedication. Battling effectively requires a lot of carefully planned out strategies and movesets.

Back