• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Astra Adventures 2

Years
    Hi again, so - I've beaten the game as far as it goes so far, and I've got quite a lot to say. I'm gonna split this into genuine criticisms, praise, bug reports and suggestions, for your own benefit. If you're already aware of any of these problems, please excuse me.

PRAISES:
    Spoiler:

CRITCISMS:
    Spoiler:

BUGS AND FAULTS:
    Spoiler:

SUGGESTIONS:
    Spoiler:

Overall, I've had a blast playing this and I can't wait to see what's next. This feels like a breath of fresh air in the metaphorical sub-genre of Kanto Remakes/Rehashes/etc., and I wish you the best of luck with this game's development going forward. If you'd like any suggestions on various novel things such as side quests, I'd be happy to help! That being said, I hope my criticisms help even a little, I apologise if I come off as harsh. Have a great day.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Not a fan of forced double battles, and the first gym leader using Snorlax and Jigglypuff is a bit insane. I tried to find a mankey but theres no spot on route 23 for them to spawn

I will take on board that not everyone will want a double battle for Gym one, I found it helped to take on the strong combo of lax and Jigglypuff. It also was my way of encouraging the player to actually capture an extra Pokemon or two.
    I actually may consider giving all gyms the option of a double or single battle. This could potentially make things interesting.
    I don't know what people would think about that?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi again, so - I've beaten the game as far as it goes so far, and I've got quite a lot to say. I'm gonna split this into genuine criticisms, praise, bug reports and suggestions, for your own benefit. If you're already aware of any of these problems, please excuse me.

PRAISES:
    Spoiler:

CRITCISMS:
    Spoiler:

BUGS AND FAULTS:
    Spoiler:

SUGGESTIONS:
    Spoiler:

Overall, I've had a blast playing this and I can't wait to see what's next. This feels like a breath of fresh air in the metaphorical sub-genre of Kanto Remakes/Rehashes/etc., and I wish you the best of luck with this game's development going forward. If you'd like any suggestions on various novel things such as side quests, I'd be happy to help! That being said, I hope my criticisms help even a little, I apologise if I come off as harsh. Have a great day.

Thank you for the praise, it always helps with productivity.

- I'll take another look at the Centres and Marts. They were supposed to have a sign next to them but I removed them for mapping reasons.
    - As the game itself is set to be much bigger outdoorwise I did look for ways to make interiors smaller to just help time wise. but I can look at more tiles for this later.
    - Sora is set to be more of an informant character just to highlight certain items/abilities/combos etc... I agree her story through the game needs a little more developing.
    - I'm thinking of reworking the Meltan quest now but it will take a while to get it sorted. I'll keep it as it is for now so it is still in the game to be caught.
    - The tiles need checking over for movement but thats what playtesting is for so I appreciate you pointing these out.
    - The Gen 9 starters was just an easter egg but I can form some kind of event around it. I'll also have to input some kind of Light Ball like item for them to make up for them not actually having evolutions yet.
    - The Exp Candies are very game breaking but I am hoping people only use them if needed. It was done to reduce grinding and to help quickly fill the Pokedex because I know people like to do that.

I've made a note of the bugs and will get to work on that for V2.
    Thanks for being so specific it makes fixes much easier to sort considering I don't actually have playtesters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Pokemon Astra Adventures V1.2 is now available to download.

V1.2 Updates and Fixes:
    - Demo now ends at Gym 5
    - Chansey in the Pokemon Centers no longer crash the game
    - Pokemon cries are now heard when static/wild encounters are interacted with
    - In-game trades now work as expected.
    - Mega stones are no longer obtained prior to obtaining the mega ring
    - Gym 1 is now an optional Double/single battle
    - Cerulean City Berry Man glitch no longer freezes the game
    - Majority of TMs are now in the game - Weather and Terrain TMs still to be included

Still need to fix a few of the text issues but that will come with time and play testing.
    Thanks for everyone who has given me feedback so far. I'm looking at ways of improving this project as much as I can.

I have been asked for a speed up button and new character sprites;
    - For a speed up, I don't actually know how to do it but if someone wants to find a tutorial or something please do send it my way.
    - For the character sprites I don't consider myself good enough at pixel art to make a well designed character but if anyone would like to put something together and send it my way please feel free.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I will take on board that not everyone will want a double battle for Gym one, I found it helped to take on the strong combo of lax and Jigglypuff. It also was my way of encouraging the player to actually capture an extra Pokemon or two.
    I actually may consider giving all gyms the option of a double or single battle. This could potentially make things interesting.
    I don't know what people would think about that?

I apologize for that, I get the reasoning and after I finally found Mankey (the game said it was on route 23 but it was a rare encounter on 22 where it should be canonically, a small text detail worth changing up) and won in the gym. Though I admit the option to choose single or doubles would be a cool one, it'd give everyone the challenge they would like.

I also should have mentioned this the other day but in Mt. Moon, the fist scientist trainer I encountered crashed my game when his magnemite used Sonic Boom. I forgot to get the crash report, I'll grab it asap so you can look at it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I apologize for that, I get the reasoning and after I finally found Mankey (the game said it was on route 23 but it was a rare encounter on 22 where it should be canonically, a small text detail worth changing up) and won in the gym. Though I admit the option to choose single or doubles would be a cool one, it'd give everyone the challenge they would like.

I also should have mentioned this the other day but in Mt. Moon, the fist scientist trainer I encountered crashed my game when his magnemite used Sonic Boom. I forgot to get the crash report, I'll grab it asap so you can look at it.

Oh! I'll have to get that bit fixed! I'm pretty bad when it comes to text errors. my bad.
    I'll take a look at the sonicboom thing. I had a problem with this in previous fan games. I'm still unsure why this happens

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I had another issue with Dragon Rage, when I used it in battle it had a error that read "Stack has run too deep".

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    oh of course, I try to replicate it and it fails to cooperate. Even tried to do with Sonic Boom too and nothing. I feel like I lied about it now. If it happens again I'll run it by you properly right now it doesnt seem to be repeatable. I think it may have been a problem with essentials not keeping up if anything.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    sorry for the double post but this is actually important enough to warrant; got a bug with dragon rage again, but this isnt a stacking error like before but specifically one on Meltan.

https://imgur.com/QjAXmPX

EDIT: Ok the dragon rage error keeps occuring like crazy it needs to be fixed ASAP.

https://imgur.com/a7CDdBu

Last edited:
    Years
    So the new demo ends after the thunder badge, but I can still go on towards Diglett Cave and Route 11. Is this supposed to happen?
    I've been kinda nervous to go any further than what the story implies, to be honest, as I don't want to break anything or potentially miss something in a future update, but I'm not sure how far exactly I'll be able to go in each demo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    So the new demo ends after the thunder badge, but I can still go on towards Diglett Cave and Route 11. Is this supposed to happen?
    I've been kinda nervous to go any further than what the story implies, to be honest, as I don't want to break anything or potentially miss something in a future update, but I'm not sure how far exactly I'll be able to go in each demo.

Yeah that's fine.
    I've blocked the player off from progressing onto route 9 and that's the only way to actually get any further into the game.

Feel free to explore. Even if you find a way though nothing will break the game. It's basically finished, I'm just releasing it in chucks to pick up any errors a long the way.
    Literally to make it easy on myself for repairs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    sorry for the double post but this is actually important enough to warrant; got a bug with dragon rage again, but this isnt a stacking error like before but specifically one on Meltan.

https://imgur.com/QjAXmPX

EDIT: Ok the dragon rage error keeps occuring like crazy it needs to be fixed ASAP.

https://imgur.com/a7CDdBu

I'll get a post sorted when I'm home.
    I've not messed with the move codes so it's a mistake in essentials.
    I'll just replace the moves in the game or just change the effect if I need to.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I like seeing Dragon Rage as a TM though, but I suppose until whatever is wrong with the attack it'd be good to replace it until it is fixed I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I like seeing Dragon Rage as a TM though, but I suppose until whatever is wrong with the attack it'd be good to replace it until it is fixed I suppose.

I know but maybe we can think of something nice for dragon rage to become instead.

I've posted it on a help thread but no luck so far.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    a real shame still, as I was looking forward to a defensive Arcanine which uses physical attacks, with Dragon Rage as a surprise attack for physical walls.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Pokemon Astra Adventures 2 - Kanto Campaign is now available.
    Players can now full access the complete Kanto Story!

Fixes from V1.2
    - SonicBoom and Dragon Rage have had their effects changed to now work like Night Shade.
    - Various Text issues (This is on going but if you can report any problems that will really help)

Update:
    - Kanto story is now complete

Years
    Will Johto ever be available? It's on the town map, so I'm confused as to whether that's planned or not.

Also, I was working on another small list of bugs that I found, but I'm not sure what's changed in the new update since I've been very busy and need to catch up. Should I still post the bugs I found even if some are fixed?

Back