• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon B/W and the DSi

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Bloodbane

General of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I was wondering everyone is saything that Pokemon Black and White will only be avaliable on the DSi... then i herd that only certain features will be accessable... which is true cause I have a normal DS Lite and I dont really want to go out and buy a DSi...

So will there be a major difference if I do or dont have the DSi?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Pokemon Black and White is made for DS, not solely for DSi or 3DS. The only features I can think of at the moment that Dsi has over it's predecessors is Live Caster or I believe it is called now Xtransceiver.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    I may be wrong, but I believe the only difference is the ability to do some form of video chat (Xtranciever) with your friends, but from the footage that I've seen the screen refresh rate is really slow. So not a major difference.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The two posters are right - you don't miss out on anything extra other than that by not having the DSi (and the DSi has region locking anyway, meaning if your game is imported, you won't be able to play it on an English DSi). Oh and you can also connect to Nintendo Wifi via WPA instead of WEP, so that's something else. But otherwise... I think you should stick with your DS Lite until it breaks or something, but it's up to you.

Future questions belong in simple questions sticky.

Pokemon B/W and the DSi

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back