• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon B/W Have Bad Graphics

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    Of course not! B/W have much better graphics than any other handheld game in the series so far, and in my opinion, they look very nice. While it is true that the backsprites are pixelated, that's one minor flaw. There are limitations to the DS's graphical capabilities.

The graphic of the generation V games were good overall.However, I would have expected better from a game that is supposed to surpass is predissesors(spelling?). The pokemon featured in the box or in the summary look pretty good, that all changes when you go into a pokemon battle. Pokemon participating in a battle have a pixelated qualtiy to them,even from afar. Some features of your pokemon are blurred to the point that they don't look like a seperate appendage at all, I couldn't tell whether or not my Typhlosion had ears or not at first glance. I'm wasn't expecting much in the graphic department but why are Black and White's graphics so bad compared to Diamond,Pearl, and Platinum. Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Black/White's graphics are pretty good to me. I couldn't expect something better. DPP's graphics were too pixelated. Still a little noobish if you understand what I mean. Black/White's graphics improved really a lot since last games. I don't see blurred Pokémon at all. And if they are so blurred for you why don't you go buy yourself glasses?

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    The back sprites annoy me a LOT. I can't see a problem why they couldn't make the sprites of pokemon smaller so the pixels weren't so large..

But overall I'm pretty satisfied though. The nature looks great, I just adore how the seasons change.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    i actually love the new animation in the battles and i think it adds a lot to the aesthetics of the game.

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
    I really am disagree with the title that B/W has the bad graphics and stuffs... I seriously think that they improved a lot compare to Diamond and Pearl, and not to mention Platinum as well. I mean I just think B/W has perfect score for everything, except the story =/

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    For me, the graphics, especially the battle backgrounds & menu and sprites are mediocre and I don't like them. Also, zooming Pokemon raising their stats in a double battle or showing the whole field when there's sandstorm is just horribly annoying.
    HGSS ones were like five times better than those. Now I'm hoping they will do something to the graphics in RSEmakes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    they wasted their money on gettin thr pokemon right so then they put rubbish graphics on

Back