• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Ballons? Skill or Dumb Luck

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Has anyone else tried to figure out this new mini game on the pokemon global trade website that you use your pokemiles for. is there any trick to it to get a better score or is it all just plain dumb luck. I spent about 2000 pokemiles so far and once I got an A ranking score but most of the time I end up with a C rank. Any one got any Advice?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    it's dumb luck, I've spent a few thousand points on it already. closest I've seen to anything is that there's usually a string of berries before getting anything useful.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    it's 100% random. i've gotten grade E and gotten everythign from berries to evolution items.. popped the same exact baloons over and over each time, got random scores/grade.. i even scored a Perfect A 100 points.. got hondew berries >.>

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Yeah, pure luck. The best strategy is just to pop the first balloons you see so you can get through it as quickly as possible.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I'm not even sure what the point of the game is other than popping the balloons. Nothing will give you 10 points guaranteed so you just have to have dumb luck, yeah. I've never gotten over 80 points. -.-

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I'm not even sure what the point of the game is other than popping the balloons. Nothing will give you 10 points guaranteed so you just have to have dumb luck, yeah. I've never gotten over 80 points. -.-

Doens't matter if you get over 80.. you'd get the same prizes anyways.. which are awesome :D!!!! much easier and better than earning and spending battle points for these items..

Also it's better that you don't get over 80, or else you'll be heartbroken like I was >.> Got perfect 100 A score.. got Hondew Berries >.> the same damn prize possible as getting the lowest score...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    I got the electabuzz evolution item from it first time!

I clicked the same ballons repeatedly and on one game I got 100 and another all different numbers

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    It's random :( I was hoping for something more set but I suppose this is the best solution considering the vast age difference.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    It's random :( I was hoping for something more set but I suppose this is the best solution considering the vast age difference.

most young children can handle a little balloon popping game if there was some kind of method to it. Training pokemon is way harder.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    most young children can handle a little balloon popping game if there was some kind of method to it. Training pokemon is way harder.

True, but if it were just a game of clicking the smallest and fastest balloons and the more points the higher the prize it would be to easy. What I'm thinking of is a more complex game but still simple enough that young children can understand. Maybe something like the Pokemon-Anime game Head It (I think that's what it's called). I don't know about you guys but I don't always get very high scores with that. I think it might be a even game that you could get better items the more points you get or the higher the streak.

Cricket64

What does Eevee say?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Guess I've never heard of this game, I need to try it out because it sounds fun :)

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    True, but if it were just a game of clicking the smallest and fastest balloons and the more points the higher the prize it would be to easy. What I'm thinking of is a more complex game but still simple enough that young children can understand. Maybe something like the Pokemon-Anime game Head It (I think that's what it's called). I don't know about you guys but I don't always get very high scores with that. I think it might be a even game that you could get better items the more points you get or the higher the streak.

speed up the balloons, give a certain amount of clicks, scores or patterns are basis for prizes. Multiple prizes for rank so it's still random, but you can actually get what you need without spending all your points. So like you get A rank, you get 1 of 3 evolution items.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    yeah i think prizes should of been based on # of clicks, pattern and size of balloons you clicked, to determine the grade you receive then that grade is used to determine which random prize you get.

i.e. the rarer/harder to get evolutionary items reserved for Grade A, normal evolutionary items for grade C, and stuff like berries for grade E.

If i click 3 fennikens, 3 froakies, 4 pikachus, and those 3 fennekins happened to be all largest baloons, froakies 3 tiniest, pikachu 3 mediums..for example that could be 70 points..

but if next roudn i clicked 3 fennikens that were small, 3 froakies that were large, 5 pikachus that were medium, that could be 15 points.

or say i clicked 3 froakies large, 3 fennikens small, 5 medium pikachus, that would be 40 points even though it's exactly same balloons as first however a different order..

So basically the points are determined on the Size of Balloon, the Pokemon, and Order you in which you click them, plus # of mouse clicks (punished if you clicked wildly as each miss (or click over 10) = a point deduction).

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    speed up the balloons, give a certain amount of clicks, scores or patterns are basis for prizes. Multiple prizes for rank so it's still random, but you can actually get what you need without spending all your points. So like you get A rank, you get 1 of 3 evolution items.

Wow, perfection right here! Send this to Game Freak bro, this is a stroke of genius! :) Only thing to argue is that points should be docked for the number of clicks missed.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Wow, perfection right here! Send this to Game Freak bro, this is a stroke of genius! :) Only thing to argue is that points should be docked for the number of clicks missed.

that's good, better than the limit on clicks. now if only game freak actually cared about their consumers opinions.....

Back