• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Once traded to a legitimate cartridge (Diamond), will Pokemon caught normally on a r4 Heartgold ROM with no stat changes etc be able to be transfered to black 2 (legit cartridge) and into the pokemon bank to a legit X or Y game without detection?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Once traded to a legitimate cartridge (Diamond), will Pokemon caught normally on a r4 Heartgold ROM with no stat changes etc be able to be transfered to black 2 (legit cartridge) and into the pokemon bank to a legit X or Y game without detection?

I think as long as you have a legit BW or BW2 cartridge inserted, it should be no problem, because that is what the pokemon bank app probably checks, like the dream radar!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Possibly, but I'm worried about it finding out that the pokemon aren't from a real cartridge originally, even if their stats are the normal and they were caught without any cheats/hacks.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Possibly, but I'm worried about it finding out that the pokemon aren't from a real cartridge originally, even if their stats are the normal and they were caught without any cheats/hacks.

well, i really don´t know how many details pokemon bank will check before "allowing" you to send a pokemon in. I think though it´s not going to be much of a problem, since a pokemon caught on a flashcard shouldnt be any different from one caught on the original. i had both pokemon fom an original White 2 and a r4 Black on the GTS, and it worked just fine.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    How exciting, koff~

I can't wait to use this feature! It sounds like a great way for me to store Pokemon I have no room for that others might want! 3,000 Pokemon huh? I'm always up for a challenge. I filled out my boxes in Pokemon White Version and I can fill out more! I always thought it was silly to hoard Pokeballs in the hundreds and not use them, so I started fishing for moonstones with Clefairy and Lunatone. No luck so far, but I just release them anyway. It's all in the adventure, koffi~

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I filled out my boxes in Pokemon White Version and I can fill out more!

Wooow thats like a looot of Pokemon xD I´m really excited about pokemon bank as well. up until now i was always too lazy to really try to "catch´em all", but since with pokebank we can store everything in a safe place and can even start a new game, i´m ready to give it a try and catch as many as i can!! Plus, 4,99 a year seems a relly reasonable price (:

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    Nintendo is being closed mouth on what the Pokebank checks for when storing pokemon, but as long as they aren't hacks, and are legit, I think it will store them

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Nintendo is being closed mouth on what the Pokebank checks for when storing pokemon, but as long as they aren't hacks, and are legit, I think it will store them

you can get all the pokemon with GTS just breed them to make new new id pokemon so the pokebank take them

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    $4.99 a year. no one should be crying about the price for this. that cheaper then all mmorpg for servers. i know why they made it $5 so parent will pay for pokebank for there kids

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Most parents still won't pay for it regardless of the cost. There will be many young children that won't be able to transfer anything to the new games.

that what parents are for and anyone age 10 should know how to run a computer. i was on computer when i was 3 that was back 1989

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I just said "MOST PARENTS WILL NOT PAY FOR IT EVEN THOUGH ITS CHEAP."....So there WILL be a lot of children that will not get to use the Pokebank because their parents will not pay for it. Unless you have abnormally NICE parents. Majority of them will not pay for such a service. You will need a credit card to enable and pay for it and seeing as unless you are around the age of 16 you won't be able to get anything close. Most companies won't issue any kinda of pay card even the reloadable credit cards to anyone under the age of 18 (depends on location but 18 is the general acceptable age).

So there are going to be a lot of children that will not get to use this. Its not a matter of cost. Parents will just not see the point in wasting money in general for something like this. Others, if the child plays online games that have a cost, will force the kid to make a decision, pay for the online game that all their friends play on or pay for the yearly bank subscription.

I've passed the info to hundreds of parents and they've all said that they would not pay for their kid to use the Poke Bank. I work in a freaking toy store where my main job is to inform them of extra products for their toys to help push the sale of the toy. Every single parent responded the same way: They'd better get a job because they aren't using my card. Majority of the children belonging to these parents were below the age of 15 so that still wasn't even a chance of getting the Bank.

Those that HAVE a family that wants to spoil them will pay for it. The parents that will make their kids work for it MAY put their cards on there for that as well. Majority of the parents however will not do anything to get their kids the Pokebank subscription.

you dont need a credit card. you have Debit cards now and paypal. and there some parents who play the first pokemon game mostly like buy this. i bet some this people on this forums have kids

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2 and Pokémon Box allowed it a long time ago, too. Storing it online was only the next obvious step.

I'd steer clear of personal anecdotes as a claim if I were you. No doubt, demographics will vary across several markets.

By the way, I imagine Pokémon Bank will use the eShop to process its subscriptions. Meaning, a child could ostensibly purchase one of these to pay for their sub.

If it means anything, I know a handful of people who buy their kids iTunes and App Store gift cards. The reasons should be obvious—they want to be in full control of the content their children purchase. Ostensibly, there inevitably are parents who fully trust their children to make purchases.

I'd wager a lot of parents give their kids money to put in their eShop accounts all the time, otherwise, they'd have almost no games to play anyway. Just a two cents from someone with a lot of friends who are parents. I know a lot that spend almost $100 a month on iTunes and smartphone apps for their kids' tech. Parents these days are not as tech-phobic as they once were ... I mean .... the generation parents are from MADE the tech industry what it is today, we started making it all popular when we were in school so there would be more for us to play with after the next generation of geeks improved it. There use to be a saying, "if you want the VCR clock set, ask the kids to do it," that saying is obsolete now. If I had kids, I'd trust them to play any video game they so choose, so long as they work to earn the money from me for it somehow.

Its not much of a personal anecdote when you can ask and get the answer from complete strangers. Less so than assuming anyone can get it just because its affordable and you can get it.

As for the prepaid 3DS cards, that is assuming its through the 3DS system solely. If it isn't and requires outside registration, you'd have to make payments outside. While through the 3DS is an easier way to pay for it (the number of parents that pay for itunes cards and gaming cards still isn't more than those that wouldn't pay for them add to the fact that they now have to pay $20 minimum for a $5 feature.) there really wouldn't be any security on tracking payments and you'd be locked to using just that 3DS/2DS for all future interactions with that account. If you lose or sell the 3DS and have to get a new one then you'd likely not have access to your bank.

From what I've seen I am assuming the Pokebank is outside and associated with our Pokemon.com accounts...(possibly another hit against it as I've seen many parents not allow their kids to have accounts on Pokemon.com.) We'd then have to do paid subscriptions through our account which would then use the Game's internal code to link up to the service similar to how B/W/B2/W2 worked with the Dream World.

If through 3DS you stand to lose it all is you lose the system which isn't planned out very well for a Cloud service which is usually done outside of the initial system using it. Since its a cloud service I'd assume payments are made straight to it as well or to it through the main company. I'd imagine it would cost more if it had to piggyback through two vendors to get back to the main service.

$5 a year? I got $5 in change from the couch cushions per week when I was young .... in the 80s. Bums can get $5 from pennies on the ground, they do it all the time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    A Debit/Credit runs through the same systems. To have a Debit Card you need a Bank account to which you need to be at least 16 years of age (Going by my local bank laws). Since the youngest age you can legally work for is 16. Anyone under this age restriction cannot have a Debit Card. Same thing for Paypal. There are credit checks for Paypal last time I signed up for one and I was required to link a Bank account/Debit/Credit Card to it. I didn't have any of those so I didn't get a Paypal.

Parents STILL WILL NOT PAY FOR THE SERVICES. It doesn't matter what services are available to pay for it. If they need Parental acceptance to get those services, then the kid is out of luck. Any normal parent will not pay for the Pokemon Bank.

Parents will not pay for it. A child under the legal age to hold a card or method of online payment is **** out of luck.

You don't know this. You are basing this based on your own beliefs and experiences, but they are yours only. I think you should refrain from being so cynical about this. Most of the parents I've talked to are more than happy to do something for their children that'll a) make their kids happy, and b) keep them out of trouble. Most parents that I talk to not only know their children play these games but support their choice of games. They're always the first ones in line whenever a new game comes out. If they're willing, and eager even, to fork out the money for the game, I seriously doubt they'd refuse to pay for this service. And I work in a huge retail store that sees hundreds of people per day (Wal-Mart) You CAN'T speak to any parents other than your own and yourself (if you are one). I bet you most parents would surprise you. And as for having a debit card and a job, I had both before I even reached puberty! Unless, of course, it's your claim that delivering a newspaper as an employee of a news company and receiving a bi-weekly pay cheque doesn't count as a job, and of course, those cheques I received didn't go into my bank account even though I used my debit card to make the deposits.

On a different note. I see the price for this going up slightly in the future.

So will the price on pretty much everything else. That's just the nature of things. The price of bread will go up. The price of milk will go up. The price of gas will go up. Your electricity bill will go up. Prices have been going up since the barter system was put into place. You're not exactly saying anything shocking you know.

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    And just 2 cents from someone who works retail and has to keep track of these things, Parents really do not pay for a lot of this. First questions we get asked by parents "Do we have to put our ......

Clipped for space.

Wow ... um .... you are ignoring a ton of excellent points just to gripe about a $5 per year subscription fee for something that has (most likely) multiple ways to pay for it. Not to mention you are applying retail customer logic to digital customer habits, that's like comparing a lemon to an orange. Sure, most parents are way too busy with their lives to run to the store for every little thing their kids want, but parents spending money to buy video games for their kids is what made the industry as big as it is today. Until the 1990s, only kids played video games, because people were idiots and thought they were just for kids, like they also use to think cartoons were just for kids .... until anime became popular. I have this odd feeling that your problem is not the money, or whether kids will be capable of somehow getting $5 together, but that you are attempting to resist living in the future, tech-phobia is so 1970s, join us in today, please, I mean ... please. I expect this kind of buggery from someone twice my age with no life, watching television on an old black and white CRT set with bunny ears, not a pokefan who plays 3DS games. So here it is again, itemized:

1. 5 USD is a drop in the ocean, literally, you could find that much on the ground just by watching where you are going and picking up pennies.

2. Gift cards from game stores can be purchased with cash, no card needed to buy the card.

3. Parents love games like Pokemon for their kids, keeps them busy during times when they need to concentrate most, like when driving, they'll be more than happy to pay 5 USD for that kind of safety.

4. Kids can still mow lawns, and other various non-business jobs, in the US. They can't make getting paid for chores illegal, because that would, itself, be illegal.

5. Prepaid credit cards do not require a bank account, you can buy and load them in a ton of stores and there is no age limit in any country.

6. It's the future, get use to it or stay behind, but griping about it won't stop the rest of our species from moving forward.

Sorry, but any form of anti-tech or anti-future griping almost ruffles my fur, if I had any fur to ruffle.

you mostly like see Pokemon Bank game card in walmart,shopko,gamestop

Unless they use the eShop, that's very probable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    It is affordable but it does not mean everyone will be able to get it.

That's more accurate. Far more accurate than your generalized claim that "parents won't get it for their kids." I really dislike generalized statements, mostly because they're statements that have no basis in fact. They're the product of a personal point of view, not verifiable fact. But I would further clarify your statement to read: "It's affordable, but it does not mean everyone will be able to, or want to, get it."

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    Well, based on actual statistics, you're wrong, XanderO:

How much teens spend.
    https://www.statisticbrain.com/teenage-consumer-spending-statistics/

Yes, that's for everything they buy online, not just games ... but that's a huge market, a massive market, and a lot more money than most physical markets get. But that's not the kicker, this is, and I quote from the page:

Average annual income of a 12-14 year old $2,167

Once more, then I will drop out of this particular line of discussion on this topic:

https://www.marketingsherpa.com/article/how-to/data-spending-habits-dos-donts

A few quotes from the statistics:

77% [of the funds] are gifts from people other than parents/guardians
    82% [is spent] on video games, music, movies, books, videos/DVDs, virtual worlds, etc.
    82% [of their visits online are] entertainment/media sites

That's for "tweens," you know, kids.

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    December 27 is a long, long time I'd have to play without my beloved Swampert.

I know, right? That's my only complaint about it, the extra wait. I have so many pokemon I can't wait to transfer over, and pokerus! Wish I could get that from the beginning, but I have it on two games now, I must be really lucky. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2013
    hi guys im new to the site so i dont know if this is the right forum but i really would love any help regarding my issue, back when i played emerald (when it first came out) i was a child and had all the time in the world to catch myself a shiny rayquaza, it is something im proud of but when i was also quite silly as a child i let my friend boost the stats on it. i digress due to the anti cheating system will my rayquaza be unable to trade? it is in a amaster ball from hoenn and it has stats as follows, 414 hp, 399 att, 251 def, 438 sp att, 279 sp def and 289 speed. once again any help would be great :)

Back