• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I read an article (will try to find it) that said that the eshop in Japan has experienced at LEAST one (confirmed) down time since PokéBank returned, so it's still unstable it seems...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I read an article (will try to find it) that said that the eshop in Japan has experienced at LEAST one (confirmed) down time since PokéBank returned, so it's still unstable it seems...

Hopefully this is not the case. If you do happen to find the link, please post it, because I can't find nothing about it. However, I am expecting Pokebank to be release on the 4th of Febuary, two weeks from Japan's re-release, as it would make sense. IMO, 2 Weeks is PLENTY enough time to evaluate the situation, and to give a statement about the problem/why it's taking SOO long.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I read an article (will try to find it) that said that the eshop in Japan has experienced at LEAST one (confirmed) down time since PokéBank returned, so it's still unstable it seems...

was that the maintenance or another time besides that?

Hopefully this is not the case. If you do happen to find the link, please post it, because I can't find nothing about it. However, I am expecting Pokebank to be release on the 4th of Febuary, two weeks from Japan's re-release, as it would make sense. IMO, 2 Weeks is PLENTY enough time to evaluate the situation, and to give a statement about the problem/why it's taking SOO long.

they're doing extended maintenance on the 4th: U.S.: 7 a.m. (Monday) to 3 a.m. (Tuesday) for East Coast and 4 p.m. (Monday) to 12 a.m. (Tuesday) for West Coast.

Europe: 1 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday)

U.K.: 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. (Monday)

Japan: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday)

so, maybe after that? all we can really do is keep hoping.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If its maintenance its for a possible buff to what they may have noticed with the Japanese servers. Doesn't mean we're getting the game. I don't believe they come in through maintenance periods, those are just to fix errors that were found and to change out parts that may need upgrading. Even after the maintenance we may not see the app for a while while the continue to monitor stress on the Japan servers.

The Japanese servers should also receive way more stress than the NA and EU servers should experience since they have more traffic.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    If its maintenance its for a possible buff to what they may have noticed with the Japanese servers. Doesn't mean we're getting the game. I don't believe they come in through maintenance periods, those are just to fix errors that were found and to change out parts that may need upgrading. Even after the maintenance we may not see the app for a while while the continue to monitor stress on the Japan servers.

The Japanese servers should also receive way more stress than the NA and EU servers should experience since they have more traffic.

They're mum as to what the maintenance is for, but there really shouldn't be any major problems at this point. so unless Nintendo is completely incompetent, everything points to bank release or some other kind of release they didn't annouce. The maintenance is specifically for X and Y, and they wouldn't hold back something new considering they're hurting on sales.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    they're doing extended maintenance on the 4th: U.S.: 7 a.m. (Monday) to 3 a.m. (Tuesday) for East Coast and 4 p.m. (Monday) to 12 a.m. (Tuesday) for West Coast.

Europe: 1 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday)

U.K.: 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. (Monday)

Japan: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday)

so, maybe after that? all we can really do is keep hoping.....

They have maintenance every Monday, it has nothing to do with bank at all.

For anyone wondering what the maintenance is about, it is this...

"This coming Tuesday, February 4th, will see another maintenance period for the Pokémon Global Link from 5am JST to 5pm JST (7pm UTC Feb 3rd to 7am UTC Feb 4th). During this period, it has been announced that there is to be a shift in the Game Sync system. Originally, you could Game Sync once every four hours, but this was reduced to once every hour. However, as of this maintenance period, the duration required is to be 3 hours. We'll bring more details on any changes as they come" - Serebii.net

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    They have maintenance every Monday, it has nothing to do with bank at all.

For anyone wondering what the maintenance is about, it is this...

"This coming Tuesday, February 4th, will see another maintenance period for the Pokémon Global Link from 5am JST to 5pm JST (7pm UTC Feb 3rd to 7am UTC Feb 4th). During this period, it has been announced that there is to be a shift in the Game Sync system. Originally, you could Game Sync once every four hours, but this was reduced to once every hour. However, as of this maintenance period, the duration required is to be 3 hours. We'll bring more details on any changes as they come" - Serebii.net

I always found it funny how Serebii gets info the Nintendo doesn't put out themselves, but anyway, any tinkering done could be prep for whatever nintendo feels like doing. Don't crush our hopes.

Updated yesterday:

The PGL Will Be Entering a Maintenance Period.

The Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be unavailable during the following times:

US: Monday, February 3, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. (EST) until Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 3:00 a.m.
    UK: Monday, February 3, 2014, from 4:00 p.m. (GMT) until Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.

Note: Times are subject to change.

You don't plan for 16 hour maintenance unless they're doing major changes, and shifting the Sync time is a minor thing. Nintendo doesn't tell anyone what they're doing, so it's all speculation until it's done. With increased pressure and almost every twitter reply being about the bank (to the point where they've been deleting them) the prep for bank is a real possibility. They's have more than enough time to work out the bug and test the servers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I always found it funny how Serebii gets info the Nintendo doesn't put out themselves, but anyway, any tinkering done could be prep for whatever nintendo feels like doing. Don't crush our hopes.

Updated yesterday:

The PGL Will Be Entering a Maintenance Period.

The Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be unavailable during the following times:

US: Monday, February 3, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. (EST) until Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 3:00 a.m.
    UK: Monday, February 3, 2014, from 4:00 p.m. (GMT) until Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.

Note: Times are subject to change.

You don't plan for 16 hour maintenance unless they're doing major changes, and shifting the Sync time is a minor thing. Nintendo doesn't tell anyone what they're doing, so it's all speculation until it's done. With increased pressure and almost every twitter reply being about the bank (to the point where they've been deleting them) the prep for bank is a real possibility. They's have more than enough time to work out the bug and test the servers.

1. The PGL has nothing to do with pokemon bank at all. It is a completely different thing about the games and it would not need to be updated in order for the release of the bank.

2. Why didn't the Japanese get maintenance for their PGL upon the release of bank? (I never heard of one, anyway)

3. If they only announced this yesterday, then how come serebii knew about it 2 days ago?

4. If serebii knew about it a day before they announced it and so far they are very accurate with what their post says, then it is highly likely that the rest of their information is true as well.

5. Serebii.net is a very good source of information, and also very accurate. Probably a lot more accurate than a bunch of people on the internet saying "This is definitely about the bank getting released," only because they hope it is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    thy should figure out a way to only release it form one time zone at a time. like the eastern, then central, then mountain, then pacific. we need pokebank. like i want all of my only friends-i mean pokemon onto my new game already!

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    1. The PGL has nothing to do with pokemon bank at all. It is a completely different thing about the games and it would not need to be updated in order for the release of the bank.

2. Why didn't the Japanese get maintenance for their PGL upon the release of bank? (I never heard of one, anyway)

3. If they only announced this yesterday, then how come serebii knew about it 2 days ago?

4. If serebii knew about it a day before they announced it and so far they are very accurate with what their post says, then it is highly likely that the rest of their information is true as well.

5. Serebii.net is a very good source of information, and also very accurate. Probably a lot more accurate than a bunch of people on the internet saying "This is definitely about the bank getting released," only because they hope it is.

1) Online services being taken down, Bank is an online service and has to be connected to the games in someway.

2)Japan was the testing grounds to see how Bank would do with servers, so maintenance has been done already and their maintenance has nothing to do with us so no need to tell us about it.

3)UPDATED yesterday, not announced yesterday.

4/5) point is i couldn't find their sources, track record aside, no source info, no trust. No one said "This is definitely about the bank getting released,". as i said before, this is all speculation. Don't attacking people for hoping something they want comes out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I have access to Pokemon Bank since I have a Japanese friend who lives here, so waiting isn't too big a deal for me, but it is kinda annoying only being able to use it when he comes over. Hopefully it'll be out soon. They're using the Japanese version as a test before releasing it in the west. There seems to be an annoying problem where it sometimes won't send certain pokemon, even if they are legit. It won't let me transfer my Shaymin that was caught legit in Diamond. My friend says he can't transfer his legit Landorus either. Kinda annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed for the western release.

If anyone knows why it won't send these pokemon then please let me know. Maybe there is a move or something on my Shaymin that isn't in this gen? idk. It has no HMs and is 100% legit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    1) Online services being taken down, Bank is an online service and has to be connected to the games in someway.

2)Japan was the testing grounds to see how Bank would do with servers, so maintenance has been done already and their maintenance has nothing to do with us so no need to tell us about it.

3)UPDATED yesterday, not announced yesterday.

4/5) point is i couldn't find their sources, track record aside, no source info, no trust. No one said "This is definitely about the bank getting released,". as i said before, this is all speculation. Don't attacking people for hoping something they want comes out.

Online services are not being taken down, only access to the PGL (Both in-game and on the computer)

The you will still be able to connect to the internet, trade, battle, GTS, etc. will all still be available.

Anyway, I'm not trying to attack you, or anyone. I'm just trying to get the point across that any maintenance for the PGL now, or ever, will have anything to do with the release of the pokemon bank. The PGL in no way whatsoever has anything to do with bank at all. It is an online system that allows you to better connect with other players around the world. It keeps track of game information, medals earned in-game, GTS records, and pokemiles. It allows you to view others profiles, battle records, medals, and rankings which you otherwise could not see from in-game.

Don't get me wrong, I want pokemon bank just as bad as anyone else here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    If anyone knows why it won't send these pokemon then please let me know. Maybe there is a move or something on my Shaymin that isn't in this gen? idk. It has no HMs and is 100% legit.

Is it holding something? I've also heard a rumour that sometimes it stops you from transferring Pokemon that have 6 perfect IVs, although I'm not sure how accurate that is, since I got a 6IV Heatran in a trade...

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Online services are not being taken down, only access to the PGL (Both in-game and on the computer)

The you will still be able to connect to the internet, trade, battle, GTS, etc. will all still be available.

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

From Monday, February 3, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00 AM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    Nintendo 3DS
    - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

so yeah, online will be down

I have access to Pokemon Bank since I have a Japanese friend who lives here, so waiting isn't too big a deal for me, but it is kinda annoying only being able to use it when he comes over. Hopefully it'll be out soon. They're using the Japanese version as a test before releasing it in the west. There seems to be an annoying problem where it sometimes won't send certain pokemon, even if they are legit. It won't let me transfer my Shaymin that was caught legit in Diamond. My friend says he can't transfer his legit Landorus either. Kinda annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed for the western release.

I'm not really sure how they tell if it's legit or not, they might have tweaked it too much after the first launch cuz there were reports of hack pokemon getting through. Might have something to do with them being legendarys.

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I've also heard a rumour that sometimes it stops you from transferring Pokemon that have 6 perfect IVs, although I'm not sure how accurate that is, since I got a 6IV Heatran in a trade...

It shouldn't block a Pokémon with 6 perfect IVs, since they can happen in a game without hacks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Is it holding something? I've also heard a rumour that sometimes it stops you from transferring Pokemon that have 6 perfect IVs, although I'm not sure how accurate that is, since I got a 6IV Heatran in a trade...

Not holding anything since I sent it from Diamond, and some of my other pokemon were, it sends the items to the bag from what I can tell before sending them into the bank. I highly doubt it has 6ivs lol. I doubt I was that lucky as a kid.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

From Monday, February 3, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00 AM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    Nintendo 3DS
    - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

so yeah, online will be down

Okay, now I think we're talking about two different things. I thought we were talking about the PGL maintenance here.

I have to admit though, this could be about the bank. This is something I have not seen. Thank you for showing me this.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Okay, now I think we're talking about two different things. I thought we were talking about the PGL maintenance here.

I have to admit though, this could be about the bank. This is something I have not seen. Thank you for showing me this.

it's the same thing, everything is being taken down on the 4th for about 16 hours

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I'm not really sure how they tell if it's legit or not, they might have tweaked it too much after the first launch cuz there were reports of hack pokemon getting through. Might have something to do with them being legendarys.

Yeah it seems so. Still kinda annoying and inconvenient, I'd prefer not to have to resort to Pokedit to get an event Shaymin when I already have it caught legit and ready to transfer. Hopefully they fix this issue, since it is blocking legit pokemon and letting hacks in.

Back