• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ultra Sun] Pokemon Barren Black!

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    I'm having trouble finding the discord link in the documentation. I'm also using Citra, and cannot figure out how to get the game to function

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    I had a thought on this myself, would it be possible to have all the pokemon from Sun and Moon stay wthin the game, obviously be distributed throughout the trainers, etc? And if not all the ones from Sun and Moon, at the bare minimum all the pokemon from B&W and B2&W2 aka, including the ones from all generations before them.

151 pokemon seems kind of dull for a Sun and Moon hack. This is really the only thing your hack is missing for me.

Everything else, I love, favorite gen of all time for me, it just seems like it is missing some.

Feel free to say whether or not this is something you could do.

Obviously in this case call it something slightly different though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    anyway to run this on android? I have the drastic emulator, I just need to know if there is a way to patch this with my copy of the ultra sun rom?

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • Yes, there's a section in the documentation dedicated to it! I designed it for experienced hardcore nuzlockers, but of course anyone can give it a try! Bottom line is yes, I designed it with high strategy hardcore nuzlocke play in mind!

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • Join my discord, I'm currently working on a natdex hack even better than Barren Black. So far the Hoenn Dex is completely pimped out, and then bits and pieces of Alola are done, and the Kanto starters, and now I'm currently working on the Sinnoh Dex, about 1/4 done with that. It's super in depth and definitely something you'd be interested, so just join my discord server for links and updates! :)
    Link for disc is in the docs, on the 2nd or 3rd page of the main document.

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • Yes, I would! Obviously, only for experienced hardcore nuzlockers, and I'd heavily encourage the use of the documents as you play because it's not like your traditional romhack, almost every move is changed, mons, movesets, everything. I have a section in the trainer documentation dedicated to talking about nuzlockes and rulesets I reccomend in detail, so check it out!

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • I have good news for you. I've been working on a natdex hack for months now, called Sweltering Sun. Right now I've finished all of the Hoenn dex, and I'm about 1/3 done with the Sinnoh dex maybe more- and I've done parts of Alola and Kanto. The documents are fully fleshed out for mon changes and can be found in my Discord Server, which can be found through the documents for Barren Black, I believe literally on the first page of the Barren Mon Changes doc it says to join my server for details about my Magnum Opus project, which will be Sweltering Sun.

It'll be even better than Barren, and of course optimizing and fleshing out all 721 Pokemon is no easy task, so it takes a long time. Probably every Evo line takes minimum, 2-4 hours, and sometimes longer, to fully decide how I want to balance it, make the docuemntation for it, plan out the moves, abilities, and write justifications. :)

But yeah, check out my discord server for more info on Sweltering, seems like it'd be exactly what you're looking for my friend!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    I have good news for you. I've been working on a natdex hack for months now, called Sweltering Sun. Right now I've finished all of the Hoenn dex, and I'm about 1/3 done with the Sinnoh dex maybe more- and I've done parts of Alola and Kanto. The documents are fully fleshed out for mon changes and can be found in my Discord Server, which can be found through the documents for Barren Black, I believe literally on the first page of the Barren Mon Changes doc it says to join my server for details about my Magnum Opus project, which will be Sweltering Sun.

It'll be even better than Barren, and of course optimizing and fleshing out all 721 Pokemon is no easy task, so it takes a long time. Probably every Evo line takes minimum, 2-4 hours, and sometimes longer, to fully decide how I want to balance it, make the docuemntation for it, plan out the moves, abilities, and write justifications. :)

But yeah, check out my discord server for more info on Sweltering, seems like it'd be exactly what you're looking for my friend!

Is it specifically like Barren Black, only with 721 pokemon and of course fairy type and updated moves/types system and any other benefits of Gen 6 or Gen 7? Even gen 5 though would be pretty damn cool, but gen 6 would be good.

Reason I don't like the newer gens, is because, I hate feeling sorry for the villains... I could pm you more about this, but here is a synapses of how I feel about gen 6+ vs gen 5

I do get chills from BW due to how crazy N was and how pure evil Ghetsis was... ;)

Still, better than having a villian like Lysandre who loses their mind to such a degree, while thinking he is doing the right thing... which is sad to play, he actually thought he was doing what was needed, yes he was evil, but he seemed to be truly unaware how evil he had become.

To be fair though, Ghetsis doesn't care what is right and someone like him ruling is utter despair for everyone else :P

Hence why he was a fun villain to enjoy beating. :)

I should mention though, all this aside, I don't use discord...

Do you have an account on reddit? I could reply there in future if you needed me to.

Also, I know of gen 7's villain being possessed by some pokemon and trying to kill her own children due to madness, I didn't like that idea either.

:(

Last edited:

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • It's like Barren Black but WAY improved, it's basically a natdex hack of Ultra Sun but with my style and very in depth Pokemon changes/balancing changes. I have links to sheets in my Discord server, but check this out:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qbNPzRZnqESmC4VRnEVOQCXkySg_4uiA?usp=sharing - Folder with all Sweltering Sun stuff, BUT it's a bit outdated because I'm currently in the process of massively overhauling everything to Google Sheets. Check the google sheets specifically, those are up to date, but the Sinnoh and Hoenn changes (old docs) are able to be looked at, but they're a bit outdated and subject to change, but they're still good.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c3mQFC3jaOiL2Vza_bVaipVKdUnjLn61hU14NHIBC-Y/edit?usp=sharing
    Here's main sheet that I'm currently transferring all the old stuff onto- again I had Sinnoh & Hoenn and more done, but I'm reworking everything for sheets because it's a way better medium

Sorry it takes so long to respond, I'm not active on here at all, I am very active on Discord though, but since you don't have it I *sometimes* but not often use reddit, username is Dooz_Can

As for the whole story stuff, I actually usually prefer sympathetic villains vs just villains being evil for the sake of it- but I don't really play Pokemon for the story, if that wasn't already obvious by the nature of my hacks LMAO

Try and message me on reddit, I guess but I don't use it that much- but I use it WAY more than pokecommunity, so-
    Thanks! Sorry for the late reply :)

THIS GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE STALKING OR LURKING ON THIS THREAD, THE STUFF ABOUT SWELTERING

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • Rewarding, and challenging- but fair. If you're an amateur or novice, without doing a Nuzlocke, and using the docs for help on trainers, strategies, etc- you should be fine, and if you struggle at first, the hack encourages strategy and planning with all the items and moves and whatnot that I've changed around, and if you're semi-experienced a Nuzlocke should be fine, with the docs of course. A blind nuzlocke might be a bit overzealous, but it'd doable, just with a lot of death, but if you're swapping your team and building it for each fight, even if you're blind it would be doable. Overall, it's hard- but not stupidly hard, or unfair, or cheap. It's rewarding and balanced, but it is challenging. If you're doing a blind regular run and you're a novice, you will probably get beat down, but the good thing is even if you insist on playing without docs (Again, I don't reccommend that at all, at least not for everything blindly) you can adapt and use all the items, tms, tutors and more at your disposal to build a new approach the 2nd, 3rd and so on attempt at a battle.
    I hope that answered your question, and for any other lurkers wondering.

Dooz

Dooz
    Years
  • I believe it is on the first introductory section of most, if not all of the docs. Sorry for the late response, I'm not very active on this website.

Back